• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

maybe, but schools should have been back in sept and we still don’t have a proper plan

In other news and can add this to NZ and Australia

The plans to access how the virus goes no? That's determining every decision globally. Theywant to get schools back from what I can see but does anyone know the landscape for next month ?????

The plans to access how the virus goes no? That's determining every decision globally. Theywant to get schools back from what I can see but does anyone know the landscape for next month ?????

Schools are meant to be opening in 2/3 weeks - I know a few teachers and they have no guidance/or plans of how to open up

Schools are meant to be opening in 2/3 weeks - I know a few teachers and they have no guidance/or plans of how to open up

I'm sure that's the only reason Gavin Williamson hasn't gone yet. They know the return to school is likely to be another debacle anyway, so might as well keep him on for now and let him go under on that one rather than bring in someone new.

My friend is also a teacher and they have had a plan since July. The meant to be starting 2/3 weeks is based on a normal year, the government hasn't said that is the new date to return. My mates school has the plan in place and the school are trained on it based on the July plan, once the government give the nod they will go back under that plan unless the plan changes. But they are COVID proofed as per current standards.

So Ireland are going back into a lock down for 250 cases in 5 days.

seeing reports of police being able to enter houses without warrants as well?

the harder the lockdown the harder the regression.

still look at the data, deaths/hospitalisations still falling

There's some funny business going on with the data, France say there's around 7,000 people in hospital and the UK say there's about 1,000 yet look at the difference in death rates for instance.

Actually, I'd say they started with the correct response.

They moved to the wrong decision when the press and the public went into full retread mode over Professor fudgewit's Doomsday Machine and it's ridiculous predictions.

I can only think of one PM in living memory that would have had the nerve to stand up to that kind of pressure and hold her nerve.

Worst toss ever. But yeah she would have smiled while the old people died.

My friend is also a teacher and they have had a plan since July. The meant to be starting 2/3 weeks is based on a normal year, the government hasn't said that is the new date to return. My mates school has the plan in place and the school are trained on it based on the July plan, once the government give the nod they will go back under that plan unless the plan changes. But they are COVID proofed as per current standards.

There is very little advice from government. Decisions are largely left to individual schools. The only centrally generated idea is ‘bubbles’ - and that is a load of unworkable b.ollocks.

My own feeling is that - very unfortunately - an awful lot of schools will be closed again by mid - late October, once a covid assisted flu season kicks in. There really isn’t a clear way out of this without excellent therapeutic treatments or a vaccine.

So could somebody far more in the know explain how this is happening ??

Record Rally
Get your head around this: Amid the economic and health carnage of a raging pandemic, the S&P 500 Index closed at a record Tuesday.
The U.S. market has rallied ferociously from the March lows thanks to a surge in shares of the largest technology companies, and it's getting to the point where it's impossible to be bearish.
The latest leg has been helped by the perception that some indicators of the outbreak -- daily case counts, positive test rates and hospitalizations -- look to be improving in the U.S. Markets elsewhere have been far less buoyant.
European equities are stuck near the same levels they were at two months ago, and if strategists are to be believed, that rut may drag on into the year-end.

So could somebody far more in the know explain how this is happening ??

Record Rally
Get your head around this: Amid the economic and health carnage of a raging pandemic, the S&P 500 Index closed at a record Tuesday.
The U.S. market has rallied ferociously from the March lows thanks to a surge in shares of the largest technology companies, and it's getting to the point where it's impossible to be bearish.
The latest leg has been helped by the perception that some indicators of the outbreak -- daily case counts, positive test rates and hospitalizations -- look to be improving in the U.S. Markets elsewhere have been far less buoyant.
European equities are stuck near the same levels they were at two months ago, and if strategists are to be believed, that rut may drag on into the year-end.

I am open to correction on this, and would welcome it actually, but I think the Federal Reserve is being (polite) free-wheeling (blunt) reckless with their recession-fire-fighting tactics. Let's see what it looks like in Jan 2021. Let's hope I am wrong when I say that there will likely have been something of a rude correction. Again, hope I'm wrong and that a greater financial expert/mind than mine can offer more complete and accurate analysis and prognosis...

Reactions: DTA
Add Heathrow to the list of people asking wtf the gov are doing.

all ready to roll out testing on arrival and the gov are ignoring them

Back