• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

this is not aimed at you, but at times, reading this forum is like a spurs transcription of AFTV.

It's really not, I rarely see any extreme views, the closest I've seen is that someone wants Poch back, other than that people ask questions ans are objective in their views but there is also an element that trotted out the, in Conte we trust line who believe if your not the same, with total blindness that its like, well, like AFTV.

I think it's a fair and balanced view to believe we need better players but also we should be beating Forrest in the Cup, others will see that as a slight against Conte when its not.

It's really not, I rarely see any extreme views, the closest I've seen is that someone wants Poch back, other than that people ask questions ans are objective in their views but there is also an element that trotted out the, in Conte we trust line who believe if your not the same, with total blindness that its like, well, like AFTV.

I think it's a fair and balanced view to believe we need better players but also we should be beating Forrest in the Cup, others will see that as a slight against Conte when its not.
I agree
There is a mix of views but really nothing too extreme except in the non footy chat

This is a good point

Question though is why and how much its because of not enough depth/quality in the squad and how much because of Conte's refusal to rotate?

Some players like Skipp, Bissouma, Doherty could have been used more IMO and helped keep legs fresh

In some positions (such as RCB, CCB, attacking positions) we dont have the depth to rotate but in others I feel we could have done more

I think there are some questions to be answered around this but I don't think its totally cut & dried.

Bissouma put in some poor cameos/starting performances, nowhere near what Hojbjerg/Bentancur were producing. Skipp has been returning froma a long-term injury. Both have looked a little short. And we're under pressure to deliver results every game. We couldn't afford slips in the CL and we had to reduce the number in the league too.

Doherty could've been used more, he had a nice little run then a bad performance at OT and was benched again. That seemed harsh as the whole team were bad.

He's rotated and/or made changes where possible. Sanchez has dropped out of the XI even when Romero is out as he's sought to improve our build-up play which is what everyone is asking for.

The only game I can see a valid complaint for not rotating more is last night. I would've chucked Tanganga, Gil and Spence in without hesitation. Kane shouldn't have started but we didn't have a single forward player available who was fit enough to start. Could he have risked Richarlison from the start? Maybe. Only the coaching staff know.

Our FH performances are not good, some disagree and say its just a fan forum rumour but it's proving to be very true.

On the whole, they've been poor but some not as bad as the stats suggest. I didn't see the 1st half last night but I thought Bournemouth/Liverpool were decent performances, Everton/Saudi Sportswashing Machine were below average and Marseilles, Sporting and Man U were poison. I guess, in all of those bar Man U, the second half was much better than the first.

But the narrative is being presented as "Spurs were awful in all those games". That's just not the case.

Our FH performances are not good, some disagree and say its just a fan forum rumour but it's proving to be very true.
And you can't believe that it's, the start slow and attack in the second half when we go down by 2 goals before the first half ends

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

On the whole, they've been poor but some not as bad as the stats suggest. I didn't see the 1st half last night but I thought Bournemouth/Liverpool were decent performances, Everton/Saudi Sportswashing Outfit were below average and Marseilles, Sporting and Man U were poison. I guess, in all of those bar Man U, the second half was much better than the first.

But the narrative is being presented as "Spurs were awful in all those games". That's just not the case.

Who is presenting that narrative? I see other if not most say we have to stop starting this slowly, which is true we have to, its damaging our season, to the extent Conte even said its a problem. We have been awesome in some second halves, I would even say the Liverpool second half was a performance for the ages

Last edited:
Who is presenting that narrative? I see another if not most say we have to stop starting this slowly, which is true we have to, its damaging our season, to the extent Conte even said its a problem. We have been awesome in some second halves, I would even say the Liverpool second half was a performance for the ages

You listen to SKY or somewhere and it's "Spurs are brick first half, great second half". Even the tweet above infers that all first half performances are equally brick. They aren't. At least two were decent.

There is clearly a problem because in 6 of the 8 games we were much better second half but it's not as black and white as is being portrayed.

You listen to SKY or somewhere and it's "Spurs are brick first half, great second half". Even the tweet above infers that all first half performances are equally brick. They aren't. At least two were decent.

There is clearly a problem because in 6 of the 8 games we were much better second half but it's not as black and white as is being portrayed.

