• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

That’s entirely your thoughts
I disagree
The media in this country just love to gun for certain people
Typically it’s people who make their life hard
Look at who the biggest scumbag is in the media regularly.... it’s Piers Morgan yet some people think he is a hero because he is ambulance chasing COVID stories
Their generally scum IMO

The media will always run and expose a story. Why would they not? There is nothing else to report on. They reported on the Scottish lady, and the science advisor who broke lockdown protocals.

People stayed at home and made sacrifices, he didn't. When he got caught, he couldn't even show some contrition or sympathy for those who didn't do what he did - drive the length of the country, and go for a stroll in his parent's private woods. He is part of an elite. He is from a class that does not believe that plebs rules apply to him. And he's not smart enough to fess up, and say sorry.

Last edited:
After that, I can say, what an idiot. I actually liked the guy before this. I respected his intelligence and liked his ability to shake things up. But now:

1. he is a civil servant. Technically he should not have the elected prime ministers No. 10 garden as his disposal to hold court.

2. He thinks he is above the law. Above the media. Above the people. And he is one of those people that no matter what they do, can not say sorry.

3. His intelligence is not as sound as it seems as he could have dealt with this by letting Borris look strong, dish out punishment, give him a little telling off in the media, and get on with the job. Instead, Cummings ego and reticence overpowered pragmatism.

Reactions: DTA
2. He thinks he is above the law. Above the media. Above the people. And he is one of those people that no matter what they do, can not say sorry.

he doesn’t he didn’t break any law, you can repeat it till it comes true but then again you can click your heels and shout theirs no place like home.

The media will always run and expose a story. Why would they not? There is nothing else to report on. They reported on the Scottish lady, and the science advisor who broke lockdown protocals.

People stayed at home and made sacrifices, he didn't. When he got caught, he couldn't even show some contrition or sympathy for those who didn't do what he did - drive the length of the country, and go for a stroll in his parent's private woods. He is part of an elite. He is from a class that does not believe that plebs rules apply to him. And he's not smart enough to fess up, and say sorry.
The media will always report a story
And then when they get it wrong try to get back over it as their caught out again...
Then they will spin it as their petrified of it biting them in the arse
And the people who did it will quietly get a kicking in their own ranks

I’ve seen it first hand and then apologise rarely match the story they create in both column inches or profile on the page

Im in favour of brexit so i will turn a blind eye to it. Which i think really is the heart of all this.
Actually what’s at the heart of this is they hate their being someone in government who isn’t a tard bending over for click bait
The civil service can’t control him either and they hate it
The old boys club is actually changing yet people can’t see it as we have sown posh guys still up front whilst people forget the old boys club includes the media and the civil service for a start...

And then when they get it wrong try to get back over it as their caught out again...

I’ve seen it first hand and then apologise rarely match the story they create in both column inches or profile on the page

My favourite was when the media questioned his wife writing for Spectator Like she had shot JR and he said “I don’t tell my wife what to do”

Just shut down what was looking like turning into another false storm

Actually what’s at the heart of this is they hate their being someone in government who isn’t a tard bending over for click bait
The civil service can’t control him either and they hate it
The old boys club is actually changing yet people can’t see it as we have sown posh guys still up front whilst people forget the old boys club includes the media and the civil service for a start...

For the first time in years government has governed and not sacked someone who doesn’t deserve to be because of media and public (some) out cry.

Bravo I say

I see the Coronavirus advice page has just been updated:

New symptom:

4. Affects eyesight. Be sure to drive 60 miles with a small child in car (preferably to a well-known beauty spot on your wife’s birthday) during recovery phase to test all is well.

Im in favour of brexit so i will turn a blind eye to it. Which i think really is the heart of all this.

There is no doubt that that is the proxy war. Cummings is associated with Brexit, and its clear those who support Brexit support him. And those who don't are more ambivalent. I took some time to watch a lecture he gave, when he was more under the radar. I was impressed with some of his ideas. But I came away with the feeling he was someone who will make a good case, but not deliver. And that will be the case for Brexit sadly. I like his (almost naive) belief in change, and shaking things up. I like that he doesn't accept the status quo. But his bo bo now, and how he dealt with it, is just a sign of his arrogance and inability. No one is perfect. And I am actually pleased he will stay in the job.

When his promises don't materialise we now know what he will do: blame others. It was the media, the EU, never me.

No doubt. But in this instance, he was caught, and there is a story. His wife and he wrote about having the virus, they left out the 300-mile journey to their second home funnily enough. In China and Russia politicians can get away with all sorts of more serious things, with no comeupance, because they own the media. I for one am pleased we have critical media, even if they are shallow, sensationalist etc. Careful what you wish for.

If my eyesight was iffy, as a nominee for parent of the year I'd also put my wife and child in the car and go for a test drive.

I'm surprised he's had a few days, and that's the best lie he could come up with.

Yes the trip to Barnard Castle is the killer and the excuse pathetic.

I think his decision to go and self-isolate at the family farm could just about make the reasonable doubt level. However, he kept talking about the exceptional circumstances he found himself in when he made the decision. His wife was sick, but he wasn't at the time or couldn't know he was. His exceptional circumstances were that he might get sick and that both he and his wife might be too sick to care for their child, a circumstance that didn't arise. Hypotheticals don't make exceptional circumstances. Barely credible, but maybe a poor decision for decent reasons. Then he moves on to the little jaunt to the castle. He wasn't sure he could see so jumped in a car to test his vision and took his wife and child allow to share any mishap.

Let’s get it straight people have the hump because he is rich and the perceived level of entitlement and elite.

He didn’t break any law so now it’s just about shouting as loud as possible in the hope he gets sacked, that’s why the media don’t actually point to any Rules or laws because there are none he broke, they just repeat the same

“people making sacrifices”

“you broke rules” (without pointing to any)

There is no doubt that that is the proxy war. Cummings is associated with Brexit, and its clear those who support Brexit support him. And those who don't are more ambivalent. I took some time to watch a lecture he gave, when he was more under the radar. I was impressed with some of his ideas. But I came away with the feeling he was someone who will make a good case, but not deliver. And that will be the case for Brexit sadly. I like his (almost naive) belief in change, and shaking things up. I like that he doesn't accept the status quo. But his bo bo now, and how he dealt with it, is just a sign of his arrogance and inability. No one is perfect. And I am actually pleased he will stay in the job.

When his promises don't materialise we now know what he will do: blame others. It was the media, the EU, never me.

No doubt. But in this instance, he was caught, and there is a story. His wife and he wrote about having the virus, they left out the 300-mile journey to their second home funnily enough. In China and Russia politicians can get away with all sorts of more serious things, with no comeupance, because they own the media. I for one am pleased we have critical media, even if they are shallow, sensationalist etc. Careful what you wish for.
Yeah theirs a balance I agree
Unfortunately we have media who build you up to know knock you down
Only here could someone like Piers Morgan still be employed after what he did for example
And also the other media here just get away with lies and spin, much much much More so than those they report on

Back