• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Actually what’s at the heart of this is they hate their being someone in government who isn’t a tard bending over for click bait
The civil service can’t control him either and they hate it
The old boys club is actually changing yet people can’t see it as we have sown posh guys still up front whilst people forget the old boys club includes the media and the civil service for a start...

Is what i was getting at.

You have to admire the front to deliver such a stream of codswallop on live TV.

Raises more questions than it answers, particularly the bit about loading his family into a car when he wasn’t sure whether he could see or not.

I was disappointed with his ‘performance’, I thought he was poor and has just made all this far bigger than it should have been. 3/10

There is no doubt that that is the proxy war. Cummings is associated with Brexit, and its clear those who support Brexit support him. And those who don't are more ambivalent. I took some time to watch a lecture he gave, when he was more under the radar. I was impressed with some of his ideas. But I came away with the feeling he was someone who will make a good case, but not deliver. And that will be the case for Brexit sadly. I like his (almost naive) belief in change, and shaking things up. I like that he doesn't accept the status quo. But his bo bo now, and how he dealt with it, is just a sign of his arrogance and inability. No one is perfect. And I am actually pleased he will stay in the job.

When his promises don't materialise we now know what he will do: blame others. It was the media, the EU, never me.

No doubt. But in this instance, he was caught, and there is a story. His wife and he wrote about having the virus, they left out the 300-mile journey to their second home funnily enough. In China and Russia politicians can get away with all sorts of more serious things, with no comeupance, because they own the media. I for one am pleased we have critical media, even if they are shallow, sensationalist etc. Careful what you wish for.

Mate it is clear a lot of the hate for the guy is also because he is Mr brexit. I was being provocative, im not wearing stockings though, to early.

The left and now twitter need someone to hate, always have. I need someonevto hate we all do it is a normal human emotion. I hate the EU.

I do feel we are in a new age. All the crap that gets thrown at Trump and it barely hurts his base. Doubt this will hurt Johnson in the long run.

Let’s get it straight people have the hump because he is rich and the perceived level of entitlement and elite.

He didn’t break any law so now it’s just about shouting as loud as possible in the hope he gets sacked, that’s why the media don’t actually point to any Rules or laws because there are none he broke, they just repeat the same

“people making sacrifices”

“you broke rules” (without pointing to any)

I have the hump because our government fell over themselves to lie for him.

Is what i was getting at.

I’ve heard it soo many times in my 9 months working to support the civil service... we can’t do that anymore cos of Cummings.. can we break up the deal into smaller chunks to get around it... how do we do the work then as we always subbed it to a consultancy... it’s tax payers money but he doesn’t know how we do it...

mall he did was bring in a basic rule that any commitment over £200k for professional services needed an extra check

it’s killed so many people who subbed out their job it’s comical

The old boys club is actually changing yet people can’t see it as we have sown posh guys still up front whilst people forget the old boys club includes the media and the civil service for a start...

Is it changing? We seem to have a lot of privately educated Oxbridge graduates running the show. A prime minster educated at Eaton and I doubt many of those currently in power went to a state school.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Is it changing? We seem to have a lot of privately educated Oxbridge graduates running the show. A prime minster educated at Eaton and I doubt many of those currently in power went to a state school.

It’s changing in other areas ... the areas that outstay a government
But it’s not changing with the media for example
As I said the old school phalanx are much much more than just some politicians

Even if we take as gospel that he drove up to Durham for the benefit of his child. Ok fair play family first.

The trip to the castle to check his eyesight... fudge off.

Anyone trying to defend that' needs to take a good hard look at themselves. Or admit they are doing so because they are politically aligned with him... Brexit right wing etc etc.

Even if we take as gospel that he drove up to Durham for the benefit of his child. Ok fair play family first.

The trip to the castle to check his eyesight... fudge off.

Anyone trying to defend that' needs to take a good hard look at themselves. Or admit they are doing so because they are politically aligned with him... Brexit right wing etc etc.
It was a very very odd thing

Reactions: DTA
I’ve heard it soo many times in my 9 months working to support the civil service... we can’t do that anymore cos of Cummings.. can we break up the deal into smaller chunks to get around it... how do we do the work then as we always subbed it to a consultancy... it’s tax payers money but he doesn’t know how we do it...

mall he did was bring in a basic rule that any commitment over £200k for professional services needed an extra check

it’s killed so many people who subbed out their job it’s comical

Also the lunch time drinkers who worked to rule and often boast about their cushy work lives.

Mate it is clear a lot of the hate for the guy is also because he is Mr brexit. I was being provocative, im not wearing stockings though, to early.

The left and now twitter need someone to hate, always have. I need someonevto hate we all do it is a normal human emotion. I hate the EU.

I do feel we are in a new age. All the crap that gets thrown at Trump and it barely hurts his base. Doubt this will hurt Johnson in the long run.

One of my issues with Cummings is he is a bit up his own arse about being this ‘new age’ actor. “I’m a disruptor” “I act like Silicon Valley” “I’m gonna shake it all up” etc.

Okay yes that is good. Take inspiration from new ways of working. Shake up politics - it needs it - but get over yourself. Don’t forget to do basic things well, to be decent and accountable, show humility when required and take account of realities and evidence (in brexits case). It’s like he’s so up himself about being disruptive that he forgets the simple things - like not breaching his own lockdown.

Today it was interesting how he looked like the man in charge. With Boris his project.

Last edited:

They were rightly pilloried in the press for it (well at least I read about the first two). The Kinnock one was certainly widely reported.
They broke the guidelines and were called out for it and admitted it and apologised.
However I don’t recall it being mentioned that they were showing symptoms of Coronavirus and had still travelled, potentially putting others at risk.
They were wrong to do what they did and deserved the approbation they received. I don’t think they dragged it out for weeks before responding though.

Whatever the reasoning for Cummings’ trip to Durham, his story about Baynard’s Castle is just ludicrous.
But all I want now is for the media to get back to questioning the government about their handling of the pandemic.

Back