• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Add Heathrow to the list of people asking wtf the gov are doing.

all ready to roll out testing on arrival and the gov are ignoring them

I thought it takes a few days for the virus to show up in tests e.g. I catch it today, fly home on Friday and test ngative. Then go on a bender on Friday and Saturday and potentially infect loads of others. Get symptons on Monday, test positive on Tuesday.

I thought it takes a few days for the virus to show up in tests e.g. I catch it today, fly home on Friday and test ngative. Then go on a bender on Friday and Saturday and potentially infect loads of others. Get symptons on Monday, test positive on Tuesday.

test on arrival and test 5 days later is the plan

Makes sense but lots of other people say it takes longer than 5 days to get symptons and test positive. Are we also then not wasting valuable testing capacity on people who have gone on holiday? I'd rather it was used for mass testing of people in the UK to catch the increasing numbers of asymptomatic cases.

The level of testing needed in those numbers to get society back would be insane

W
Makes sense but lots of other people say it takes longer than 5 days to get symptons and test positive. Are we also then not wasting valuable testing capacity on people who have gone on holiday? I'd rather it was used for mass testing of people in the UK to catch the increasing numbers of asymptomatic cases.
We are only using 50-70 percent of tasting capacity a day.

plus it’s a private company that tests

also, we need trade to get going and it’s for people coming in and spending money as well, London is on its ass

I’m sorry for the old folks. This has all been about them until now, but we have lost this battle against covid, and we should not now further blight the lives of the youth unless for their benefit.

That is the bottom line.

I’m sorry for the old folks. This has all been about them until now, but we have lost this battle against covid, and we should not now further blight the lives of the youth unless for their benefit.

That is the bottom line.

But the last recession, we totally needed to protect the bankers and the very well off which lead to a decade of austerity??

Protecting them is ok, but those that have worked all their lives paid tax and now in their retirement and want to enjoy a few years before they go off in to the great unknown, NO we can't possibly take the pain of that. They must fall on their swords for the greater good. f uck that. And I say this as someone who has two businesses that have been impacted by Covid, one of which has completely fallen a cliff, I have lost more than half of my income.

Last edited:

That is the bottom line.

It’s not that simple. Let this virus run rampant through the winter and the health service will almost certainly be overwhelmed. Once that happens, you’ll have plenty of people of all ages dying before their time.

You may also want to read some of the many articles emerging on long covid - people of all ages affected by lots of wide-ranging and life-limiting symptoms months after ‘recovering’ from the virus.

Very effective therapeutics or a vaccine really are the only way out, imo. Until people lose the fear the economy is going nowhere fast.

That is the bottom line.

with the way the world decided to fight this (minus a few countries ) it was always going to be a heavy loss.

It’s not that simple. Let this virus run rampant through the winter and the health service will almost certainly be overwhelmed. Once that happens, you’ll have plenty of people of all ages dying before their time.

You may also want to read some of the many articles emerging on long covid - people of all ages affected by lots of wide-ranging and life-limiting symptoms months after ‘recovering’ from the virus.

Very effective therapeutics or a vaccine really are the only way out, imo. Until people lose the fear the economy is going nowhere fast.

It’s not sensible waiting for a vaccine. I have volunteered for the trials though.

I have no kids and two elderly parents. Neither of them have fared well physically nor mentally in the last few months and will be knocking on the door of the nhs anyway.

We can’t win.

But the last recession, we totally needed to protect the bankers and the very well off which lead to a decade of austerity??

Protecting them is ok, but those that have worked all their lives paid tax and now in their retirement and want to enjoy a few years before they go off in to the great unknown, NO we can't possibly take the pain of that. They must fall on their swords for the greater good. f uck that. And I say this as someone who has two businesses that have been impacted by Covid, one of which has completely fallen a cliff, I have lost more than half of my income.

The elderly will have to stay couped up with more stringent conditions applicable than the rest of the population- it’s the exact opposite of what you are thinking.

And in respect of bailing out the banks. I have no idea what this has to do with a proposal that we manage of our approach to the pandemic with the impact on the lives of younger people as a high priority.

Last edited:

Austerity is already going to look like a walk in the park compared to the debt we are racking up -

Back