• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton Replay

Oh do grow up, why does anyone post anything? Why did people post that they are praying for muamba when the reality is that those messages will do sweet FA??

I merely stated my need for FF points now if that upsets you then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.

I'm probably one of the most insensitive and politically incorrect people you'll ever come across, but I really don't see why anyone would post something like that.

Oh do grow up, why does anyone post anything? Why did people post that they are praying for muamba when the reality is that those messages will do sweet FA??

I merely stated my need for FF points now if that upsets you then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.

Don't worry about it, what you basically did was say something which was a perfect example of someone moving on with things because thats what the world does.

Others like to wait to see what other people do before making a step towards that, they dont like to lead. Others will care because other people are caring too. Makes them feel part of this caring group, which in other words is just a flimflam bubble. I hope Muamba makes a full recovery but my life is not going to revolve around it and no taco will tell me how or what to say and you shouldnt have to be explaining yourself either.

Does anyone care that in the Scottish league cup final a players dad took a heart attack and died right on the full time whistle ? Did anyone even know, where is the support for this player ? Does anyone even care, or is everyone fixated with Muamba to care about anyone else ? It was on telly too, so no excuses there.

I have always been the same way, you cant pick and chose who you care for, you care for everyone the same way (its obviously different for family and loved ones) or you dont care at all.

The world is a seriously fudged up place.

I personally hope Bolton decides to play, and that the FA cooperates with the two clubs to find a suitable date for the game. If they decide to pull out of the competition, I fully understand that as well. If the game goes ahead at WHL (as it should), I have all faith that both sets of fans and players will make it a respectful night - hopefully in celebration of a fellow teammate and player who is alive and recovering well from his heart attack.

I just hope, if the match goes ahead, that the Bolton players will be up for it like they normally would. The same goes for Spurs. I would like it to be a proper game of football, where the two sides play to win in a fair, competitive manner. As long as the scoreline was 1-1 when the game was called off, I don't see any need for Spurs to gift goals to Bolton.

This, of course, is dependent on the outcome for Muamba, which is much, much more important than any game of football.

I'm thinking Bolton will pull out. They're 1 point above the relegation zone and have postponed a premiership game already.

Both the FA Cup game and the Aston Villa game will need to be rescheduled and I'm sure Bolton won't want a games pile-up at this stage of the season when they're playing for premiership survival.

For the FA cup game we will need to find a date agreeable to both clubs as well as a date agreeable for a replay and get this sorted before the semi final?

Factor into the equation that because one of Tottenham or Bolton going through to the semi the Bolton Spurs game has been Postponed. The villa game cannot be re-arranged for this date as Villa are already playing that day.

Bolton could face a situation where they have to find time for 2 FA Cup games (replay + replay if first replay is a draw) and have to find time for a rescheduled Villa game and a resheduled Tottenham (prem) game.

That's quite a bit of juggling even before you include a possible semi final appearance (can that go to replay as well?)

Seems a bit much to me. Probably just repeating what other people have said but don't want to read the whole thread.

Last edited:
realistically it will have to next midweek or not at all. you're seriously running out of time otherwise.

things will start to get really complicated if bolton don't play their league game at the weekend.

I'm thinking Bolton will pull out. They're 1 point above the relegation zone and have postponed a premiership game already.

Both the FA Cup game and the Aston Villa game will need to be rescheduled and I'm sure Bolton won't want a games pile-up at this stage of the season when they're playing for premiership survival.

For the FA cup game we will need to find a date agreeable to both clubs as well as a date agreeable for a replay and get this sorted before the semi final?

Factor into the equation that because one of Tottenham or Bolton going through to the semi the Bolton Spurs game has been Postponed. The villa game cannot be re-arranged for this date as Villa are already playing that day.

Bolton could face a situation where they have to find time for 2 FA Cup games (replay + replay if first replay is a draw) and have to find time for a rescheduled Villa game and a resheduled Tottenham (prem) game.

That's quite a bit of juggling even before you include a possible semi final appearance (can that go to replay as well?)

Seems a bit much to me. Probably just repeating what other people have said but don't want to read the whole thread.

I've been thinking much the same - that if they pull out, it will be for practical and logistical reasons as opposed to emotive reasons.

From their perspective, they have 10 league games to save their season. If I were Owen Coyle, I would favour concentrating the players' minds on that run of games and forget about everything else. That would be an excellent way to motivate them - forget about it all, and just give these 10 games all you have, starting now.

I am not sure whether Bolton will pull out, but if they do I think that would be the rationale.

In the first few minutes I felt that same thing, obviously as the situation continued I'm sure there was equal concern, but from a Spurs point of view I am certainly worried about how it will affect our players, starting Wednesday night.

Defoe for one was very badly affected, I'm not saying it will happen, but it would not surprise me if he was left out for the Stoke game

Dfoe played for Spurs after his brother died IIRC......he'll play.

I've been thinking much the same - that if they pull out, it will be for practical and logistical reasons as opposed to emotive reasons.

From their perspective, they have 10 league games to save their season. If I were Owen Coyle, I would favour concentrating the players' minds on that run of games and forget about everything else. That would be an excellent way to motivate them - forget about it all, and just give these 10 games all you have, starting now.

I am not sure whether Bolton will pull out, but if they do I think that would be the rationale.

I certainly think their participation in Saturday's match v Blackburn holds the key. I think if they decide to postpone this game too, which would be very understandable, I think they would decide to forfeit the FA Cup game.
A 7percent and Chancer point out, the back-log would start to become a problem and I would think they would consider ploughing all their energies into securing the Premiership status.
Right now I think they and Blackburn still have the best chance of survival. Wolves and QPR have some horrendous fixtures whereas Wigan look incapable of scoring enough goals to actually win games

If Bolton dont make a decision tomorrow will the rearranged match be able to be played next week at all, dont the Police need 10 days notice?

think we've got a bit of time yet. it's not exactly a high risk fixture policing wise.

guess they'll have to make their minds up about the blackburn game and continuing in the cup by thurday morning at the latest

Would love Muamba to really make a lot of progress over the next 24 hours, and hopefully Bolton can continue their season. I think it would be good for us to play the fixture if possible. Football would almost come second to what has been a humbling experience all round.

I think its a safe bet that when/if the replay goes ahead all 22 players on the park will have a Get well soon Muamba t-shirt on below their shirts.

Back