• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coentrao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to happen unless we sell them Bale.

This. I can't see us entering into any form of communication with Real Madrid whilst the Bale saga is ongoing. Can imagine a phone conversation like:

Levy: Hi, can we buy Coentrao please.

Perez: Sure, he'll cost you £13m.

Levy: Sounds good to me. Pop him on the next Easyjet flight to London and I'll post you a cheque.

Perez: Ok, will do. Whilst you're on, can we have a chat about Gare.....

Levy *click*

This. I can't see us entering into any form of communication with Real Madrid whilst the Bale saga is ongoing. Can imagine a phone conversation like:

Levy: Sounds good to me. Pop him on the next Easyjet flight to London and I'll post you a cheque.

Levy *click*

:ross:

Levy *click*

brilliant!

Looks a bit too lightweight to be a left back in the premier league.. at least Ekotto can put himself about a bit ;)

Personally I do not think he is a good enough defender

I have the same concern, but I have the same concern with Rose that AVB seems to prefer to Ekotto at the moment.

Someone said in another thread that with the midfielders we're bringing in we might get away with full backs that aren't great defensively. If AVB decides to up our pressing game a bit then pace and ability to defend one on one might be more important for our full backs than positioning and being able to fit into a traditional back 4 defending deeply. Might suit several of our full back options, at least Walker and Rose as well as Coentrao should we sign him.

If Ekotto really is on his way out, and he has basically not gotten on the pitch at pre-season at least so it looks likely then surely a new left back is on the way in?

I just cannot see us shipping out Ekotto and going for Rose as our first choice left back with Fryers/Naughton/Vertonghen as our other options out there. That would make me uncomfortable at least.

Coentrao might be the obvious option to bring in?

RM will want something in return eg contract that they can buy Bale for £83m if they choose to next summer. Something like that.

Think Coentrao will choose a club in the CL

Would be a great signing though, big upgrade on Ekotto and Rose.

Think Coentrao will choose a club in the CL

Would be a great signing though, big upgrade on Ekotto and Rose.

that is the common quote from him, but not heard him say that. Since he broke into the Benfica side he has not been at a side that is not consistently in the champions league. AVB has not history with him, and he may have been upset with how Mourinhio deployed him, mostly using Marcelo. So I would hope that gives us a leg up on the supposed interest from Chelski. I Think it would be very 50/50 for him to join us.

Defensively he is not brilliant, but he is a bit of a dirty player, and is tenacious so he never gives up. I think this would help him in the premier league. When he goes forward he is much like Bale, its all power and directnes. I think opposite Walker he would be perfect in team that has cover in the middle from the defensive midfielders.

personally im sick of the Bale stuff. If he want to go fine. So Madrid pay what we want and take him. And lets get on with building a better team out of the cash. Bale has not said he wants to go, be we all know he wants it. His silence is deafening. I personally dont want players at spurs who want to leave. He has said all along he wants to play abroad. So now is a good as time for him to go. Lets cash in and make our team amazing with the money.

80m plus coentrao. Buy Willian, Lamela and Osvaldo for 70m odd. Still have some left over to the other belgian Centre back. WE have cleared a lot of the high level wages off the books. So a good time for a splurge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back