• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I just can't believe people think this government is any good. Compare this to when Cameron was in charge. Absolute brick show. So many U-Turns, back tracks etc. The incompetence is staggering.

Has anyone actually said that? It's worth remembering that the alternative was Jeremy Corbyn.

@scaramanga

Seems your position is vindicated based on the French info

This makes one ask many questions....
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-h...d-19-was-there-in-december-2019-idUKKBN23Q1J9

A bit more fleshed out.

A few of the French and Italian competitors in the World Military Games held in Wuhan in October claim they had the common symptoms on their return. Although it's lots of small and inconclusive reports, they do all seem to point the same way.

yeh they said in France too they re-checked someone who died of pneumonia in Dec and he did have COVID.

Should bear in mind that early days of COVID showed similar symptoms to Flu/Pneumonia during a winter season in norther hemisphere, so the initial cases would have been diagnosed as such. It's only as more and more numbers kick on that people stop and say hold on, something is happening here.

You will never address an unknown pandemic immediately until the cases shoot up.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-h...d-19-was-there-in-december-2019-idUKKBN23Q1J9

A bit more fleshed out.

A few of the French and Italian competitors in the World Military Games held in Wuhan in October claim they had the common symptoms on their return. Although it's lots of small and inconclusive reports, they do all seem to point the same way.

Incredibly significant. Has there been any re-modelling done with the idea that we are now coming out of peak 2?

Also in terms of the small reports, if many isolated reports in the same areas occur, any half decent analyst will start to build trend analysis based on that. I am gonna do some hunting!

I was thinking, surely blood bank donations have continued thru the whole virus period.....couldn't they have tested these as soon as the virus was prevalent? Or do donations get used quite quickly so there wouldn't be many dated back very far?

It is a good question. We should be looking at any opportunity to check people who were hospitalised end of last year with a virus, and to see if they have had the disease or if we have any samples from that period.

Reactions: DTA
Has anyone tried to get money off an airline due to this virus.
Suppose to fly to Florence tomorrow (Wales we’re suppose to play Italy on Sunday Euro 2020)
Can’t fly but trying to get in contact with Lufthansa,phone numbers are dead,email link doesn’t work,crazy customer support,brick in fact.

Has anyone tried to get money off an airline due to this virus.
Suppose to fly to Florence tomorrow (Wales we’re suppose to play Italy on Sunday Euro 2020)
Can’t fly but trying to get in contact with Lufthansa,phone numbers are dead,email link doesn’t work,crazy customer support,brick in fact.
Anybody would think they are doing it on purpose eh !!

I've been trying to talk to HMRC for 3 months to find out if I owe them a tax underpayment or not, no joy at all

Probably would have done a better job and got a lot more zhit for it!

Unfortunately he failed at several hurdles before he got the chance to play at being Prime Minister. If he can’t win an election in a one party race when the opposition was in disarray I’m not sure that’s enough evidence to suggest he can handle global issues.

Well how could he succeed as PM, when the likes of you were blaming him for the state of the country when he was in opposition? What a laugh you Tories are.

None of that was his fault

Hi fault was being unable to mobilise and keep his own party in order. The Anti Semitism stuff regardless if me or you agree was true definitely divided the party and then caused lack of trust in the party from its own supporters.

His weird alliance with Venezuela was odd and again caused people to raise eyebrows.

And then his dithering over if supported Brexit or not killed his faith with remain Labour and people deflected to Lib Dem’s.

Those problems mean he didn’t even get close to Number 10. When you look back he was never close, terrible record.

Rebuilding the Labour Party is going to take some doing

Last edited:
Back