• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 22/23 - Round of 16: AC Milan

We should make that draw even easier for ourselves by nicking Evan Ndicka off Frankfurt - he's their best defender and is in the last year of his contract.

Get him, send Japh out on a loan or a permanent - get Daichi Kamada off them as well if we send Bryan out. Can' t imagine they would cost more than 30m for the pair of them given they are both on expiring contracts!

What's the away ticket allocation %? I think it's quite low - 5%?
If so, based on googling ground capacities, we're talking max ~2,500 for Frankfurt and Lisbon, and ~3,300 for Marseilles. Probably less available for us mere mortals once player families, sponsors etc. are dished out. Will just under 300 points be enough for any of these? Marseilles maybe. I'll miss the first one anyway due to holiday - sod's law that will most likely be the one I could have made. Need to hope we've qualified by the time of the third away fixture.
Honestly
I’d say your points would get your tickets for all of them as people don’t travel as much in Europe

We should make that draw even easier for ourselves by nicking Evan Ndicka off Frankfurt - he's their best defender and is in the last year of his contract.

Get him, send Japh out on a loan or a permanent - get Daichi Kamada off them as well if we send Bryan out. Can' t imagine they would cost more than 30m for the pair of them given they are both on expiring contracts!

FaXkdxDXwAEOeLh.jpeg

Fiiiine, get Ndicka and then get Dan James or some filler for the other HG slot, and we should be set. :p

Point is really to get Ndicka if we are shipping Japh out.

If tanganga and winks go. We're going to be 1 short unless we bring in a club trained player (edwards, madueke although he's injured). Don't think it's an issue, we can be one short r use an academy player.

But if we bring in 2 non hg players we'll have to decide who to leave out.

I fancy all 3 of those away days but will prioritise Lisbon > Marsielle > Frankfurt even though i went Benfica

Marseille for me, but I was in Lisbon only a couple of years back. Defo worth booking some time either side of the game to explore - food, beaches, sites in and around Marseille and Lisbon. Frankfurt is often mentioned as being quite a boring place. Fine for a game of football, but not sure you'd want to stay out much longer.

Great draw allround. Must aim to win the group.

Fiiiine, get Ndicka and then get Dan James or some filler for the other HG slot, and we should be set. :p

Point is really to get Ndicka if we are shipping Japh out.

If tanganga and winks go. We're going to be 1 short unless we bring in a club trained player (edwards, madueke although he's injured). Don't think it's an issue, we can be one short r use an academy player.

So we're replacing a Tanganga with a Ndicka.
Can't wait to hear that chant!

True, but as you mentioned, we can use an academy player for #1 (and honestly, I think we should - I tend to think squads larger than 23 senior pros are unwieldy).

Point taken on #2, which is why I don't mind if we go for Dan James or someone like that instead to replace Gil. But if Japh leaves, Ndicka is the best option on the market to both replace him and potentially replace Davies in the first team as well (while Lenglet is more of a Dier backup).

Do they do ticket packages? I had a season ticket a few years ago but with life being life I haven’t been able to go to any matches recently. So my loyalty points would be reset. I’d love to go to an away match so assume a package would be the only way.

We’ve supposedly got the easy group, but we know it won’t be so simple. Liverpools group looks just as easy to me. Frankfurt are a decent side, who knows with Marseille they’ll raise their game for the CL most likely.

Upside of the group is that often you get a giant who or more or less certain to qualify, meaning its 3 teams for 1 remaining spot

Here, its genuinely 4 teams for 2 spots.

Downside is that the Portuguese teams put a lot into European football, and for Frankfurt, they might not make CL for a while so could take it very seriously. Ditto Marseille

Upside of the group is that often you get a giant who or more or less certain to qualify, meaning its 3 teams for 1 remaining spot

Here, its genuinely 4 teams for 2 spots.

Downside is that the Portuguese teams put a lot into European football, and for Frankfurt, they might not make CL for a while so could take it very seriously. Ditto Marseille
In our group?
We are by far and away the best side in that group. We targeting the hardest league title in Europe. These teams are targeting getting back into Europe

Back