• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coentrao

Status
Not open for further replies.
'who could play there'

Dempsey and siggy were both highly effective on the left last season. add lennon/townsend and you're at 4. add bale who can also play on the left or the right and it's 5.

I think we would have to agree to disagree regarding the term effective!!! IMO neither player is a wide player or a winger and would not have played here had Townsend been available. Hence why I think we signed Chadli as he is a winger who can play genuinely centrally

I agree with the earlier poster that AVB will look for width from the full backs hence why I think Coentrao could work

I think we would have to agree to disagree regarding the term effective!!! IMO neither player is a wide player or a winger and would not have played here had Townsend been available. Hence why I think we signed Chadli as he is a winger who can play genuinely centrally

I agree with the earlier poster that AVB will look for width from the full backs hence why I think Coentrao could work

If a goal/assist every two games isn't effective, for both Siggy and Dempsey, then i think your expectations are insane.

Townsend was available in the first half of the season, and he still wasn't played.

I agree we need a new winger if we want to become top four regulars. On the right.

Last edited:
If a goal/assist every two games isn't effective, for both Siggy and Dempsey, then i think your expectations are insane.

Townsend was available in the first half of the season, and he still wasn't played.

I agree we need a new winger if we want to become top four regulars. On the right.

I'm not anti either player. In fact as I said in the Dempsey thread a wile back he has scored more and assisted than a very expensive Belgian that Chelsea paid £32M for however neither of them are good wide players. There central players being out wide as we didn't have other options. We're going completely off topic here I know but Coentrao is a left sided attack minded player who can play anywhere down that's side. Dempsey and Siggy are goal scoring attackers who played there to full a gap not as first choice players. If we're plugin gaps with the Bale money then we may as well give up to be frank....

Something that I hated under Jol was the constant answer that player a can play in multiple positions and is therefore great. My answer is always they play in this expositions because there not good enough in the one!!!!

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Fabio Coentrao has been pulled out of Real Madrid's friendly against LA Galaxy w/ a muscle injury. Case of the Marca 'mystery' injury?

imo the width will come from the full backs....i dont see AVB asking his attackers to provide traditional width, thats why i think both Lennon and Townsend will pretty soon be made redundant

i'm with you on that.
however i think AVB will also have two distinctly different formations/gameplay next season.

imo the width will come from the full backs....i dont see AVB asking his attackers to provide traditional width, thats why i think both Lennon and Townsend will pretty soon be made redundant

Whilst I agree with you on Lennon I think that Townsend can work in a 4-3-3. The two wide men cannot be shy at getting in on goal and weighing in on that front, like Hulk did etc. Lennon loves to get wide and cross but is often reluctant to pull the trigger. Where as Townsend loves a shot, too much in fact. So I think Townsend can flourish in a 4-3-3.

Sorry if posted elsewhere. And no, no idea who this account is:

:("@RmadridInfo : Fabio Coentrao has agreed personal terms with Tottenham, he will earn €4M &sign a 4 year contract. Tottenham will pay €30M"

:("@RmadridInfo : Fabio Coentrao has agreed personal terms with Tottenham, he will earn €4M &sign a 4 year contract. Tottenham will pay €30M"

30m Euros is way over priced for a RM reserve. What did Real pay for him from Benfica?

Clearly someone in Spain doesn't know Tottenham very well at all, has seen what we spent on Soldado and has plugged in a similar fee for Coentrao. As much as I would love us to sign him it probably won't happen, certainly not for anywhere near 30m euros..

ah so they pay 30m euros for him. Then whilst he is there he drops out of the team and onto the bench, and on occasion out of the squad and they think he is still worth the same money? pah!

20m at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back