But there are always exceptions to any form, but the trend is that we are starting slowly and finishing like a steam train, generally.

When I look at this season as a while, yes there are exceptions to it but it's an overall take away of our form

But there are always exceptions to any form, but the trend is that we are starting slowly and finishing like a steam train, generally.

When I look at this season as a while, yes there are exceptions to it but it's an overall take away of our form

And yours is a very fair observation. I just find the lack of nuance to be frustrating and not just in relation to this but generally in terms of debate. It leads to extreme or very polarised viewpoints because everything is presented as an absolute.

Ali Gold pinned Conte on this exact point at the Forest presser - asked why we had gone 8 games without scoring in the first half, and 5 straight games where we have gone 2-0 down. What was the reason for that?

Apparently Conte had shown up trying to blame it all on fatigue, and then when he got that question, he kind of looked like his bluff had been called.

I think Gold is a bit of a club mouthpiece at times, does and says what the club wants him to do or say. But with that question, he absolutely nailed it - he pointed out that he, Conte and the players were being paid to go up to Forest and put in/watch that abysmal showing, but the fans actually had to pay to watch that game - struggle to get up there, pay to watch utter brick, struggle to get home.

I hope journos ask hard questions more - why are these players mocking the fans like this? What is going wrong and why can't you fix it?

This is a good point

Question though is why and how much its because of not enough depth/quality in the squad and how much because of Conte's refusal to rotate?

Some players like Skipp, Bissouma, Doherty could have been used more IMO and helped keep legs fresh

In some positions (such as RCB, CCB, attacking positions) we dont have the depth to rotate but in others I feel we could have done more
I think the problems we’re seeing with 2 games a week is less about fatigue and more about not having a full week on the training ground to prep his tactics for the specific opposition coming up. There were clear stats last year about how much better we performed with just one game a week, which was how we ended last season.

Ali Gold pinned Conte on this exact point at the Forest presser - asked why we had gone 8 games without scoring in the first half, and 5 straight games where we have gone 2-0 down. What was the reason for that?

Apparently Conte had shown up trying to blame it all on fatigue, and then when he got that question, he kind of looked like his bluff had been called.

I think Gold is a bit of a club mouthpiece at times, does and says what the club wants him to do or say. But with that question, he absolutely nailed it - he pointed out that he, Conte and the players were being paid to go up to Forest and put in/watch that abysmal showing, but the fans actually had to pay to watch that game - struggle to get up there, pay to watch utter brick, struggle to get home.

I hope journos ask hard questions more - why are these players mocking the fans like this? What is going wrong and why can't you fix it?

No-one was 'mocking' anyone. Look at the games played in the short amount of time. Look at the injuries. Look at the pool of players Conte actually trusts and uses. Look at the 'minutes in legs' of several of our squad who are absolutely in the red line. Add to that how Conte has a history of not doing overtly well without a week between games, and it is pretty easy to see where last night came from. I never once got the idea that they were either not trying or were mocking us at all.

No-one was 'mocking' anyone. Look at the games played in the short amount of time. Look at the injuries. Look at the pool of players Conte actually trusts and uses. Look at the 'minutes in legs' of several of our squad who are absolutely in the red line. Add to that how Conte has a history of not doing overtly well without a week between games, and it is pretty easy to see where last night came from. I never once got the idea that they were either not trying or were mocking us at all.

But given that other managers manage two matches per week, why can’t Conte? Is it the injuries? Not having time to get his ideas across effectively to the fringe players? It’s clearly something he has struggled with through his career and likely why he thrived at Chelsea when they didn’t have European competition and why people often say that his record in Europe is poor.

Whatever the reason, it needs to be improved upon going forwards. If we are to be successful then this will involve playing a higher number of matches and playing more double fixture weeks.

The year he won the title at Chelsea they had no European football and were out of the LC in the 4th round so had the bare minimum of midweek games to contend with

I think the problems we’re seeing with 2 games a week is less about fatigue and more about not having a full week on the training ground to prep his tactics for the specific opposition coming up. There were clear stats last year about how much better we performed with just one game a week, which was how we ended last season.
But most other teams are playing 2 games a week and are doing much better than us, it’s just excuses at this point. A world class manager should be able to adapt to various situations and still get the best out of his team.

Back