• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton Replay

ArcspacE

Banned
Following this very ufortunate and sad turn of events - what exactly would happen to our game?

Would it be a replay from scratch - i.e. 0:0 from 0 minutes?

Would it resume at 1:1 from 42nd minute?

Would the FA pick a random winner out of a hat - no game at all?

What exactly is the correct 'procedure' following such events

Last edited:
It is also likely that Wanderers will pull out of the FA Cup rather than face a re-match with Tottenham at the spot of the harrowing incident.

The game would be played a week tomorrow, but the top figures at the Reebok fear that the psychological effect of a return would be too much for their team.

One leading source said: "This is a group of young men, just kids really. How could they cope with going back to Spurs and going through it all again?"

Tottenham would be given a bye to the semi-final as a result, but Bolton would not face a penalty if they go down that road.

I have put this in the Muamba thread but I think whether the game goes ahead is determined on the progress of Muamba. If by Wednesday, this weekend the guy is stable and awake etc (I dont know how long or little time these things take in terms of becoming better) then they ofcourse will play and will do it for Muamba.

But ofcourse its all still if's and but's

It is also likely that Wanderers will pull out of the FA Cup rather than face a re-match with Tottenham at the spot of the harrowing incident.

The game would be played a week tomorrow, but the top figures at the Reebok fear that the psychological effect of a return would be too much for their team.

One leading source said: "This is a group of young men, just kids really. How could they cope with going back to Spurs and going through it all again?"

Tottenham would be given a bye to the semi-final as a result, but Bolton would not face a penalty if they go down that road.

Maybe we can offer to play the game at the Reebok?:)

It was abandoned, in the same way a fog or snow affected game could be, therefore officially it gets replayed as if it never happened at all.

However, I can see Bolton forfeiting it TBH. Hope they don't, but would totally understand.

Well i dont want us to win it after getting a bye. Thats not the spirit of our club.

But it would be a bye because the other team don't want to continue. No shame or controversy in taking that bye. In fact, we'd have no option! No problem whatsoever.

Anyway, I think it's moot because I don't think Bolton will just concede the tie.

Well i dont want us to win it after getting a bye. Thats not the spirit of our club.

Well what do you propose then just out of interest? Shall we also walk away? Because that would mean someone else getting a bye and I very much doubt they will say what you say - they would gladly not play us.

Look I think some of us are going OTT here (Granted I wasnt there so I have sympathy with people who were there etc and especially the Bolton team) but I want us to win the cup I want us to be successful. Stuff like this happens daily but life has to go on. Also dont forget the guy is still battling away and hope to GHod he pulls through. I think thats the point, we gotta wait before we all start discussing what should happen etc.

What tosh!! people have heart attacks... Can't see at all why there would be a problem with Bolton playing the game.

We got a bye against Feyenord the other year and I dont remember people not wanting to win the UEFA due to it not being in the spirit of Spurs

The game will be started from scratch, I think the fact that the game was 1-1 when it was abandoned will allow for the game to start from the beginning rather than re-starting at the point at which it was cancelled.

Was there a Nottingham Forest v Leicester game which was abandoned for similar reasons? I remember that one team intentionally scored an own goal to ensure that the score from the original fixture was adhered to. I don't know whether a player died in that game or whether it was abandoned for other reasons, I just remember it being resumed.

it feels a bit crass to talk about this stuff, but it still needs to be known.

If it is replayed then will the original tickets be valid?

I would have thought that IF Bolton decided to go ahead with the game ( and I think they will ) that they would prefer to restart from the minute the game was stopped. Then they are only 45 mins from a replay at their own ground.

Back