• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

This is why public confidence in our institutions are in free fall. There was a time when there were standards for those in public life. Clearly that is not the case now, see Johnson and Trump. So, this is why politicians are meant to be held to higher standards than footballers, and rightly so. Of course they would be if they were Labour!

Sorry mate but that is rubbish, i go back a long way and its been decades since there was honesty in politics.

Sorry mate but that is rubbish, i go back a long way and its been decades since there was honesty in politics.

Just pitched up for a rest on my walk, lovely out there.

The issue is that a lot of the calls for resignation are based on the belief that Cummings lies and that politicians can’t be trusted. I agree with you that it’s been a long time since you could trust politicians however you can’t base punishment on a belief, it has to be based on facts.

So as much as a bunch of Spurs fans might call liar an opinion isn’t enough to condemn someone. Thankfully or life would be carnage

Just pitched up for a rest on my walk, lovely out there.

The issue is that a lot of the calls for resignation are based on the belief that Cummings lies and that politicians can’t be trusted. I agree with you that it’s been a long time since you could trust politicians however you can’t base punishment on a belief, it has to be based on facts.

So as much as a bunch of Spurs fans might call liar an opinion isn’t enough to condemn someone. Thankfully or life would be carnage

Do not disagree at all, what really bothers me is that we are another 24 hours on and folks are still foaming at the mouth about this instead of the real problem. Said it yesterday maybe they should sack him ( personally i do not think he should be). Then the folks in power can get on and try to solve the carnage that Covid has caused, instead they are all answering ( stupid) questions from the press/media.

Do not disagree at all, what really bothers me is that we are another 24 hours on and folks are still foaming at the mouth about this instead of the real problem. Said it yesterday maybe they should sack him ( personally i do not think he should be). Then the folks in power can get on and try to solve the carnage that Covid has caused, instead they are all answering ( stupid) questions from the press/media.

Would everyone doing what Cummings did be a problem enough for you? He's legitimized anyone who wants to take the tinkle. And he has not shown even a hint of contrition. Maybe that will change in 5 mins...

I don’t think it’s sackable

I think the last part is what I hate about politics more then anything and where aside from the Anti Semitism I couldn’t continue to vote for Corbyn because politics was more a game of point scoring rather than rational contributions that detract from the running of the country.

It’s why I honestly would like to see another form of politics which is more inclusive than what we have now and Some major decisions are made cross party or with major consideration of views. Reason being that it would put everyone’s money where their mouths are for the greater good rather than arguing black is white because the opposition say otherwise

Almost no contrition. Only that he understands people's indignation. Edit: actually people's indignation wasn't caused by his actions, but by the media.

His story is a load of nonsense. None of this should have happened. Boris should have looked strong, ensured Cummings paid his fine. Told him off in the media and moved on.

Now...well they are showing themselves up as being barely competent.

Last edited:
He followed the rules to the letter, the media keep reporting one rule for him one for others without listening to his explanation and making up their own rhetoric. It’s all about boring now

This bird who looks like Ruby Wax is an idiot

Almost no contrition. Only that he understands people's indignation. Edit: actually people's indignation wasn't caused by his actions, but by the media.

His story is a load of nonsense. None of this should have happened. Boris should have looked strong, ensured Cummings paid his fine. Told him off in the media and moved on.

Now...well they are showing themselves up as being barely competent.
From what I’ve heard the press look the most incompetent again...
Their chasing a story like ambulance chasers
The issue is, Cummings is the smartest guy in the room and The people asking the questions are basically amoebas

The issue is, Cummings is the smartest guy in the room and The people asking the questions are basically amoebas

He's not as smart as he thinks he is (I predicted this defense some 10 pages back). If he was smart, he would show contrition. Show compassion to the thousands who have made sacrifices he did not. Instead he is showing his limitations.

Even when he quoted the rules they keep responding with him “breaking the rules” this is gutter journalism at best.

The arguments of quoting Jill and Dave from Wiltshire Because they haven’t seen their parents Hahahah laughable.

The press having a pop at him for protecting this family based on the belief that all politicians lie and he looked for a loop hole to go on a jolly just sits terribly for me.

He's not as smart as he thinks he is (I predicted this defense some 10 pages back). If he was smart, he would show contrition. Show compassion to the thousands who have made sacrifices he did not. Instead he is showing his limitations.
That’s entirely your thoughts
I disagree
The media in this country just love to gun for certain people
Typically it’s people who make their life hard
Look at who the biggest scumbag is in the media regularly.... it’s Piers Morgan yet some people think he is a hero because he is ambulance chasing COVID stories
Their generally scum IMO

He may have tested his eyesight by driving to Barnard Castle but it didn’t prevent this car crash.

I honestly thought his story was going to end with “...and they all lived happily ever after.” Is that the best they could come up with with 72 hours to prepare?

Now whether he has done right or wrong and who he is, this is ridiculous, pretty much a witch hunt.

Every journalist asking the same question and also suggesting towards rule breaks even though he was clear in his statement just shows they have no variation in their accusations.

People can bang the lying politician all they like but he is also a family man so no one can be 100% sure he wasn’t doing what he did for his family, I look within myself on these thug games rather than follow the noise and I would struggle so can empathise.

Ultimately it seems the only accusation the press has is that because a single mum with covid has to look after her child, means he should when he had a better potential solution is laughable also.

As for the one rule for one, one for others I’m sure an average Joe wouldn’t get hounded at home with the family and have to face this today. So the slate is clean as far as I’m concerned

Last edited:
That’s entirely your thoughts
I disagree
The media in this country just love to gun for certain people
Typically it’s people who make their life hard
Look at who the biggest scumbag is in the media regularly.... it’s Piers Morgan yet some people think he is a hero because he is ambulance chasing COVID stories
Their generally scum IMO

Which is laughable because if you go into other threads on this forum the press and their integrity are often questioned.

Funny how Piers Morgan is hell as a standard bearer where his journalism is widely regarded as the lowest of the low with the phone hacking.

Back