• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Will Antonio Conte continue coaching those players that don’t go to the World Cup over the next couple of months? I assume he will and that they won’t just get time off. It’s never happened before so there isn’t a precedent. But this could give the likes of Spence a chance to step up training and force a way in to the team for when the Premier League returns. Will be interesting how much, if at all, this impacts on Conte’s team selections after the World Cup.

We may need to give those who went to the Tournament a bit of time to come back, or at least rotate the squad more often to ensure that they stay fresh.

I'm assuming there will be training. Probably somewhat limited what we can work on with a lot of players missing. But should be an opportunity for one or two that stay behind to work their way up Conte's list of players he trusts.

I feel like this club is CLOSE to great things. As conte gets the entire squad he wants, and they learn his style, we could really do something.
As far as I can recall, and I could well be mistaken, apart from Manure, we haven’t been entirely woeful for a whole game.

add some players, lose some mistakes, play with high intensity before half time and whom knows…

I feel like this club is CLOSE to great things. As conte gets the entire squad he wants, and they learn his style, we could really do something.
As far as I can recall, and I could well be mistaken, apart from Manure, we haven’t been entirely woeful for a whole game.

add some players, lose some mistakes, play with high intensity before half time and whom knows…
The team is close to be very very good
Seeing players like Bentacur join and get better is so good to see
But…. We have to cut the losses and move weaker starters to squad players
That’s how we step up
Look at Arsenal.. 2 new arrivals (one who was out on loan for 2 years) and no injuries to the first 11 makes a BIG difference. Their actual summer signings only one has really played so it’s about the churn and refresh with better players for the system

The team is close to be very very good
Seeing players like Bentacur join and get better is so good to see
But…. We have to cut the losses and move weaker starters to squad players
That’s how we step up
Look at Arsenal.. 2 new arrivals (one who was out on loan for 2 years) and no injuries to the first 11 makes a BIG difference. Their actual summer signings only one has really played so it’s about the churn and refresh with better players for the system
Exactly. And even consider that Jesus - perhaps the best striker in the history of the sport - hasn’t scored in 9 or 10 games.

Conte on the fan's role:

"I think the fans played an important role [in the second half]. The fans have to understand that in every moment, especially in the difficult moments, they have to play with us," Conte said to SpursPlay.

"They have to understand that. I understand that the fans want to win and they want to win trophies, but at the same time I have to be honest with the fans. We need to go through our process and with our process we need time and patience.

"If we have time and patience and we are all enthusiastic then it will be good also to continue and to do it in the future. If we think that are ready, we are already ready, to win then I think it's not simple.

"I like to be honest and for this reason they have to stay close in every moment to our players, to our team, because the effort is a big effort we are doing, especially in this period. We don't have four important players and to lose four important players is different for Tottenham compared to other teams, the top teams, because you feel this.

"We are trying to manage the situation in the best possible way and sometimes you have to find the right balance. Tonight the performance was really good. The players gave me everything on the pitch and I think our fans appreciated that a lot, the effort that we did."

He added: "I'm working with my staff and my players a lot. This is the only assurance that I can give in this moment to our fans. Then if you ask me to promise other situations then only big, big work to do the best for this club, because this club deserves the best."

The key line in that was "if we have time and patience and we are all enthusiastic then it will be good also to continue and to do it in the future". Conte appeared to be suggesting that if the fans back him and his team then he'll be happy to see this project through but if they don't then he might just head off into the sunset

Conte on the fan's role:

"I think the fans played an important role [in the second half]. The fans have to understand that in every moment, especially in the difficult moments, they have to play with us," Conte said to SpursPlay.

"They have to understand that. I understand that the fans want to win and they want to win trophies, but at the same time I have to be honest with the fans. We need to go through our process and with our process we need time and patience.

"If we have time and patience and we are all enthusiastic then it will be good also to continue and to do it in the future. If we think that are ready, we are already ready, to win then I think it's not simple.

"I like to be honest and for this reason they have to stay close in every moment to our players, to our team, because the effort is a big effort we are doing, especially in this period. We don't have four important players and to lose four important players is different for Tottenham compared to other teams, the top teams, because you feel this.

