• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

whilst understanding the errors they clearly made in care homes.

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-whi...s-spike-1521626#click=https://t.co/nNalzcrLrd

Yeh and its not to downplay the errors but there is not one nation that will not make an error. I used this term the other day but I saw it on the news, we can strive to look for perfection but in a pandemic sometimes a bad decision is the only decision to make. Not attributing this to carehomes just a term I liked.

If there was a prefect way of dealing with this pandemic it would have never left patient 1 in the first place, fact is, we learn as we go with the virus.

Yeh and its not to downplay the errors but there is not one nation that will not make an error. I used this term the other day but I saw it on the news, we can strive to look for perfection but in a pandemic sometimes a bad decision is the only decision to make. Not attributing this to carehomes just a term I liked.

If there was a prefect way of dealing with this pandemic it would have never left patient 1 in the first place, fact is, we learn as we go with the virus.
Still, good excuse to dig at the government and confirm one's bias.

Get ready for the second wave UK... you'll be locked down again by the end of September. I wondered how Covid was being managed with the pubs, beaches etc all looking relatively normal while we sit locked down in Melbourne for weeks, months with a fraction of the case you’re having. Over 1000 new cases a day, the death rate is about to climb rapidly IMO.

Get ready for the second wave UK... you'll be locked down again by the end of September. I wondered how Covid was being managed with the pubs, beaches etc all looking relatively normal while we sit locked down in Melbourne for weeks, months with a fraction of the case you’re having. Over 1000 new cases a day, the death rate is about to climb rapidly IMO.
Our weak ones went already. I suspect it will spread a bit but without the deaths here.

Australia and NZ still have it all to come. Better lock up those sheep and keep them safe.

Our weak ones went already. I suspect it will spread a bit but without the deaths here.

Australia and NZ still have it all to come. Better lock up those sheep and keep them safe.

This makes the assumption that it has spread through a large percentage of our society. All indications are that it hasn't.

I'm pretty sure there will be a second wave some time in the autumn/winter. Hot weather doesn't kill the virus, but it seems to thrive and become more potent in the cold.

I hope I'm wrong. But from what i have read, and understood, I dont think i am.

Another “just you wait!!!” Warning.

Johnson will be toast in his own party if he locks down again.

personally think he’s a dead man walking already.

This makes the assumption that it has spread through a large percentage of our society. All indications are that it hasn't.

I'm pretty sure there will be a second wave some time in the autumn/winter. Hot weather doesn't kill the virus, but it seems to thrive and become more potent in the cold.

The evidence is reasonably strong that it was in Europe in the last few months of 2019.

So it's either not very contagious it not very deadly as it can't be all three. Add in the strong suggestion that a number of people are being found with some form of immunity without having had it and we're getting there.

It's a simple one now for the govt though as the decision is the same either way. If it's not as bad as the panic mongers claim (it's not) then there's no need to lock down. If it is, we can't afford to lock down anyway.

I don't really know how you tell, I don't fully understand the antibody tests but if I had it and was asymptomaic then would I always have detecable levels of antibodies that would come up in those tests. Is it that I develop antibodies so quickly that I never get any symptons or maybe I already have some form of cross immunity from another virus like the common cold in which case I might not develop any antibodies that would be detectable in a test.

We'll probably never know exactly but for instance I've still seen no explanation for that Princes Diamong cruise ship and why 80% of people on board in the same conditions didn't get infected, lots of people say they already had immunity from elsewhere but there's no real credible explanation I've seen.

There's a few outliers who go with the cross immunity from the common cold thing like - https://reaction.life/we-may-already-have-herd-immunity-an-interview-with-professor-sunetra-gupta/

The evidence is reasonably strong that it was in Europe in the last few months of 2019.

So it's either not very contagious it not very deadly as it can't be all three. Add in the strong suggestion that a number of people are being found with some form of immunity without having had it and we're getting there.

It's a simple one now for the govt though as the decision is the same either way. If it's not as bad as the panic mongers claim (it's not) then there's no need to lock down. If it is, we can't afford to lock down anyway.

I don't really know how you tell, I don't fully understand the antibody tests but if I had it and was asymptomaic then would I always have detecable levels of antibodies that would come up in those tests. Is it that I develop antibodies so quickly that I never get any symptons or maybe I already have some form of cross immunity from another virus like the common cold in which case I might not develop any antibodies that would be detectable in a test.

We'll probably never know exactly but for instance I've still seen no explanation for that Princes Diamong cruise ship and why 80% of people on board in the same conditions didn't get infected, lots of people say they already had immunity from elsewhere but there's no real credible explanation I've seen.

There's a few outliers who go with the cross immunity from the common cold thing like - https://reaction.life/we-may-already-have-herd-immunity-an-interview-with-professor-sunetra-gupta/

The immunity through other viruses is definitely something that I'm hoping is True, and there is some evidence to say that it very well might be.

And the USA as well

this is of course spot on, it was clear as soon as they found samples in Europe from Oct it wasn’t as deadly as made out or as contagious, as you say it can’t be both as it would have been going around 2/3 months unchecked.

problem is we now have Govs doubling down on mistakes with no end in sight.

Back