• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Seems all the journos have jumped on the he's leaving in June bandwagon this morning.

Poch please.

He has to be leaving, no one in their right mind would think its a good idea or good prep to be on the 7th March and not have the manager signed down for the next season if that was eithers intent.

It won't be a first year rookie, absolutely no chance

I think after Conte the chasing for dead certs will have burnt Levys fingers too much for it to be someone similar

If Conte goes in the summer it will be Poch in my opinion, was going to be Poch after Jose, Levy and him absolutely get on regardless of the sacking

he has had the experience of going to a nut house Uber rich club with limitless spending potential and unrealistic expectations, so hopefully got that out of his system.

he has also had two (interrupted) years off to rest and reenergise himself, so should come back to us fresh and raring to go.

the squad is also younger now, ready to run for him again.

Let’s do this!

Last edited:
You think it's Levy and the club that are leaking all the stories about how 'Conte never settled, Living in hotels, missing family etc.' Seems strange.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...onio-conte-daniel-levy?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“The fleeting magic that Pochettino and his players conjured was the product of a particular time and a unique set of circumstances: a young and hungry team that had no body of work to defend, no reputation to protect, no expectations to meet, and who could thus write a new and thrilling page together.”

I wouldn't call a 5 year golden age a fleeting period. He was our longest serving manager since Burkinshaw, and our 4th longest serving post-war.

Poch = To heal my heart
Frank = Amazing job at Brentford
Gallardo = Wildcard
Frank would really worry me. The football that Brentford play is 'small club' football that I don't think would work at all well at Spurs. Maybe Frank knows that is the only way that he can keep a club with Brentford's budget in the PL and would use different tactics at Spurs but I don't think we can take the risk of finding out.

I would rather have De Zerbi or Schmidt than Frank. Would be happy with either of your other two suggestions though I would turn the job down if I was Pochettino after being so badly treated previously.

I wouldn't call a 5 year golden age a fleeting period. He was our longest serving manager since Burkinshaw, and our 4th longest serving post-war.

You’re right. I suppose the point is that the circumstances are not really comparable to those that existed in 2015. Then again Poch has evolved too. Just that nothing he’s done since 2019 has been particularly impressive. Anyway we probably need to get him back sometime just to get it out of our system.

I mean, it has to be Poch right?

There is unfinished business on both sides. Story book. It’s either going to be glorious or
a nightmarish… it’s the spurs way!

Right or wrong thats an itch that is going to have to be scratched.
Everything seems to be aligned for it, i personally think its still too early, but its what I'm expecting.

Poch managing a team like this,

New keeper,
New cb
Romero
Porro
Destiny
Skipp
Bentancur
Kane
Kulu
Richarlison.

Is a mouthwatering prospect.
Still have son, sarr, dier, davies, royal, peh, bissouma, danjuma, spence and gil on the bench.
That's a pretty good place to be imv.

Right or wrong thats an itch that is going to have to be scratched.
Everything seems to be aligned for it, i personally think its still too early, but its what I'm expecting.

Poch managing a team like this,

New keeper,
New cb
Romero
Porro
Destiny
Skipp
Bentancur
Kane
Kulu
Richarlison.

Is a mouthwatering prospect.
Still have son, sarr, dier, davies, royal, peh, bissouma, danjuma, spence and gil on the bench.
That's a pretty good place to be imv.

----------------Keeper----------------

Porro--Romero--New CB--Destiny

-----------Skippy--Benta------------

-----Deki-----New AM-----Son----

-----------------Kane-------------------

Would take that all day long, get in a Bastoni and Maddison type and its sexy AF TBH

As much as I love Poch and what he did for the club, I think there's a great chance he'll fail and tarnish his reputation if he returns to Spurs.

Would take that all day long, get in a Bastoni and Maddison type and its sexy AF TBH

I'd drop kane to the am and play richie up front with out kulu wide/off richie.
Kane in the middle linking up with Bentancur breaking the press, Richarlison in front of him and kulu out wide.

Kane in the middle linking up with Bentancur breaking the press, Richarlison in front of him and kulu out wide.

yeh I think there is fluidity to do that which would be nice

I just have this feeling that Kane would still see himself as the out and out striker and with a profile like his not sure you would rock the boat. That said, as games go on and you need options in the 60th minute, would be mouth watering

That's it. For me Ndicka and Kudus are the two missing pieces to make that perfect, but they are quite similar alternatives to your suggestions.

I think Poch may favour Spence over Porro, but we've 3 potential options for him to choose from on the right now.

I like that idea too. Kane as Eriksen, and Richarlison as young Kane

yeh I think there is fluidity to do that which would be nice

I just have this feeling that Kane would still see himself as the out and out striker and with a profile like his not sure you would rock the boat. That said, as games go on and you need options in the 60th minute, would be mouth watering

If he's got any sense he'd remember how Shearer and Sheringham extended their careers by changing their games in their late 20s - Shearer into a target man and Sheringham into a full-on #10.

Gallardo for me all day long. I love Poch and very intrigued as to what he can do with this team and purse strings loosened, but I have a feeling Gallardo is going to be an excellent manager and if we don't get him now, we may never have a chance at him.

You’re right. I suppose the point is that the circumstances are not really comparable to those that existed in 2015. Then again Poch has evolved too. Just that nothing he’s done since 2019 has been particularly impressive. Anyway we probably need to get him back sometime just to get it out of our system.
Pochettino is the manager directly responsible for the circumstances having changed since 2015. We would be in serious trouble now had he not delivered those 4 CL qualifications in a row ahead of schedule when having virtually no money to spend. That period under him was a game changer for the club overall. He more than anyone deserves at least the chance to try to do something spectacular now that the club has an amount of money to spend reasonably commensurate with the size and ambition of the club. Maybe he can again seriously overachieve but this time with the added benefit of having a decent recruitment team at the club and some money to spend that overachievement would result in trophies as well as CL qualifications.

Back