"We are trying to manage the situation in the best possible way and sometimes you have to find the right balance. Tonight the performance was really good. The players gave me everything on the pitch and I think our fans appreciated that a lot, the effort that we did."

He added: "I'm working with my staff and my players a lot. This is the only assurance that I can give in this moment to our fans. Then if you ask me to promise other situations then only big, big work to do the best for this club, because this club deserves the best."

The key line in that was "if we have time and patience and we are all enthusiastic then it will be good also to continue and to do it in the future". Conte appeared to be suggesting that if the fans back him and his team then he'll be happy to see this project through but if they don't then he might just head off into the sunset

He is not wrong, lets hope some of the MUPPETS who booed some of our players off at half time start putting what brains they have into use. Being unhappy with performances is one thing actually BOOING you own players is macaronic.

He is not wrong, lets hope some of the MUPPETS who booed some of our players off at half time start putting what brains they have into use. Being unhappy with performances is one thing actually BOOING you own players is macaronic.

I don't understand how grownup people seem unable to grasp a very basic concept like that. They've got to ask themselves: 62k people watching something you do - do you think you'll perform better with those people's support or if they boo you? But then again, people are fudging thick.

I don't understand how grownup people seem unable to grasp a very basic concept like that. They've got to ask themselves: 62k people watching something you do - do you think you'll perform better with those people's support or if they boo you? But then again, people are fudging thick.
Booing is odd but also a Tottenham and arsenal thing
I’ve seen spurs fan main where we’re 4 up if a player misplaces a pass
I’ve seen spurs fan moan about a player not on the pitch
I’ve heard players get jeered warning up
The problem with booing aorta form the fact it doesn’t actually translate into an improvement is it sounds like a majority even if it’s a minority that are doing it
It wasn’t loud on Sunday but the reports were that it was … we then look stupid as a fan base

It is obvious that in general, usually, in the majority, the moaning means "Come on, stop sitting back and waiting to be beat, push forwards, don't keep turning back and chickening out, run with the ball, make progress, push forwards like we know you can".

We don't have a direct line to Conte. We read his press conferences but we cannot talk to him directly, other than to make ourselves heard if we disagree with something.

It was the same way when trying to get rid of Gerry Francis or GGG or Santini or Ramos, the boos and moans were to say "stop playing that player, stop using that formation, stop playing with such negativity, to dare is to do"

It was the same when trying to get rid of Mourinho and Nuno.
It is the way fans let their feelings be known.

I don't like him.

If he can't understand why people are moaning then he does not understand football.

Personally I don't care about us winning but I do want to see us have a go.

I don't understand how we plan on winning matches. Do we sit back and defend because the players have no idea what to do going forward?

How can you play so many defensive players and give up 2-0 leads every fudging week.
Can't defend for brick and have no fudging patterns of play going forward.
We were actually better to watch under Mourinho, and that is not a knee jerk reaction.
Conte stumbled in to playing 5 at the back after getting embarrassed at Chelsea and got lucky when it clicked for them.
Please can he stumble into playing 4 at the back as surely he must be embarrassed by this. I am.
What's the point in all those defenders of we can't defend and have no fudging clue how to attack.
GHod I hate this brick

Unless we sign some world class players to fit his system then there's no point in keeping Conte.
It's getting to the definition of insanity watching this brick each week
Agreed . Dier , Sanchez , Davies all still getting games is one of our problems. They were never really good enough and are still not. Need a lot to do squad wise.

Tonight's performance was truly shocking - perhaps as bad as any under Nuno, Jose or the last 18 months of Poch's tenure.
And in the circumstances much more worrying: we played an almost full-strength team yet we got SCHOOLED by the RESERVES of the PL's bottom side.

Conte has had more backing than any Spurs manager in the past, he has had a full preseason yet the football seems to have generally regressed when you look at all the games overall. I start to wonder if Conte's methods have simply been found out over time....

Yes, he has one or two poor defenders, but he also has some very good attackers...ZERO excuses for today's performance and actually for a lot of our limp performances. Before anyone says fatigue for us and other clubs in Europe, he didn't have to play a full team tonight...

Back