• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Maybe Levy's flown to Conte's house in Milan to do it in person? If so the announcement could be tonight/tomorrow morning. Worse case Mason might have to take the AC game.

I bet Pochettino would be ready to take over within hours if he got the call. I bet his suitcases are pre-packed

If he were willing and able to adjust to a back 4 he might well make a success of things here, but his 3 at the back just doesn't work with our personnel and appears to require too many changes to get it into a comfortable position. I think back to yesterday and for the first half Wolves matched us in shape and we bossed them but unfortunately could get a goal. However once Wolves changed things up and went to 3 in midfield it completely changed. That's what you want to see, a [proactive coach willing to accept when things aren't working, but Conte won't do that. Hes wedded to his system even though it just isn't working. Rather frustrating because this isn't surprising. We've seen the quality of the performances all season. We play dreadful football and get dominated by virtually everyone for at least a half.Yet we never adjust to try and stem the tide.

I bet Pochettino would be ready to take over within hours if he got the call. I bet his suitcases are pre-packed

There's got a be a cut off where taking the Milan game becomes a hiding to nothing. Where he doesn't even have time to assess in person how crap Perisic and Lenglet are.

And suitcases? For the 3 mile drive from Hadley Wood to Enfield? Oh - you mean for restocking the lemons?

I hate this endgame phase. We all knew Mourinho was toast in January, but we lingered till April and missed out on Tuchel. It's just wasting everyone's time and money.

Its vastly different from the Mourinho situation. Appreciate you have an agenda with Conte though so will come up with this rubbish

Aside from the fact that Conte doesnt stay places long, its far from certain that he'll be leaving in the summer

Maybe Levy's flown to Conte's house in Milan to do it in person? If so the announcement could be tonight/tomorrow morning. Worse case Mason might have to take the AC game.

We're 4th in the league. There is no way in the world Levy is firing Conte at the moment, and I think its unlikely that he'll do it this season

That said, I think its 50/50 that Conte is our manager for the first game of next season though. Him walking is more likely that Levy firing him

Do you really believe stuff like the post that I quoted? That Levy might have gone to Italy to fire Conte today?? Really?

We're 4th in the league. There is no way in the world Levy is firing Conte at the moment, and I think its unlikely that he'll do it this season

That said, I think its 50/50 that Conte is our manager for the first game of next season though. Him walking is more likely that Levy firing him

Do you really believe stuff like the post that I quoted? That Levy might have gone to Italy to fire Conte today?? Really?

It's not 50/50 if he is our manager next season.
3 months left on his contract (option for another year) with nothing pointing towards it will be extended.

We will part ways in the summer.

Have you watched any game this season? We are absolutely diabolical, and getting worse. The fans have been lost, the stadium gone toxic.

There's only 1 outcome to this - it's just if it happens this week to try and salvage the situation, or if it's in May with no european distractions next season.

Have you watched any game this season? We are absolutely diabolical, and getting worse. The fans have been lost, the stadium gone toxic.

There's only 1 outcome to this - it's just if it happens this week to try and salvage the situation, or if it's in May with no european distractions next season.

We're not great to watch but your comment wasnt about that. It was that Levy was going to fire Conte today and that we're in the end game when it all falls apart. That's really not the case and the atmosphere really isn't toxic - its quieter than most of the time for a 4th placed team, but its not toxic

There's got a be a cut off where taking the Milan game becomes a hiding to nothing. Where he doesn't even have time to assess in person how crap Perisic and Lenglet are.

And suitcases? For the 3 mile drive from Hadley Wood to Enfield? Oh - you mean for restocking the lemons?

Tbh that was just a figure of speech

The guy has gotten such an easy ride by Spurs fans in general.
So much sympathy for him out there.

fudge that.
EPO cheat with Juve. He knew what happening, he was the club captain.
Match fixing stuff.
Won the title against us with Chelsea when we finished 2nd.
Turned down Tottenham the first time he was offered the job.
Never refers to Tottenham as we or us.
Sits out the end of his contract in quiet quitting mode.
Obviously not in the mental state to do the job for months but still won't resign.

I would go for Vincent Kompany to replace Conte in the summer.

A genuinely intriguing shout but if he gets Burnley promoted it seems kind of weak to leave them before displaying what they can do in the premier league. Obviously if they are very "meh" or get relegated Kompany's stock will fall so I guess it makes sense. Oddly similar to Lampard's situation of doing great with Derby but then taking on way too much too soon (and I fudgein love it as it contributed to Chelsea's recent downfall).

Why are we even debating if Conte is going to be fired ? .
He wont be before the end of the season as that would mean Levy paying out around £5m ( that has the same value to Levy as £50m ,nah £500m to Todd Boehly) in compensation and have Mason take over until the end of the season and in the past week we've just seen how the Mason/ Stellini double act went.
It ain't happening unless we lose 4-0 every game for a month.

Why are we even debating if Conte is going to be fired ? .
He wont be before the end of the season as that would mean Levy paying out around £5m ( that has the same value to Levy as £50m ,nah £500m to Todd Boehly) in compensation and have Mason take over until the end of the season and in the past week we've just seen how the Mason/ Stellini double act went.
It ain't happening unless we lose 4-0 every game for a month.
He's got 3.75 months left on his contract. That's about £1.3m. Whats CL qualification worth? Which we wont get without an urgent big reboot

I really hate the fact that whomever we play it is 3 at the back, even when a team is playing just 1 upfront against us and we end getting outnumbered in midfield. Conte's inflexibility hurts us.

Maybe it is just me but I find our football under Conte, boring. Sure I could swallow it if had won a trophy, but we have not and I find it tiresome. Considering the amount of money we spend watching our team it is just not good enough.

Back