• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Well how could he succeed as PM, when the likes of you were blaming him for the state of the country when he was in opposition? What a laugh you Tories are.

I honestly liked him. Was so close to voting for him had he not back tracked on the EU.

He would have done a far better job then Johnson has done. He would have turned up for meetings for one thing.

Can’t believe anyone would have been stupid enough to believe the government figures but, just in case...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nplaying-covid-19-peak?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Pretty poor journalism on the Guardian's part. The government can't report numbers before they have been collected.

The government daily numbers have been deaths report in the previous 24 hours, initially just hospital deaths and later including care homes, etc. Typically only a few of the deaths reported each day occurred on the day in question, most came a few days earlier and some from weeks and even more than a month before.

The new numbers the Guardian are now trumpeting are different. These are for deaths occurring on a particular day, but these deaths are reported in the days, weeks and even months following the death. They can only be collated after the event. It is impossible to report them a month before the numbers have been collated. You'd think a journalist at the Guardian could comprehend this or that an editor would intervene.

One consequence of this, is that the daily deaths number lag the actual death curve during the rise, but then the tail is extended as they catch up on the late reported deaths. Only afterwards can they present the more appropriate curve. But they have a choice, report the deaths as reported, so we get an indication of the trends, or wait a month until the data has been collated and leave us in the dark.

Pretty poor journalism on the Guardian's part. The government can't report numbers before they have been collected.

The government daily numbers have been deaths report in the previous 24 hours, initially just hospital deaths and later including care homes, etc. Typically only a few of the deaths reported each day occurred on the day in question, most came a few days earlier and some from weeks and even more than a month before.

The new numbers the Guardian are now trumpeting are different. These are for deaths occurring on a particular day, but these deaths are reported in the days, weeks and even months following the death. They can only be collated after the event. It is impossible to report them a month before the numbers have been collated. You'd think a journalist at the Guardian could comprehend this or that an editor would intervene.

One consequence of this, is that the daily deaths number lag the actual death curve during the rise, but then the tail is extended as they catch up on the late reported deaths. Only afterwards can they present the more appropriate curve. But they have a choice, report the deaths as reported, so we get an indication of the trends, or wait a month until the data has been collated and leave us in the dark.
Indeed, a 3 day delay for the Guardian to write an article based upon the figures released by ONS on Tuesday...

I think you need to read the article - particularly paragraph four.

I honestly liked him. Was so close to voting for him had he not back tracked on the EU.

He would have done a far better job then Johnson has done. He would have turned up for meetings for one thing.

Even his staunchest supporters bailed to the Lib Dem’s because of his Stance on Brexit

Genuinely believe Corbyn is a good man (and no, i dont believe him to be racist or anti-semitic in any way, however he failed miserably and getting to grip with the issue under Labour).

However, Labour didn't learn the lessons from Ed vs David. David polled far higher with the general population than Ed, and Labour chose Ed. What happened? He couldn't command any decent view with the people. Just as Jeremy was the same. Labour backed the wrong horse.

However, as evidenced on this forum and social media generally, politics is soooooo polarised now (because of things like social media enforcing people to stay in their bubble), the centre ground has diminished massively. And that's a worry.

Genuinely believe Corbyn is a good man (and no, i dont believe him to be racist or anti-semitic in any way, however he failed miserably and getting to grip with the issue under Labour).

However, Labour didn't learn the lessons from Ed vs David. David polled far higher with the general population than Ed, and Labour chose Ed. What happened? He couldn't command any decent view with the people. Just as Jeremy was the same. Labour backed the wrong horse.

However, as evidenced on this forum and social media generally, politics is soooooo polarised now (because of things like social media enforcing people to stay in their bubble), the centre ground has diminished massively. And that's a worry.

There was a point I remember vividly that was the end of my support and that was tuning in for the Labour conference and the over use of the word comrades (more than what I saw on Chernobyl) and the constant waving of the Palestinian flag. For me there was no clear way being demonstrated by the party and the flag waving was odd regardless of their support for them. They should have been concentrating on their plans to topple the Conservatives not Israel.

Ultimately he was a good guy like your grandad but he also had quirks like your grandad might and ultimately he broke bread with more dictators, despots and despicable groups than Trump.

Last edited:

Kier will walk the next election. Depending on issues surrounding the EU i will vote for him.

Dont believe the conservatives to be evil like some but it is far to long for one party to be in power.

Would like to see fresh focus on moving the country to be completely reliant on renewable energy.

Kier will walk the next election. Depending on issues surrounding the EU i will vote for him.

Dont believe the conservatives to be evil like some but it is far to long for one party to be in power.

Would like to see fresh focus on moving the country to be completely reliant on renewable energy.
More than anything he's already taking up the centre ground.

That's what politics in this country has been crying out for - anyone able to do that and not fudge up massively will walk it.

More than anything he's already taking up the centre ground.

That's what politics in this country has been crying out for - anyone able to do that and not fudge up massively will walk it.

Safest bet going at the moment. Dont even see how Boris expects to keep the new northern voters.

Feel we need to find out more about Kier and his vision for the future, but the guy has 4 years to thrash it out.

It feels like 1995 to me again where it has moved from the far left comedians to mainstream media have a go at the conservative government who though a bit crsp are not as evil as being made out.

Labour landslide coming up in 2024.

Safest bet going at the moment. Dont even see how Boris expects to keep the new northern voters.

Feel we need to find out more about Kier and his vision for the future, but the guy has 4 years to thrash it out.

It feels like 1995 to me again where it has moved from the far left comedians to mainstream media have a go at the conservative government who though a bit crsp are not as evil as being made out.

Labour landslide coming up in 2024.
His only weak point so far is that he let the unions make his calls for him early on.

Shades of Kinnock there.

Back