• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Liverpool and Chelsea are doing worse than us. Also, Potter's ppg since he took over is lower than ours this season.

Woolwich are in the EL which is easier from the point of view of rotation. West Ham are in the EL and near the relegation zone. Man U are in the EL, finished second in their group and are behind us.

By the objective measurement, Conte is managing us better than any of the other PL teams in Europe are being managed bar City who are playing on cheat mode and arguably Woolwich who don't have the same European demands as us.

This

Yet Emirates Marketing Project are the only Champions League club that are above us, the Goons don’t have to go full throttle in the Europa and Saudi Sportswashing Outfit aren’t in Europe at all. I’m all for criticising performances but we are currently ahead of the majority of our rivals so it’s not as catastrophic as you’re making out….

And this. Dubai is just having his regular bitch against Levy and the club.

Yet Emirates Marketing Project are the only Champions League club that are above us, the Goons don’t have to go full throttle in the Europa and Saudi Sportswashing Outfit aren’t in Europe at all. I’m all for criticising performances but we are currently ahead of the majority of our rivals so it’s not as catastrophic as you’re making out….

Because we started that way mate, not because we're playing that way now.

The exact same stuff came up with Mourinho - people cottoned on to how utterly disastrously we were playing in December, and pointed it out, but the rejoinder was 'we're top of the league'.

Didn't last, and our results caught up to us right quick - that abominable hoof merchant was gone a couple of months later.

Same thing is happening now. These past 8-10 games, we are statistically one of the worst sides in the league, if not the worst - we have been roundly beaten by both our ostensible rivals below us in United and Liverpool, and the only thing that stops us dropping like a stone is the fact that we staggered to some victories at the start. But that will not last if we keep playing like this.

Mark my words, seen it all with Mou not 2 years ago.

@Bedfordspurs - see above mate.

This

And this. Dubai is just having his regular bitch against Levy and the club.

You were one of the blokes who called Mourinho out early, weren't you? Can't be sure, but I think that was one of the rare things we agreed on.

Surely you see the parallels - it's concerningly identical right now, and like with Mou, what I want to see at this time are ideas from Conte to fix it, or to be clear about why his first team are so atrocious they lose to fudging bottom club Forest's second string when other clubs can, and are, doing better at managing this schedule than we have in Oct/Nov.

You were one of the blokes who called Mourinho out early, weren't you? Can't be sure, but I think that was one of the rare things we agreed on.

Surely you see the parallels - it's concerningly identical right now, and like with Mou, what I want to see at this time are ideas from Conte to fix it, or to be clear about why his first team are so atrocious they lose to fudging bottom club Forest's second string when other clubs can, and are, doing better at managing this schedule than we have in Oct/Nov.

No not me mate.

Because we started that way mate, not because we're playing that way now.

The exact same stuff came up with Mourinho - people cottoned on to how utterly disastrously we were playing in December, and pointed it out, but the rejoinder was 'we're top of the league'.

Didn't last, and our results caught up to us right quick - that abominable hoof merchant was gone a couple of months later.

Same thing is happening now. These past 8-10 games, we are statistically one of the worst sides in the league, if not the worst - we have been roundly beaten by both our ostensible rivals below us in United and Liverpool, and the only thing that stops us dropping like a stone is the fact that we staggered to some victories at the start. But that will not last if we keep playing like this.

Mark my words, seen it all with Mou not 2 years ago.

@Bedfordspurs - see above mate.
We can’t be
Chelsea havent win a game in some time under Potter
Forrest have won one game IIRC in recent months
There are a lot worse sides
United smashed us, I agree
Pool were very very lucky and we had an incompetent ref. We outplayed them and if I was a pool fan I’d be worried as their team reminded me of a pochs last team here

We can’t be
Chelsea havent win a game in some time under Potter
Forrest have won one game IIRC in recent months
There are a lot worse sides
United smashed us, I agree
Pool were very very lucky and we had an incompetent ref. We outplayed them and if I was a pool fan I’d be worried as their team reminded me of a pochs last team here
Chelsea haven’t won in 4 premier league games but still only 5 points behind us with a game in hand.

That doesn' t wash, Steff, because we are the only ones struggling this badly. No one - no one - is doing as atrociously as we are at the moment, European football or not, tired legs or not, thin squad or not.

Six other teams deal with European football and manage it much better than we do. Something is up with this lot.

The only plausible explanation I can think of for why they have essentially given up playing for large stretches of games is that somehow, the loss of GPV still haunts them. Fair enough, but you gotta make it clear if that's the case - say these players are still struggling to cope, because otherwise even Ali Gold, a notorious happy clapper, is now thoroughly tinkled off with Conte and is asking harsher questions (and btw, he didn' t buy that 'fatigue' excuse either).

I am firm in my belief I am right. Let's see in May shall we?

That doesn' t wash, Steff, because we are the only ones struggling this badly. No one - no one - is doing as atrociously as we are at the moment, European football or not, tired legs or not, thin squad or not.

Six other teams deal with European football and manage it much better than we do. Something is up with this lot.

The only plausible explanation I can think of for why they have essentially given up playing for large stretches of games is that somehow, the loss of GPV still haunts them. Fair enough, but you gotta make it clear if that's the case - say these players are still struggling to cope, because otherwise even Ali Gold, a notorious happy clapper, is now thoroughly tinkled off with Conte and is asking harsher questions (and btw, he didn' t buy that 'fatigue' excuse either).

BTW, I find the phrase 'happy clapper' pretty egregious TBH. What is a 'happy clapper'? Someone who doesn't jump on the internet slagging pony and might have a different view and perspective? OK then. A few weeks back, on our pod, I raised the fact I felt Ventrone's death had left Conte floored and that he was struggling...I trust you saw yesterday's comments?

Back