• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 22/23 - Round of 16: AC Milan

We’ve supposedly got the easy group, but we know it won’t be so simple. Liverpools group looks just as easy to me. Frankfurt are a decent side, who knows with Marseille they’ll raise their game for the CL most likely.
No they are not
They were when they focussed on the Europa
They have lost their best player now and will do well to finish mid table in germany

No they are not
They were when they focussed on the Europa
They have lost their best player now and will do well to finish mid table in germany

They will be well organised and we shouldn't underestimate them. But good to hear they are not as good anymore.

I was really hoping for one of the big guns, but it is what it is. At least we're playing teams that have to put equal focus on their leagues as the CL, as no game is guaranteed for them. Still a bit underwhelming. Really hope we get Juve and Bayern in the knockout stages. Unfinished business with those two.

Lovely draw. Conte and the players will have ZERO excuses if they don't make it through this group.

In fact, i should also say zero excuses if we don't finish top...

Was meant to be ironic as she almost always looks immense! And a spurs fan as you point out.

Any news on the dates? I swear they used to announce them on the same day as the draw?

Thank GHod for that. When you said she was average, that had me re-evaluating any woman I'd ever slept with. I'd barely reached "munter" level if she's average.

That she's a Spurs fan bumps her up a bit too.

Was meant to be ironic as she almost always looks immense! And a spurs fan as you point out.

Any news on the dates? I swear they used to announce them on the same day as the draw?

Phew!

Yes, it's odd about the dates. I suspect they are waiting for the other two Euro draws before they conform dates. I wonder if the compressed schedule means they will do more work to make sure you don't have teams arriving in close cities within a day of each other etc

Well that's the only logic i can come up with anyhow...

With 3 competitions now i think maybe they have to now coordinate more fixtures so as to avoid any potential flash points

Not sure who I fancy - we've kind of played all the other big 12 Super League clubs in the last decade, except Athletico (who are in our pot anyway).

So maybe something like: Frankfurt, Napoli and Marseille (the Chris Waddle derby) would be good. New teams to see, but good old fashioned classic clubs too.

Good shout from a post back in May. Two of our three group rivals picked. And two offer very nice travel possibilities.

Happy to see Sporting drawn instead of Napoli from Pot 3. Lisbon is a nice city to visit, especially in the fall - good food, wine and weather. Great red wines these days from the Lisboa region. Always enjoy the light Vinho Verde white wines in summer. Sightseeing? Pop round to see construction progress on Cristiano Ronaldo's controversial new suburban mansion.

Marseille? I'd build a decadent week's travel around that away game. The stadium is on my must-visit list just for the architecture and atmosphere. Interesting, colourful city frequented by writer Peter Mayle, who lovingly documented the quality food and drink on offer. Drive back and enjoy the beaches west of Montpelier before stopping in the Corbieres wine-making region. Some great value wines (Treviac, Vaugelas) coming out of there nowadays.

Frankfurt? I got nothing.

Wikipedia charms a reader with: "Frankfurt is a global hub for commerce, culture, education, tourism and transportation, and rated as an "alpha world city" according to GaWC. It is the site of many global and European corporate headquarters. In addition, Frankfurt Airport is the busiest in Germany, one of the busiest in both Europe and the world." OK.

Decent domed stadium (says a German friend, but parked out in the 'burbs off a motorway). In, out, no fcukin' about. Take 3 points and a bracing cold shower.

They were (for good reason) waiting for today's draw....I think they're saying it more complicated this season as all the group stages have to be done by the WC break-up.

Fair point. I hadn’t considered that. Although my point still stands about how long the draw process took. Shouldn’t take more than 10 mins. Everyone knows which teams are in it. Just tell us which group everyone is in.

Back