• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. Leave THFC if you want to further your career, just do it in a professional manner, apparently asking to much from him there.

I don't care how good he is, it's the principal.

No thanks. Leave THFC if you want to further your career, just do it in a professional manner, apparently asking to much from him there.

I don't care how good he is, it's the principal.

Well I care how good he is, I haven't seen anyone come close to lacing his boots up front in my time of supporting Spurs (albeit not as long as many on here). He was ridiculously good, and is still top top class and so far ahead of anything we have...

Well I care how good he is, I haven't seen anyone come close to lacing his boots up front in my time of supporting Spurs (albeit not as long as many on here). He was ridiculously good, and is still top top class and so far ahead of anything we have...

Still top class is a bit of a stretch. Still very good maybe.

As far as I'm concerned, brick on Spurs, you can fudge off. Talent shouldn't come into it. No one would be forgiving him if his talent level matched Hossam Ghaly's for example.

As far as I'm concerned, brick on Spurs, you can fudge off. Talent shouldn't come into it. No one would be forgiving him if his talent level matched Hossam Ghaly's for example.

Well I don't begrudge him for forcing his move to one of the biggest clubs in the world, but fair enough on your stance...

it's totally hypocritical of me but id have him back in an instant if he was genuinely apologetic about what went on before.

Ghaly was another player we fudged up on....thanks to taco fans...just because he threw his shirt down after being subbed and having a minority of pricks on his
back who clearly didn't have a clue about football................................................................................anyway...all water under the bridge now ennit..

Poor old ghaly...wonder how hes getting on with his teeth missing...He wont forget us will he!...LOL...

yeah what a talent Ghaly turned out to be - bet the club are kicking themselves over that one

yeah what a talent Ghaly turned out to be - bet the club are kicking themselves over that one

Your entitled to your opinion...However Ghaly was a bloody good footballer and evidence of that can still be seen on those compilations with
Berbs and how well he linked up with him!

it's funny how opinions can differ so wildly - one of the worst passers of the ball i have seen in recent times (saw him live plenty of times) - not that he didn't have the odd flash of brilliance

it's funny how opinions can differ so wildly - one of the worst passers of the ball i have seen in recent times (saw him live plenty of times) - not that he didn't have the odd flash of brilliance

IIRC . Ghaly hardly got the chance to develop..I think he only played about half a season of regular football with us...anyway he didnt get that many ganes under his belt...

IIRC . Ghaly hardly got the chance to develop..I think he only played about half a season of regular football with us...anyway he didnt get that many ganes under his belt...

Where has this notion about development come from? A computer game? What nonsense. Players are good enough, or they aren't. And normally if they're good enough for top Premiership level they have such ability it is obvious before they even break into the first team as teenagers.

Ghaly was an OK player, but nothing more. Inferior to the likes of Kranjcar but superior than the likes of Ruel Fox. Whether he was picked or not has nothing to do with development. If he was good enough, a game changer he would have forced his way into the team to become a first team regular.

I often see people claim that we treated a player badly, or a player's career completely ruined because they were with us for two or three years. So two or three years can ruin a fifteen year career? It's such drivel. There are very few players that decent clubs let go that come back to haunt that club in question or prove them wrong. And even then it's normally a case that the player himself has grown up mentally or takes things more seriously or that he excels in some new role (usually placed there by accident due to injuries, suspensions) at a different club.

From Spurs I can only think of one modern day example, and that is Peter Crouch. There hasn't been another talented youngster, fan favourite etc. that we've let go who has gone on to prove us wrong elsewhere after we've willingly let them leave. The same applies to the other "big" clubs. How many players that flop at those clubs go on to do well elsewhere? And it's not because those players were ruined, but because the players couldn't cut it at those clubs because they didn't have what it took.

It all went sour for him with the fans,,,remember!

He simply was not given the chance..so your wrong old pal..

And what about that game in the FA Cup at stamford bridge...he simply tore them apart ..2-0 after ten minutes or so..

I cant remember how we bundled the rest of that game! ..but do remeber defoe missing what should have been the winner a couple of minutes
from time.
Never could be a big match winner defoe...

anyway Ghaly could have been a key player for us..IMO. so lets agree to differ....

I often see people claim that we treated a player badly, or a player's career completely ruined because they were with us for two or three years. So two or three years can ruin a fifteen year career? It's such drivel. There are very few players that decent clubs let go that come back to haunt that club in question or prove them wrong. And even then it's normally a case that the player himself has grown up mentally or takes things more seriously or that he excels in some new role (usually placed there by accident due to injuries, suspensions) at a different club.

From Spurs I can only think of one modern day example, and that is Peter Crouch. There hasn't been another talented youngster, fan favourite etc. that we've let go who has gone on to prove us wrong elsewhere after we've willingly let them leave. The same applies to the other "big" clubs. How many players that flop at those clubs go on to do well elsewhere? And it's not because those players were ruined, but because the players couldn't cut it at those clubs because they didn't have what it took.

You dont remember Souness then..To be fair our talented football scouts and coaches let him go even before he played in the first team.

home sick and demanded to be released/sold from what i have read.

best i can think of is Prince Boateng who has been doing ok since leaving us

There have been loads of Spurs players who have left the club and gone on to have decent careers elsewhere.

I personally don't have a single problem with players leaving the club. Berbs left and doubled his money and won trophies.

We made a massive profit on him. It was not his fault that our then DOF fudged up about his replacement.

As much as I loved watching Berbatov in a Spurs shirt and rate him as a player, I just cannot see him working in am AVB side.

There have been loads of Spurs players who have left the club and gone on to have decent careers elsewhere.

I personally don't have a single problem with players leaving the club. Berbs left and doubled his money and won trophies.

We made a massive profit on him. It was not his fault that our then DOF fudged up about his replacement.
Agreed except for Arsol, now that's a brick way to leave a club. Everyone else we made good money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back