• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
i08WNKKmfdZof.gif

If anyone feels we shouldn't resign this guy, please speak now.

2007 just rang and asked if it could have your post back now, if you're done with it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'd rather we sign no one and have to rely on using Lamela, Chadli and Kane in their preferred position/s

Some of the comments in this thread show the double standard that fans have regarding loyalty/professionalism from managers and players. Can you imagine the uproar if Tim Sherwood refused to turn up to work tomorrow because he was offered the Chelsea job and ****ed off to them? HR **** on the club by flirting with the England job but do fans care about Berbatov or Bale's behaviour? Do they ****!

Berbs is definitely a **** - but I want him to be our ****.

I named a goddamn fish after him FFS

...do fans care about Berbatov or Bale's behaviour? Do they ****!
Some of us do mate, refusing to play for Spurs = ****. Loved him, could've been a club legend but he can **** off now, hope he saved up the cash he got for sitting on United's bench.

The double standard isn't between managers and players btw, it's between good players and everyone else. Ghaly was never forgiven for chucking his shirt, this **** would get the red carpet.

:lol:

Hark at some of you, going on like spurned lovers.

Yes, we all want the players to love the club like we do, but guess what..?

Right now the argument should be does Berbatov improve our squad? If the answer's yes then that should be the bottom line and personal bias can go on ice for six or eighteen months... No harm done.

:lol:

Hark at some of you, going on like spurned lovers.

Yes, we all want the players to love the club like we do, but guess what..?

Right now the argument should be does Berbatov improve our squad? If the answer's yes then that should be the bottom line and personal bias can go on ice for six or eighteen months... No harm done.

This.

The fact is that players like Berbatov, Bale and Modric who have no affiliation with THFC other than being an employee will inevitably see a club like ours as a stepping stone to their ultimate aim of winning football' biggest honours, it's just business after all.

Imho if we could sign Berbatov for £2m then that would be a good piece of business if Sherwood can keep him motivated, like he appears to be doing with Ade. Although there's always the risk of it going pear shaped like Keane' return after his Liverpool escapade.

This.
Imho if we could sign Berbatov for £2m then that would be a good piece of business if Sherwood can keep him motivated, like he appears to be doing with Ade. Although there's always the risk of it going pear shaped like Keane' return after his Liverpool escapade.

Completely different scenario, Keane was coming back to be a starting striker.

If we buy Berbs now, it's effectively a proven PL striker, settled in London, we know exactly what he is capable of, as cover for Ade/Soldado for sub 2M??

Really what was the question again?

Completely different scenario, Keane was coming back to be a starting striker.

If we buy Berbs now, it's effectively a proven PL striker, settled in London, we know exactly what he is capable of, as cover for Ade/Soldado for sub 2M??

Really what was the question again?

I think the question is "might Lamela be a better or equally good option and giving him game time will help his career and thus Spurs long term whereas Berbatov would be a distinctly short term solution?"

Oh, and also the question is "Would Berbatov be motivated to return to Spurs and work hard-ish for the team as a squad player considering that he left Manchester United to become a regular starter back when Manu were actually better than us?"

I think the question is "might Lamela be a better or equally good option and giving him game time will help his career and thus Spurs long term whereas Berbatov would be a distinctly short term solution?"

Oh, and also the question is "Would Berbatov be motivated to return to Spurs and work hard-ish for the team as a squad player considering that he left Manchester United to become a regular starter back when Manu were actually better than us?"

For me, the question works like this

- Is anyone comfortable with our only striking options being Ade/Soldado/HK/Lamela, especially with Europa starting back soon?
- If not, who could you find as good as Berbatov at 70% for the price of 2M?

I would assume Berbatov has spent a while not being first choice, little late in his career to insist on it, an in form Berbatov could earn a starting place. My opinion, he probably wants a run in a decent team where he would actually get some service and potentially have a shot at some (even if it's cup) success.

These are the kind of buys that can make the difference, the last couple of times we lost out on a CL place it was by very slim margins. Can't see anyone denying Berbs could earn us an extra 2-4 points in 3 months.

Berbatov has never ever relied on his pace so i don't think age is a problem. He still has the talent of that i have no doubt. Being surrounded by mediocre players at Fulham brings out the worst in him as he demands a certain level from his team mates. You can just see he gets annoyed with Fulham players at certain points.

He did the **** on us. So do we want him back? we shouldn't but do we also believe he could be a good player for us in the run in. And for me that answer is yes. In the end all i want is my team to do well and if that means accepting Berba back no matter what he did then I can do that. But I would want him to prove he was an ass by scoring bucket loads for us in recompense.

This.

The fact is that players like Berbatov, Bale and Modric who have no affiliation with THFC other than being an employee will inevitably see a club like ours as a stepping stone to their ultimate aim of winning football' biggest honours, it's just business after all.

I don't expect any of them to love the club at all. I do expect them to respect the club enough that when asked to do what they're paid handsomely to do, they don't refuse.

For me, the question works like this

- Is anyone comfortable with our only striking options being Ade/Soldado/HK/Lamela, especially with Europa starting back soon?
- If not, who could you find as good as Berbatov at 70% for the price of 2M?

I would assume Berbatov has spent a while not being first choice, little late in his career to insist on it, an in form Berbatov could earn a starting place. My opinion, he probably wants a run in a decent team where he would actually get some service and potentially have a shot at some (even if it's cup) success.

These are the kind of buys that can make the difference, the last couple of times we lost out on a CL place it was by very slim margins. Can't see anyone denying Berbs could earn us an extra 2-4 points in 3 months.

Similarly I don't see anyone denying that Lamela could earn us an extra 2-4 points in 3 months.

I think your assumptions about Berbatov are very speculative. Like I said he left United to become first choice at Fulham. His stock was very high at that point and he was fairly cheap then as well. I think there would have been clubs in other leagues much closer to success than Fulham that would have taken him for sure. But what Berbatov wants doesn't seem to be the same as what other players wants. He seems to want to play regular football, and be the star man, for a club.

If Berbatov is motivated to come to us and be a squad player and work (for him) reasonably hard for the team in the process it could be a perfect purchase. I'm not sure about that motivation though.

^ i believe the reason he doesn't look up for it at Fulham is because he is surrounded by **** players who apparently couldn't give a toss either - he might lose his 'star man' status by moving here but he'd be surrounded by motivated players who can play decent stuff, which is what he'd thrive on more imv

^ i believe the reason he doesn't look up for it at Fulham is because he is surrounded by **** players who apparently couldn't give a toss either - he might lose his 'star man' status by moving here but he'd be surrounded by motivated players who can play decent stuff, which is what he'd thrive on more imv

For most players I think that would make be true. Berbatov's body language has been more or less similar all the time though, so not sure how much of him not being up for it at Fulham is the other players and how much of it is Berba being Berba.

For most players it would also make very little sense to trade United for Fulham at 30 with trophies and excellent team mates readily available with some bench sitting the only trade off. But this is what the squirrel feeder did. Both Juve and Fiorentina were expressly after him, but he chose Fulham. ****ing Fulham!

I don't think the same rationale that can be used for "most players" can be used for Berbatov. He's a different beast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back