• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

But most other teams are playing 2 games a week and are doing much better than us, it’s just excuses at this point. A world class manager should be able to adapt to various situations and still get the best out of his team.

Have any clubs this season improved as the season goes on? (Without changing manager) My theory, without putting too much thought in to it, is that the teams which started well have managed to keep that rolling through the games coming thick & fast but those who struggled early on have not been able to get themselves out of patchy form

Have any clubs this season improved as the season goes on? (Without changing manager) My theory, without putting too much thought in to it, is that the teams which started well have managed to keep that rolling through the games coming thick & fast but those who struggled early on have not been able to get themselves out of patchy form
Leicester look a decent team again now.

Id say Saudi Sportswashing Machine look a different proposition now to the start of the season as well. Gone from good to very good.

under Conte last season we looked better as the season progressed (signings helped obvs)

Leicester look a decent team again now.

Id say Saudi Sportswashing Outfit look a different proposition now to the start of the season as well. Gone from good to very good.

under Conte last season we looked better as the season progressed (signings helped obvs)

Leicester is fair but i think Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been pretty consistent this season and have just started turning draws in to wins through finding a bit more joy scoring goals.

Specifically looking at clubs competing in Europe (extra midweek fixtures) i think my theory holds tight

Leicester is fair but i think Saudi Sportswashing Outfit have been pretty consistent this season and have just started turning draws in to wins through finding a bit more joy scoring goals.

Specifically looking at clubs competing in Europe (extra midweek fixtures) i think my theory holds tight

Think it's fair to say that that matches the definition of "improving".

But most other teams are playing 2 games a week and are doing much better than us, it’s just excuses at this point. A world class manager should be able to adapt to various situations and still get the best out of his team.

Bit of a difference playing the EL and CL. We're having to field our first team, Woolwich have been rotating much more than us in Europe.

Aside from City, the other CL teams are struggling more than us. Liverpool look spent compared to previous seasons and Chelsea also aren't setting the world alight. City also have an embarrassment of riches with their squad so that's hardly a surprise. I'll also point out that Chelsea went out of the LC like us (albeit to City) and Liverpool scraped past Derby at home on pens.

It's not an excuse. Players aren't robots. They can't just go out and charge about for two games a week. And Conte isn't a magician. Results wise, he's doing very well at the moment. I'm not going to judge the football until the fixture list settles down.

Conte is doing better than Klopp and Potter this season. They are the most reasonable managers to judge him against and they are both better resourced.

One part of that is subjective and the other is objective. By the objective measure, they've improved.

By the objective measure we're doing well, but the discussion is more nuanced than that.

Besides, doing well and then improving, as Saudi Sportswashing Machine have, still fits in to my point as when you're playing well you relish games coming thick and fast as it can feed in to that, as opposed to playing poorly

Last edited:
But given that other managers manage two matches per week, why can’t Conte? Is it the injuries? Not having time to get his ideas across effectively to the fringe players? It’s clearly something he has struggled with through his career and likely why he thrived at Chelsea when they didn’t have European competition and why people often say that his record in Europe is poor.

Whatever the reason, it needs to be improved upon going forwards. If we are to be successful then this will involve playing a higher number of matches and playing more double fixture weeks.

We are challenging Conte in new ways for sure. We either need to get him exactly what he wants, he needs to trust a larger pool of players, or we part ways. I want this to work because I think he wins, but we are different to anything he has ever managed.

The teams that are playing 2 games a week are those in Europe, everyone else is playing once a week. Of those in Europe, West Ham are near relegation, Liverpool are mid table, Man U and Chelsea have been inconsistent. All are below us. Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project are deservedly above us.

However having said that, I do agree with you that Conte should be doing a better job with our style of play. If he doesn’t have the time to set and drill the automations for that week then he should allow the players freedom on the pitch to make decisions.

The teams that are playing 2 games a week are those in Europe, everyone else is playing once a week. Of those in Europe, West Ham are near relegation, Liverpool are mid table, Man U and Chelsea have been inconsistent. All are below us. Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project are deservedly above us.

However having said that, I do agree with you that Conte should be doing a better job with our style of play. If he doesn’t have the time to set and drill the automations for that week then he should allow the players freedom on the pitch to make decisions.

It’s also in part why Saudi Sportswashing Machine are exceeding expectations as they are the best of the teams not playing in Europe.

West Ham perhaps?

