• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT Sport channels

and let's not forget their cricket coverage

Yeah their cricket coverage is fantastic. Loved the Ashes zone segments they did with Warne, Strauss, Nasser Hussain and co. I feel like I learn something every time I watch cricket on Sky.

I see what you're saying, some sports you do want more of, just think they've gone a bit too far when it comes to football. Less is more IMO.

I do think there is too much football on tv. Should be one game on Sunday perhaps two and one on Monday.

I'd rather have a full day of football on Saturdays and Sundays. Monday night games are usually drab stuff and I can easily find something better to do, like all the Sunday night animated shows from FOX.

Yeah their cricket coverage is fantastic. Loved the Ashes zone segments they did with Warne, Strauss, Nasser Hussain and co. I feel like I learn something every time I watch cricket on Sky.

I see what you're saying, some sports you do want more of, just think they've gone a bit too far when it comes to football. Less is more IMO.

They just lifted Channel 4's team when they got the cricket. The best cricket coverage is still on the radio. I could (and do) listen to Test Match Special for days.

They just lifted Channel 4's team when they got the cricket. The best cricket coverage is still on the radio. I could (and do) listen to Test Match Special for days.

Ha love TMS when I'm at work
Blowers ,boycott , tuffnell can't beat it ..
Sky's Footie and cricket coverage is good tho would not want to lose it

true, but they don't skip off for news and countdown like c4 used too

agree about tms, I usually have both on

Because sports were free to watch. And they stopped that. Football, rugby union, cricket, grand prix - all now taken away from the majority (remember only 1 in 30 households have satelite). It's a bit like Scara suddenly putting a pay wall up for this site - £20 per month each, losing 80% of members who also become blocked from all other Spurs-related sites.

And it funds Murdock and his evil empire.

Way of the world. If something's worth having you have to pay for it. And please don't give me you cannot afford it, unless you can also tell me hand on heart you rarely afford to go down the pub / eat out and that you have to get about in an old jalopy. Otherwise it's just your lifestyle choice not to have Sky.

Sounds like you'd prefer us all to go back to the excruciatingly nauseous up-their-own-a**e BBC and ITV style of presentation? 8-[

so BT paid 900 mill in total for exclusive CL and EL rights

whats that then, 899 mill for CL and 1 mill for EL?

Way of the world. If something's worth having you have to pay for it. And please don't give me you cannot afford it, unless you can also tell me hand on heart you rarely afford to go down the pub / eat out and that you have to get about in an old jalopy. Otherwise it's just your lifestyle choice not to have Sky.

Sounds like you'd prefer us all to go back to the excruciatingly nauseous up-their-own-a**e BBC and ITV style of presentation? 8-[

When it comes to nauseous football coverage, Sky's sucking up to the old Sky four really takes some beating.

Ha love TMS when I'm at work
Blowers ,boycott , tuffnell can't beat it ..
Sky's Footie and cricket coverage is good tho would not want to lose it

The TMS lunch interviews are simply fantastic.

Caught one with Rafe Spall over the summer and it was just so absorbing.

and let's not forget their cricket coverage

Channel 4's was better and the BBC's pretty good too. Wherever you watch it, everyone listens to the TMS commentary over the top anyway.

The 2005 Ashes (the last on terrestiral) was also big national event that most people watched. The 2009 and 2013 ones weren't really in the public consciousness and most people just caught up with the score on the web.

Channel 4's was better and the BBC's pretty good too. Wherever you watch it, everyone listens to the TMS commentary over the top anyway.

The 2005 Ashes (the last on terrestiral) was also big national event that most people watched. The 2009 and 2013 ones weren't really in the public consciousness and most people just caught up with the score on the web.

True but not just because it was on BBC. It was the first time in a gazillion years that England won the Ashes, Australia were the no 1 Test side and had won 3000 matches in a row. Virtually no one expected England to win the 2005 series, especially once the first Test was lost.

so BT paid 900 mill in total for exclusive CL and EL rights

whats that then, 899 mill for CL and 1 mill for EL?

Indeed, it's quite a shame that smaller channels don't get a share of live football by having the Europa league. But I guess BT did that to stop Sky from having any.

Back