• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Why would anyone of the age they are not affected want to lock themselves up?

How is anyone of an ‘age...not affected’? It’s a global pandemic. By simple definition we are all affected.

By moving from one part of the world to another for pleasure you increase your risks of contracting the virus for no good reason. That then increases the risk of others contracting it.

It doesn’t seem unreasonable to wait a few months; progress with vaccines and treatments seems promising.

How is anyone of an ‘age...not affected’? It’s a global pandemic. By simple definition we are all affected.

By moving from one part of the world to another for pleasure you increase your risks of contracting the virus for no good reason. That then increases the risk of others contracting it.

It doesn’t seem unreasonable to wait a few months; progress with vaccines and treatments seems promising.

A global Pandemic for a virus that has an older average death rate than the actual death rate?

Young people are done being locked away and hiding, and fair play on them - the spread isnt adding deaths currently and the "shock" news that the testing is deeply flawed is showing there is no reason to hide away.

Like it or not tourism adds billions to the economy and it needs to start up again

I understand your point but I can act as responsibly abroad as I can at home. I am not looking to go to a packed resort or large hotel, or anywhere that mentions the word "buffet" in its description (things that I would avoid regardless of coronavirus). Granted there may be a risk with flying, although with the way air circulates and is refreshed in an aeroplane the risk level is potentially lower than commuting on a packed underground in London (imo, no scientific view behind that!). Good hygiene, washing/sanitising hands frequently, especially after touching airport security trays (purported to be one of the most unhygienic and highest risk things in the whole flying experience) etc., it needn't be any higher risk than going on holiday in this country and being stuck indoors because it's pouring down with rain.

But some people want to go on holiday.

Tottenham Hotspur have explored the possibility of allowing 4,000 of the club’s highest-paying supporters into the ground to watch the first game of the season, against Everton next Sunday.

Telegraph Sport understands Spurs are waiting to find out whether or not they will be allowed to have any fans present for the Everton game and expect a decision early next week.

Chairman Daniel Levy believes Tottenham could comfortably accommodate 4,000 supporters in some of the club’s most expensive seats while maintaining social distancing and adhering to coronavirus regulations.

Tottenham are thought to have about 9,000 corporate or hospitality members and it is currently unclear how, if they received permission, the club would select who could attend the game. It is also unclear whether or not anybody who was selected for one of the 4,000 places would be entitled to a refund if they could not attend or did not want to.

If Tottenham get the green light the move could anger sections of their fans if the seats are not made open to all of the season ticket holders via a ballot.

Levy is understood to feel that opening up some of the most expensive seats, in which social distancing is thought to be easier to control, would act as the perfect trial for getting fans back inside games.

Tottenham have been hit hard by the financial impact of coronavirus and it is thought that by allowing opening 4,000 of the most expensive seats the club could make around £1.5million.

A seat in an executive box or the private members ‘H Club’ can cost £800 a game, with the cheapest hospitality seat thought to be around £250 a match without food or drink.

Levy also hopes to use one of Tottenham’s early Premier League games as a test event to accommodate 31,000 supporters inside the club’s 62,000 stadium, which cost more than £1 billion to build.

I really despise how this has become so political. And the lack of integrity in the conversation is driven by the ineptness and intellectual bankruptcy of this government. They have the most incoherent comms strategy one could imagine.
Yet they're learning at the same pace of everyone else.

Different issue. Learning and adapting as the science evolves is fine. Creating an environment of trust and competence is where they have failed. As somebody who is a leader in their work you cannot honestly defend these my tits?

I will defend your tits all day long honey.

The government or rather Boris is not working hard enough. I dont buy the he was sick thing either. Im older then him with a very serious underlying illness and I recovered. He is just a lazy taco. Hope he sorts Brexit as i back that 100% but then he should fcuk off.

I will defend your tits all day long honey.

The government or rather Boris is not working hard enough. I dont buy the he was sick thing either. Im older then him with a very serious underlying illness and I recovered. He is just a lazy taco. Hope he sorts Brexit as i back that 400% but then he should fcuk off.

I have just had to try and work out where my tits came in to this and have seen it lol!!!

Different issue. Learning and adapting as the science evolves is fine. Creating an environment of trust and competence is where they have failed. As somebody who is a leader in their work you cannot honestly defend these my tits?
I think they've done an OK job of communicating what they know. They just don't have all the answers until Captain Hindsight tells them at PMQs.

I think it could have been better, but it's worth bearing in mind that much of what the govt does goes through the civil service. Not only will they be politically opposed to a Conservative government but they will also be entirely useless at anything they do try.

I think they've done an OK job of communicating what they know. They just don't have all the answers until Captain Hindsight tells them at PMQs.

I think it could have been better, but it's worth bearing in mind that much of what the govt does goes through the civil service. Not only will they be politically opposed to a Conservative government but they will also be entirely useless at anything they do try.

I won't argue to the cometence of the civil service as I agree it needs ripping apart and rebuilding. But I am not sure policy mistakes are the civil services fault.

Back