• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coentrao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 31m
Tottenham have finally accepted a £93m + Fábio Coentrão bid from Real Madrid for Gareth Bale. (Source: Calciomercato)

Please. Be. True. We'll have one of the best left backs in the world.

Tottenham have finally accepted a £93m + Fábio Coentrão bid from Real Madrid for Gareth Bale. (Source: Calciomercato)

I would be very happy with that.. As long as we get at least Lamela or Willian

Shame we'd lose one of the best players in the world at the same time.
I'd love Coentrao, but not at the cost of losing Bale (if I could choose).

It includes Coentrao, not £93m and Coentrao.

The original source seems to be Di Marzio and he said he later clarified:

Bale-Real Madrid: Coentrao's valutation should be of 15£. So @realmadrid will buy #Bale for 93 and sell #Coentrao to @SpursOfficial for 15.

https://twitter.com/dimarzio

Could be various sources of course and all just speculation so not really important.

Interesting.

But Bale for Coentrao, Willian, Lamela + £33m is a hell of a deal.

I agree with that. And I would be very content with such a deal, if we lose Bale.
We'd be a much improved side overall, but without the extra edge that Bale gives us.

I'd still prefer it if we keep Bale with the current squad. We'd be outside title contenders, IMO. Without him, I doubt we'd get higher than third.

The original source seems to be Di Marzio and he said he later clarified:

https://twitter.com/dimarzio

Could be various sources of course and all just speculation so not really important.

i said that somewhere else....Bale to be sold for a world record 93 mill and then we buy Coentrao off them for 14 or 15 mill in a separate deal.

whichever way it is twisted, we sell Bale for a world record 93 mill pounds. Coentrao is not being thrown in as a make weight in any deal. We want Coentrao anyway and will pay for him separately I assume

Hmm...not sure I like that idea. Still want Gareth to stay, and 93 million + immediately paying them 15 million to take Coentrao totals up to about 78 million received for Bale, lower than the Ronaldo transfer fee. That I don't like: it allows the ****s to get the best of all possible worlds. Keep Ronny happy, and sign Bale for less than they signed Ronny. No, I want them to bleed.

93 million + Coentrao sounds fine to me. Put up or get lost.

Hmm...not sure I like that idea. Still want Gareth to stay, and 93 million + immediately paying them 15 million to take Coentrao totals up to about 78 million received for Bale, lower than the Ronaldo transfer fee. That I don't like: it allows the ****s to get the best of all possible worlds. Keep Ronny happy, and sign Bale for less than they signed Ronny. No, I want them to bleed.

that makes no sense....we get a world record fee for Bale and use some of it to get a top left back. What, even if we had the chance to sign lets say Ozil for 30 mill we shouldnt take it because it means we give them back a chunk of the Bale money?

Ronaldo is twice the product of Bale though and 78m is alot of money and we solve our LB problems

Its not 93m + coentrao
read the guys tweets

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 4h
Bale-Real Madrid: Coentrao's valutation should be of 15£. So @realmadrid will buy #Bale for 93 and sell #Coentrao to @SpursOfficial for 15.

So its £78m + Coentrao for Bale according to him.
I cant see that happening.

Its not 93m + coentrao
read the guys tweets

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 4h

So its £78m + Coentrao for Bale according to him.
I cant see that happening.

why not, what is the problem with that??? its 93 for Bale. Then we pay 15 for Coentrao. AVB wants a left back so we buy one from Real. Its perfect

Who's to say it's not £93m for Bale and they give us Coentrao valued @ 15m to wipe the debt they still owe us for Modric.

I'd still prefer it if we keep Bale with the current squad. We'd be outside title contenders, IMO. Without him, I doubt we'd get higher than third.

Without Willian? I disagree, Willian + Lamela + Contreo - Bale is way better than current squad + Bale.

If no Lamela and no Bale but the other two then id agree

Who's to say it's not £93m for Bale and they give us Coentrao valued @ 15m to wipe the debt they still owe us for Modric.

Who's to say? None of us knows for sure, that's about all we know for sure.

But after all that talk from Madrid about Bale being overpriced, I get the feeling they are unwilling (or unable) to pay that kind of cash. I know cash+player deals are actually very rare, but in this case - if we do sell Bale to them - I'd expect at least one player (maybe two) to move the other way. That way Madrid don't have to find that amount of cash, and Levy can still get his world record transfer fee.

Personally, the more I think about this, the more I think Bale would be fricking insane to go to Madrid this summer on a record fee... but that's a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back