• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Conte: "We are doing everything to change situation but it's not enough. Four defeats out of five is not good enough. This doesn't happen to me.
"Maybe I'm not so good. Tottenham called me to change things but I'm too honest."

More weird post match comments. Maybe I’m not so good . Really why sulk . He said patience is needed himself .
We have broken him!

Conte: "We are doing everything to change situation but it's not enough. Four defeats out of five is not good enough. This doesn't happen to me.
"Maybe I'm not so good. Tottenham called me to change things but I'm too honest."

More weird post match comments. Maybe I’m not so good . Really why sulk . He said patience is needed himself .

its self deprecating humour, it takes an arrogance to do that job, he thinks he's really good

nothing of concern imo, just more data for him

its self deprecating humour, it takes an arrogance to do that job, he thinks he's really good

nothing of concern imo, just more data for him
Seems like he’s asking for the sack. Players remain the same results don’t change and so on.

All very negative.

More weird post match comments. Maybe I’m not so good . Really why sulk . He said patience is needed himself . He’s not showing any This doesn’t happen to me. Welcome to Spurs .

I wouldn't read to much into anything he says after a defeat, he will be hurting.

Jesus I like the bloke but his public utterances are becoming a bit of a problem. You can make excuses like language barrier or slip of the tongue but it's every time something goes wrong now he says something to set the media and supporters off.

There's a lot of Conte-driven smoke and that usually indicates a fire.

At least give Son and Kulu a chance to support Kane. We were playing 7 across the back with 2 CMs on their laps against Burnley.

I think Kulu has been good, Son needs a kick up the arse, he's been brick, for ages now, Kane is Jekyll & Hyde, he was very poor tonight, after singlehandedly beating City at the weekend.

One of those two should be enough, both should be a guarantee.

Jesus I like the bloke but his public utterances are becoming a bit of a problem. You can make excuses like language barrier or slip of the tongue but it's every time something goes wrong now he says something to set the media and supporters off.

I don't think so, I like his honesty.

I liked it from Jose too, for some reason, some find it more palatable from Conte.

Sam Matterface just tweeted that Conte suggested he was going to quit. Probably nonsense but his sulky post match comments give rise to all the media rubbish we will now get for a few days. Not good for the players.

More weird post match comments. Maybe I’m not so good . Really why sulk . He said patience is needed himself . He’s not showing any This doesn’t happen to me. Welcome to Spurs .

He's also said we need to suffer if we lose. This is him suffering.

I don't think so, I like his honesty.

I liked it from Jose too, for some reason, some find it more palatable from Conte.

This isn't just some naive rookie saying it as it is. He knows the game. He knows how the media work. Listen to what he's saying. There's a problem.

I'm slightly paraphrasing but The Athletic are reporting "In this club they always change the coach and not the players. The players are the same but the results don't change" and "if we continue this way, we can finish 10th, 12th, 13th the same way that when I arrive here."

The guy is also talking openly about his own future perhaps not being with us. If alarm bells aren't going off, you're not paying attention.

This feels like a bit of a pivotal moment.

Sam Matterface just tweeted that Conte suggested he was going to quit. Probably nonsense but his sulky post match give rise to all the media rubbish we will now get for a few days. