• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT Sport channels

Superhudd

Simon Davies
Read tonight that the new channels will £15, although those on BTBroadband will get for nothing. Can see me swapping to BT Broadband from sky broadband.

There's no way I'd give up Virgin's 50-100 mbs, but BT broadband costs less than the channels... So it looks like I'll be having 2 broadband connections... That or I'll just watch BT channels like I do ESPN. *Shrug.*

How is that youview thing getting on? If they add regular sky sports onto it then I'd probably switch though I would need sky atlantic as well. Have full sky package but never watch the other channels really.

Hmmmmmm.......................we're all Virgin'd up at home, including cable b-band at 60mb.

However, the wife has a BT line, including b-band, into her home office for home working. Wonder if we qualify this way?

Have BT got the same amount of games as ESPN had, or more?

And is it free to BT bb customers to watch online only or do you get access to a tv channel?

Have BT got the same amount of games as ESPN had, or more?

And is it free to BT bb customers to watch online only or do you get access to a tv channel?

Think they have more games but mre importantly have first choice games (ie the way it works is that each weekend, one company has first choice and the other second - ESPN always had second picks so had lower quality games whereas half of BT's are first pick games)

Those commentaries will be SO EXCITING!!

[video=youtube;uD-LjX_K9Cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uD-LjX_K9Cg#![/video]

:yawn:

Those commentaries will be SO EXCITING!!

[video=youtube;uD-LjX_K9Cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uD-LjX_K9Cg#![/video]

:yawn:

Right. So it all sounds great. BUT i have Sky already and added ESPN as an extra channel. Forgetting the internet which i have through talk talk anyway. If i was to get BT for my internet how do i then watch the channel on my Sky box? will i get access to the channel through sky? or would i need a BT box as well and so have to switch device?

I hear that when you start up you have to pay for a £300 box or something? so its not exactly free.

So to answer my own question a bit. It seems you can get the Channel through Sky for £12 or £15 for HD.

BUT.

What if I want to Switch my internet to BT but get the channel on my sky box instead of having to have 2 boxes? i hope that is possible. I was about to switch to BT for my internet anyway as Talk Talk are useless. I just dont want another box, but i would still be happy to pay the £15 a month as that would be cheaper than my current ESPN + Talk Talk internet combination.

My family was this close to leaving BT a few months ago and now we're over the moon we stayed. It may be a poor service, but at least we get this!

My family was this close to leaving BT a few months ago and now we're over the moon we stayed. It may be a poor service, but at least we get this!

They are all pretty bad. I was with BT, then sky and now Talk Talk. And Talk Talk is by far the worst.

So to answer my own question a bit. It seems you can get the Channel through Sky for £12 or £15 for HD.

BUT.

What if I want to Switch my internet to BT but get the channel on my sky box instead of having to have 2 boxes? i hope that is possible. I was about to switch to BT for my internet anyway as Talk Talk are useless. I just dont want another box, but i would still be happy to pay the £15 a month as that would be cheaper than my current ESPN + Talk Talk internet combination.

I'm on bt broadband, and they upgraded my line to infinity for 50p more a month yesterday.

I refuse to pay sky a single penny more of my money, for the rest of eternity. When my O2 broadband was sold to sky recently, I cancelled it immediately and went to BT who then offered me free bt sport. Which includes espn. Worked out nicely

What I'd really like to know is can I get this channel pack on my freesat receiver....

They are all pretty bad. I was with BT, then sky and now Talk Talk. And Talk Talk is by far the worst.

That's expected, I mean for £3 a month or whatever it is, I can't see them doing great. I'd expect Virgin to be by far the best, but that was too expensive for my family unless you go for the whole package, but we're too loyal to Sky TV to consider such a thing.

I think BT has the best perks though.

BT are really pushing fibre at the moment - to the point where a lot of their resources have been shifted to it. I left BT a long time ago because their bb service was terrible but I've had nothing but a good experience on fibre.

We are with Virgin Media, so according to that article we would have to switch provider...looks like I will be fishing on a regular basis next season

So BT are taking the Premier League games that ESPN have shown for the last few years. What happens to the rest of the football they show such as Serie A, Eredivisie and Bundesliga? Do ESPN still have the rights to those leagues?

So BT are taking the Premier League games that ESPN have shown for the last few years. What happens to the rest of the football they show such as Serie A, Eredivisie and Bundesliga? Do ESPN still have the rights to those leagues?

ESPN will be part of the BT Sports package, basically all the games you see now on ESPN you will see through BT who will still have an ESPN channel

Back