• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Maybe, just maybe, Manure's loss makes Liverpool extra motivated, knowing second is still a possibility. Or maybe they will just roll over in preparation for the CL final.

Come on guys we don’t make this easy for ourselves do we. Chelsea know we will possibly crumble if they exert pressure on us.

Liverpool know this too and will have one eye on the CL in 3 weeks time. Chelsea are at home and I predict players will be rested.

Only one winner today methinks but I could be wrong but whenever we need a team to do us a favour it hardly happens and vice versa, if we need to win when the pressure is on it hardly ever happens (2 x away West Ham , Saudi Sportswashing Machine away games spring to mind).

Let’s see what happens come 6pm but I’m not holding out any hope of Liverpool helping us out.

Liverpool win is easily the best result for us now. Leaves us needing a draw to be very likely to get CL football considering our goal difference.
I honestly don’t think a Chelsea win is all that bad. Would put third back in our hands and a chance to right the wrongs of the West Brom game. I always thought of the remaining four games WBA away was the toughest and I still think we will get the results we need in our final two home games, even with Poch and co really not delivering as we have come to expect of late...

what a lot of hand wringing going on here, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are safe and on the beach, comfortable home win

Our players couldn't find the beach. They got relieved of their wallets by some schoolkids and had to walk home. Now they're all watching cartoons in their bedrooms.

I honestly don’t think a Chelsea win is all that bad. Would put third back in our hands and a chance to right the wrongs of the West Brom game. I always thought of the remaining four games WBA away was the toughest and I still think we will get the results we need in our final two home games, even with Poch and co really not delivering as we have come to expect of late...
West Brom were the only team we were playing with anything to play for so I agree with you

West Brom were the only team we were playing with anything to play for so I agree with you

conversely, there is a reason they have something to play for

I'd say watford would be the hardest as they have the strongest squad of the four

conclusion, S p u r s y

conversely, there is a reason they have something to play for

I'd say watford would be the hardest as they have the strongest squad of the four

conclusion, S p u r s y
West Brom actually have some good players and are having the new manager bounce. Watford was actually a hard game I agree,that was a very flattering 2-0 for us...

Liverpool win is easily the best result for us now. Leaves us needing a draw to be very likely to get CL football considering our goal difference.

Indeed.

One point from our last two games. One against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and one against a team that has been managed by Claude Puel. :rolleyes:

Luckily this time they are both 'at home'. Still, if anybody could f#ck it up, we all know who can.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leicester will return from their holidays tomorrow, you watch

Yes, other top teams also occasionally lose crunch games, even vs bottom placed teams. It happens. But Spurs are the only team that fudges up these kind of games CONSISTENTLY! That's what makes me angry. I can take losing a game, but it is this uncanny habit of fudging up every time there is something at stake that makes me angry, disappointed and incredibly frustrated.

It has improved slightly, just ever so slightly, with Poch, but it's still very much in the Spurs DNA. As good as this team is, I had hoped we got rid of it, but I guess we'll just have to live with it for eternity.

It's a wonder we've done so well these past few seasons while consistently fudging up so many times :rolleyes:
We have done good enough for top 4 the last couple of years. Nothing more. Lost 9 semi finals in a row, lost a sure 2nd place to Arsenal, lost to Juventus when in total control, and now lost to WBA when 3rd or even 2nd place was up to grabs, to instead be in a position that might put us 5th! These are only a few examples. Only Spurs.

Yes, other top teams also occasionally lose crunch games, even vs bottom placed teams. It happens. But Spurs are the only team that fudges up these kind of games CONSISTENTLY!

This simply isnt true. Out of the top 6, our record against the weaker teams is very good - its our record against other top teams, especially away from home, that isnt great. Liverpool have much more of an issue in terms of dropping points against weaker teams

Back