• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

We needed a backup CF of quality for years. We run Kane into the ground and we’ve only had the likes of Janssen and Llorente to fall back on. Richarlison is proven Premier League quality so, on paper, was a great signing. He hasn’t worked out yet so that’s on the player and management for me, not the DOF.

We were very lightweight in MF. It was acknowledged on here and on every other Spurs site. Bissouma was one the best midfielders in the league last season and was Brightons best player any time I saw him. 25m was a steal for him. Again it hasn’t worked out yet so you’ve got to look at the player and management for that.

Spence seems to have been signed for the future. Good attacking RWB by all accounts. How often do we have fans complaining that the club never shows any vision and doesn’t plan for the future? Well Spence and Udogie are evidence that we do. I’d have given Spence some chances personally but obviously Conte sees something he doesn’t like. Doesn’t mean the DOF was wrong to sign him.

Out transfer business in the summer was very good on paper. Frustrating it hasn’t worked out yet but I still think some of these boys will come good.

There’s also no guarantee on CBs we’d have signed for 40m and who are these players? We’ve also looked pretty good defensively, Leicester aside, over the last 6-8 weeks.
Lack of early season integration killed us IMO, harked on then but we played the same side until pushed to change and even then it felt like there was a gun to Conte head. Then when the wheels fell off we had to rely on players to were in the cold with no rhythm.

I can't remember too many games Richarlson played as a CF for us before Wolves for example? I know there has been injuries but he hasn't been injured all season, before Bissouma injuries especially the first portion of season he didn't play.

To their absolute credit Sarr and Skippy have come in and been blinding but again, despite PEH being poor the last couple of weeks he remains a mainstay, its typical of the season.

I maintain we could have made better use and more subtle changes, especially to form (Son seemingly cast iron) etc, but the fact we didn't means we have made 6 changes a game now to navigate the keys games and people debate priorities, maybe it's poor squad management not priorities that's put pay to this seasons ambitions?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

We needed a backup CF of quality for years. We run Kane into the ground and we’ve only had the likes of Janssen and Llorente to fall back on. Richarlison is proven Premier League quality so, on paper, was a great signing. He hasn’t worked out yet so that’s on the player and management for me, not the DOF.

We were very lightweight in MF. It was acknowledged on here and on every other Spurs site. Bissouma was one the best midfielders in the league last season and was Brightons best player any time I saw him. 25m was a steal for him. Again it hasn’t worked out yet so you’ve got to look at the player and management for that.

Spence seems to have been signed for the future. Good attacking RWB by all accounts. How often do we have fans complaining that the club never shows any vision and doesn’t plan for the future? Well Spence and Udogie are evidence that we do. I’d have given Spence some chances personally but obviously Conte sees something he doesn’t like. Doesn’t mean the DOF was wrong to sign him.

Out transfer business in the summer was very good on paper. Frustrating it hasn’t worked out yet but I still think some of these boys will come good.

There’s also no guarantee on CBs we’d have signed for 40m and who are these players? We’ve also looked pretty good defensively, Leicester aside, over the last 6-8 weeks.
No good having a back up CF if there is still no creativity in the team
Kane is more than a CF … he is a 10 and 9 and also the talisman who the team look too

I agree. The cycle which began with Poch’s appointment is coming to an end.
I dont know - i think that came to a dramatic end in autumn 2019. We had a 5 year golden age. And have since had a 3.5 year period of the wrong approach and decline. You can see them as linked, but i think the second phase was do with bad leadership, specifically 3 poor managerial appointments.

Basically i think things would have been very different if ten Hag or Nagglesman had come in in 2019. That the decline wasnt inevitable. Levy just made the wrong decisions

I dont know - i think that came to a dramatic end in autumn 2019. We had a 5 year golden age. And have since had a 3.5 year period of the wrong approach and decline. You can see them as linked, but i think the second phase was do with bad leadership, specifically 3 poor managerial appointments.

Basically i think things would have been very different if ten Hag or Nagglesman had come in in 2019. That the decline wasnt inevitable. Levy just made the wrong decisions

Yes, who knows how things would’ve turned out if we’d persisted with Poch or appointed someone else but my point was more about Kane and his supporting cast. Like it or not we became the Harry Kane team. And he was/is brilliant. But we’re coming to the end of that and we’ll have to reinvent ourselves.

Think the 'management' of Richarlison has been disgraceful. First of all playing him on the right for Kulu (who at the time was our best player) and then this whole Son saga.

Should have been getting opportunities much earlier on the left hand side. Then gets two starts before being dropped again? Get the fudge out of here

Think the 'management' of Richarlison has been disgraceful. First of all playing him on the right for Kulu (who at the time was our best player) and then this whole Son saga.

