• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT Sport channels

they've got the cl/el rights from 2015-16 now, i wish they would just **** off, i much preferred it when sky had everything

'The contract, priced at £299m a season, is worth more than double the current arrangement, which could mean significantly more money for clubs in the two European competitions.'

Yay!, just what football needed. More money!

BT Sport has finalised a deal with Uefa to exclusively broadcast Champions League matches from 2015. An anticipated three-year agreement would also lead to the company showing Europa League fixtures.

BT Sport's deal is a significant blow to Sky and ITV, the existing rights holders. It also takes the tournament off free-to-air television for the first time, unless BT Sport follows its Premier League lead and made some matches available to non-subscribers.

BT Sport, who paid £738m to enter the football market this season by purchasing the rights to Premier League games, concluded the deal on Saturday morning with European football's governing body and has agreed to pay around £299 million a season for the rights to all 350 matches in the two UEFA competitions each season

Ridiculous.

Totally agree. Yes, its fine for those of us who have BT, but thats a million miles from the point. The fact it wont be available to those that dont have any satellite channels is absolutlely outrageous.
It was bad enough that ITV only got to show one game a week, now they wont have any, is a joke.

'The contract, priced at £299m a season, is worth more than double the current arrangement, which could mean significantly more money for clubs in the two European competitions.'

Yay!, just what football needed. More money!

Fans pay even more money, multi-millionnaire players receive even more money, domestic leagues become even more uncompetitive, and wealthy directors at BT become even more wealthy.

Yay indeed!

I think this is dangerous for football. Look at how taking away all terrestrial coverage pretty much killed off boxing and rugby league as popular sports.

Personally though I refuse to pay any subscription tv except my BBC licence. It's all internet or pub for me. It is nice to see Sky get a bloody nose though for the way they destroyed the game and because of Murdock.

I get all my footie from the internet unless it's available in the basic cable package I'm FORCED to pay for through my rent. I do NOT want all the other crap they bundle in with the football. If it was a pure football package and I knew I'd get to see every Spurs game, at least the Premier League ones, I MIGHT reconsider.

So two years to decide what to go about it, but one year before prices for new BT customers are likely increased, to pay for this, hmm

I think it is pretty immoral to steal intellectual property - music, movies, books etc. Those are the products of people's labour, jobs depend on payment for them and artistic endeavour deserves reward. So I really don't feel comfortable about not paying for that stuff.

Sport though, I feel not the slightest compunction in not paying for. First of all, who's job is at risk if BT or Sky don't get full payment from me? Meh, a tiny, tiny number of people in TV companies maybe. It's negligible. Do the sports suffer if I don't pay a sub? Hell no - all these sports are ridiculously rich already. In fact, if anything there is too much money and a little less coming in would make shag-all difference. The sports themselves will live on forever with or without TV money. I suppose there's some concern about trickle-down payments to lower clubs, but if all boats rise and fall on the same tide, relatively speaking grassroots football shouldn't suffer.

Finally, sport doesn't belong to Sky or BT. Yes, the commercial enterprises attached to sports belong to them, but not the sports themselves. If it is immoral for me to steal the broadcasters' presentations it is less immoral than me being deprived of watching sports I love and have put emotional energy into over the years. In that scenario, I'm less wrong than they are.

On the plus side, ITV no longer have CL football. Their coverage of all football is appalling. Two minute chat then adverts, followed by 2 two minutes chat then adverts, then the game, then 5 minutes "analysis' at the end when they cut off interviews with high profile managers like Mourinho. Oh yeah, they also go to ad breaks DURING THE GAME and miss important goals.

On a more serious note, it's bad that no terrestrial tv station will have the best club competition in world football. It's just going to keep getting worse I'm afraid, BBC probably won't have MOTD for much longer.

Back