The thing I remember most before he signed was that because of the prep that he puts into games he struggles with 2 games a week which was reflected at his previous teams.

He'll have to identify a way to fix this, and I have faith he will. Obviously the plan is trying to 'manage' halves should be binned, at least until well have players who make less mistakes.

Talk of sacking him is bonkers, Juventus, Chelsea then Inter taken to success, he talks about being here for the long term and some are calling for a manager who served up crap for 18 months (for various reasons).

Let the man work, we know he can put out a team that plays attractive football, so people saying he can't are just trying to put forward a narrative.

He should have rotated and rested way before now, played Richy from the left, dropped Son and Royal etc but we're still in a good position and the break will do us good, couple signings in Jan like last season and we'll kick on.

Bit of a difference playing the EL and CL. We're having to field our first team, Woolwich have been rotating much more than us in Europe.

Aside from City, the other CL teams are struggling more than us. Liverpool look spent compared to previous seasons and Chelsea also aren't setting the world alight. City also have an embarrassment of riches with their squad so that's hardly a surprise. I'll also point out that Chelsea went out of the LC like us (albeit to City) and Liverpool scraped past Derby at home on pens.

It's not an excuse. Players aren't robots. They can't just go out and charge about for two games a week. And Conte isn't a magician. Results wise, he's doing very well at the moment. I'm not going to judge the football until the fixture list settles down.

Conte is doing better than Klopp and Potter this season. They are the most reasonable managers to judge him against and they are both better resourced.
Both those clubs, like us have had major injury issues too. Arsenal haven’t, city have had a few but have a massive squad to allow for it, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have lost players at random times but you could guess the oakyere who are playing every week.
It makes a difference

No-one was 'mocking' anyone. Look at the games played in the short amount of time. Look at the injuries. Look at the pool of players Conte actually trusts and uses. Look at the 'minutes in legs' of several of our squad who are absolutely in the red line. Add to that how Conte has a history of not doing overtly well without a week between games, and it is pretty easy to see where last night came from. I never once got the idea that they were either not trying or were mocking us at all.

That doesn' t wash, Steff, because we are the only ones struggling this badly. No one - no one - is doing as atrociously as we are at the moment, European football or not, tired legs or not, thin squad or not.

Six other teams deal with European football and manage it much better than we do. Something is up with this lot.

The only plausible explanation I can think of for why they have essentially given up playing for large stretches of games is that somehow, the loss of GPV still haunts them. Fair enough, but you gotta make it clear if that's the case - say these players are still struggling to cope, because otherwise even Ali Gold, a notorious happy clapper, is now thoroughly tinkled off with Conte and is asking harsher questions (and btw, he didn' t buy that 'fatigue' excuse either).

That doesn' t wash, Steff, because we are the only ones struggling this badly. No one - no one - is doing as atrociously as we are at the moment, European football or not, tired legs or not, thin squad or not.

Six other teams deal with European football and manage it much better than we do. Something is up with this lot.

The only plausible explanation I can think of for why they have essentially given up playing for large stretches of games is that somehow, the loss of GPV still haunts them. Fair enough, but you gotta make it clear if that's the case - say these players are still struggling to cope, because otherwise even Ali Gold, a notorious happy clapper, is now thoroughly tinkled off with Conte and is asking harsher questions (and btw, he didn' t buy that 'fatigue' excuse either).

Liverpool and Chelsea are doing worse than us. Also, Potter's ppg since he took over is lower than ours this season.

Woolwich are in the EL which is easier from the point of view of rotation. West Ham are in the EL and near the relegation zone. Man U are in the EL, finished second in their group and are behind us.

By the objective measurement, Conte is managing us better than any of the other PL teams in Europe are being managed bar City who are playing on cheat mode and arguably Woolwich who don't have the same European demands as us.

Yet Emirates Marketing Project are the only Champions League club that are above us, the Goons don’t have to go full throttle in the Europa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine aren’t in Europe at all. I’m all for criticising performances but we are currently ahead of the majority of our rivals so it’s not as catastrophic as you’re making out….

What the actual….
We have lots of team in Europe below us.
They are okaying worse than us and even now Chelsea fans are calling for the managers head, the new guy… pool need the post World Cup PEDS to start running again… united are up and down
West Ham, they are tearing up the conference but toilet in the big league
You may want or think again with your comments mate because the facts here don’t support your view

Back