Should have been getting opportunities much earlier on the left hand side. Then gets two starts before being dropped again? Get the fudge out of here
Exactly this, dropped Deki because he is probably in theory easier to drop than Son despite being well above him at the time, which was three fold, drop a form player, play a new one out of position and maintain a player devoid in form and confidence.

Gil comes in plays fantastically for a couple of games, was superb against Palace, ship him off, bring in Danjuma and then reintegrate a player in Moura that has been told he can leave in the summer. Surely you look forward not back with this stuff

Could go on and on TBH, not that Conte has been the only issue, but for me, his decisions this season and lack of them in games have been mind boggling

Lack of early season integration killed us IMO, harked on then but we played the same side until pushed to change and even then it felt like there was a gun to Conte head. Then when the wheels fell off we had to rely on players to were in the cold with no rhythm.

I can't remember too many games Richarlson played as a CF for us before Wolves for example? I know there has been injuries but he hasn't been injured all season, before Bissouma injuries especially the first portion of season he didn't play.

To their absolute credit Sarr and Skippy have come in and been blinding but again, despite PEH being poor the last couple of weeks he remains a mainstay, its typical of the season.

I maintain we could have made better use and more subtle changes, especially to form (Son seemingly cast iron) etc, but the fact we didn't means we have made 6 changes a game now to navigate the keys games and people debate priorities, maybe it's poor squad management not priorities that's put pay to this seasons ambitions?

Not being willing to drop Son, whether with Richy or by changing system, should be a sackable offence alone.

Exactly this, dropped Deki because he is probably in theory easier to drop than Son despite being well above him at the time, which was three fold, drop a form player, play a new one out of position and maintain a player devoid in form and confidence.

Gil comes in plays fantastically for a couple of games, was superb against Palace, ship him off, bring in Danjuma and then reintegrate a player in Moura that has been told he can leave in the summer. Surely you look forward not back with this stuff

Could go on and on TBH, not that Conte has been the only issue, but for me, his decisions this season and lack of them in games have been mind boggling

All of them examples are really odd
It’s almost as if we are trying to sabotage things

And then we wonder why kulu has went off the boil.
Kulu, Richarlison sarr and skipp must be what they are doing wrong.

Yep and we've been arguing that since. If you are going to get rid of the best manager we have had in the PL era, you had to make the right decision who to replace him with. I would say a very similar manager, I wanted Ten Hag ( didn't know anything about Nagelsmann tbf) instead Levy went for the big names whether or not they were right from us.

I was hoping to wake up to see some breaking news from Tottenham this morning...ah well, there's always later during Super Sunday for dramatic effect maybe???

Thierry Henry grabbing Jamie Carragher's knee as the news breaks...

Yep and we've been arguing that since. If you are going to get rid of the best manager we have had in the PL era, you had to make the right decision who to replace him with. I would say a very similar manager, I wanted Ten Hag ( didn't know anything about Nagelsmann tbf) instead Levy went for the big names whether or not they were right from us.

I don't think levy would have ditched poch if jose wasn't whispering in his ear, so i don't think any of those were in the picture. In fact i don't even think there was a picture. It was jose, end of.
Was imho levys biggest mistake, not so much tha sacking, buy appointing jose.

I don't think levy would have ditched poch if jose wasn't whispering in his ear, so i don't think any of those were in the picture. In fact i don't even think there was a picture. It was jose, end of.
Was imho levys biggest mistake, not so much tha sacking, buy appointing jose.

Yes. I said on here, at the time, that I would only want Mourinho until the summer at the very most. He wasn’t inspiring at Manchester United, ended poorly and I saw no reason why suddenly he’d be a success with us. Awful appointment that saw us take a bigger step backwards than if we had stayed with Poch.

As you said, a ‘backup CF’. As a club that isn’t free spending, we shouldn’t be spending as much as did on a backup.

We didn’t need Bissouma when we had four very capable midfielders for two places. We likely bought him thinking worst case scenario we can move him on for a profit as we bought him cheaper than his likely market value at the time BUT you don’t buy something just because it’s cheap if you don’t actually need it and you’re attempting to be financially prudent.

As for who those centre backs should have been. I don’t know. I’m not someone who has football contacts or is aware of who is available, or not, but I find it highly unlikely we couldn’t have improved our defence with that budget given I don’t rate Dier and Sanchez in particular as centre backs. Davies I’d keep as he’s good for left wing back as well as cover centre back.

I was hoping to wake up to see some breaking news from Tottenham this morning...ah well, there's always later during Super Sunday for dramatic effect maybe???

Thierry Henry grabbing Jamie Carragher's knee as the news breaks...
Would have to be on Saturday if next week goes really bad. And even then I still dont think you will get breaking news

Would have to be on Saturday if next week goes really bad. And even then I still dont think you will get breaking news

Possibly. But defeat next Saturday, and I think we might well near it announced on 5Live on the drive back up the M1 and M6, surely he couldnt survive out of both cups and 2 defeats on the bounce to relegation candidates

Back