• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

And lets be honest here, if the club had come out and gone into detail and said "we tried hard to persuade Conte to stay but decided it would have been against what he wanted" rather than "mutual consent" then I find it hard to believe people would have believed it anyway because there was this adamant noise of When it looks like 4th is not realistic we sack people or Donna Cullen PR machine at work here

As a club we don't respond to anything, I actually think its a better move than others clubs who are more vocal about the goings on or feel like they need to defend their position. There is probably as much noise surrounding Spurs than any club in England at the moment, most of it negative, alot of it true, alot of it not so much, plenty of nastiness added for measure, even still the club and Levy who is the brunt of the noise still don't feel the need to confirm them or correct the mistruths taking a probably more realistic stance of....you won't be able to stop the noise. It works against us plenty of times and you kinda just have to accept it as par for the course, its certainly worked against us here but I also don't expect Levy to jump out now and either confirm or deny the report because as I said earlier, its a 450m business, the manager was on 12m a year, its not a childs playground and the real players at that level of many businesses don't feel the need to point score on things that occur pretty much daily.

I just don't think that the scenerio you outline fits. Why would we try to keep Conte when the momentum had moved to Conte-out? I don't believe the club tried to persuade Conte to stay. And I don't think Conte had given up. He was fighting. And wanted the team to fight. He was very much still invested, angry and motivated. The narratives around the club at the time was about how sick people were with the football, with Enic etc. I personally believe the balance of motivation for moving Conte on had shifted. With the goons top of the table, fans wanted a change of some type; plus Levy never takes his time with managers. He acts quickly when there is malaise generally.

I just don't think that the scenerio you outline fits. Why would we try to keep Conte when the momentum had moved to Conte-out? I don't believe the club tried to persuade Conte to stay. And I don't think Conte had given up. He was fighting. And wanted the team to fight. He was very much still invested, angry and motivated. The narratives around the club at the time was about how sick people were with the football, with Enic etc. I personally believe the balance of motivation for moving Conte on had shifted. With the goons top of the table, fans wanted a change of some type; plus Levy never takes his time with managers. He acts quickly when there is malaise generally.

With all due respect I think I will leave it be now mate because you are starting to lose me now, reason being this is the second time I have read you suggest fan influence guided Levys decision which to me suggest you think he was sacked and contradicts your own earlier posts about it being mutual.

I am always vocal about being sceptical about whats written in the press especially and specifically rumours but when someone comes out and makes a definitive statement about leaving being his own choice which corroborates a report months ago that he decided he didn't want to come back I know what logic dictates and its not then an unfounded theory about fan influence on social media or forums which contradicts the mans own words.

Either way he is telling the truth and he wanted to leave or he is lying, either way its not a good look on his part and we all sleep safe tonight.

As I said, and really should have learnt from my own words, the blokes gone, that chapters closed, for where we are, I think we are better off for him being gone in the end.

Enjoy Friday night beers or whatever the weekend brings you

With all due respect I think I will leave it be now mate because you are starting to lose me now, reason being this is the second time I have read you suggest fan influence guided Levys decision which to me suggest you think he was sacked and contradicts your own earlier posts about it being mutual.

I am always vocal about being sceptical about whats written in the press especially and specifically rumours but when someone comes out and makes a definitive statement about leaving being his own choice which corroborates a report months ago that he decided he didn't want to come back I know what logic dictates and its not then an unfounded theory about fan influence on social media or forums which contradicts the mans own words.

Either way he is telling the truth and he wanted to leave or he is lying, either way its not a good look on his part and we all sleep safe tonight.

As I said, and really should have learnt from my own words, the blokes gone, that chapters closed, for where we are, I think we are better off for him being gone in the end.

Let's mutually agree to go for a shandy or two. Friday was less dull at work for sure :)

Last edited:
I think the board and the players got fed up with conte being a clam
That’s normal
A log of The fans certainly had in the ground too
Conte knew that
He just waits for his rant until an international break so he could bugger off hike after causing his stir
It’s classic conte

Woah now, conflict resolution like this has no place on a football forum. Call each other a clam or at least bring in the question the reputation of the opposing poster's mother, that's a basic courtesy.

I have been reading the discussion and whilst it's been interesting and who am I to suggest what people debate, I am with you in the sense that it's best to move on. It was a nightmare end to the season promoting two members of the backroom staff whilst we dropped down the table and committed heinous collapses to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool but if it's taken us to a new hopeful approach in Poste, I can put the clusterfudge end to the season in to context.

My point to slide in there is that I hope people can consider why Conte was driven to the point of saying what he said rather than just being outraged about it. The appointment never made sense in the first place but hindsight is obviously 20/20.

In life and football I struggle with knowing what is considered dwelling on the past or what is learning from it but I do hope we'll be richer in knowledge from the experience, and ideally have someone at the helm we can all get behind to do something special.

Woah now, conflict resolution like this has no place on a football forum. Call each other a clam or at least bring in the question the reputation of the opposing poster's mother, that's a basic courtesy.

I have been reading the discussion and whilst it's been interesting and who am I to suggest what people debate, I am with you in the sense that it's best to move on. It was a nightmare end to the season promoting two members of the backroom staff whilst we dropped down the table and committed heinous collapses to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool but if it's taken us to a new hopeful approach in Poste, I can put the clusterfudge end to the season in to context.

My point to slide in there is that I hope people can consider why Conte was driven to the point of saying what he said rather than just being outraged about it. The appointment never made sense in the first place but hindsight is obviously 20/20.

In life and football I struggle with knowing what is considered dwelling on the past or what is learning from it but I do hope we'll be richer in knowledge from the experience, and ideally have someone at the helm we can all get behind to do something special.

Well batted sir haha

No I agree, lots of reasons no least our own failings in general that made it a wrong appointment and then you add in the rest of what went on and it was just best with a line drawn under and move on.

Back