• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I'm usually optimistic to a fault. Not afraid to be wrong in hoping for - loudly predicting - the best.

Not after today. Not until we lock up fourth or higher. A win today would have put everything in a positive setting but it was always going to be a tough game requiring committed efforts from everyone.

Instead, what we saw was a seriously heartless effort. No one prepared to win ugly. Guys playing tame, looking to go home handsome. James McLean had everyone on his side of the pitch running scared.

Players like Alderweireld or Rose who have been linked with transfers to boost their pay packets will only see this result as furthering their cause. Miss CL and we could easily see Eriksen leave, too.

And don't mention the allure of playing in our sexy, new stadium. That will take a very distant back seat to playing against - or with - Europe's elite in their own schwingy parks. If a top player that snubs Spurs is that interested in our sexy, new stadium, there's always summertime tours.

I'm going out to rake the garden now in the lovely Canadian spring weather. Might not be much grass left when I'm done. Might not be much rake left, either.

The table will look like this next Sunday morning. (Give or take a goal)

3rd Liverpool 37 72 +42
4th Tottenham 37 72 +36
5th Chelsea 37 72 +31

Leicester will be well up for the final day to pay us back for the 7-1 thrashing last season.

Today's game will be a template for frustrating us and they have better players to punish us on the break.

Still up to us, this. We should be good enough to win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Hopefully Liverpool can steal a point or three against Chelski tomorrow.

I didn't think we were terrible today, just lacked penetration. I don't think either Leicester or Saudi Sportswashing Machine will sit deep and defend for their lives like WBA did, we should have a big chance of winning both games. Of all the remaining four games after City, I think we all thought away to WBA was going to be the toughest. It's a blow to lose like that in injury time, but brick happens. The players can't dig a hole for themselves just yet, no need for that. Two more wins and we'll secure CL and all is forgotten, and we'll remember this as a good season, especially considering playing away all season.

I think we will still be ok

5 points clear with two games left, Chelsea game in hand being Liverpool.

I take that over where Chelsea are

Hey, if you'd offered me that at the start of a season playing nothing but away games. I'd have taken it enthusiastically.

After a promising run in CL and a nice surge up the PL table, our present circumstances and run of form spin it into a bit of a letdown. with worse looming. We're into that lethal despair-hope thing.

Back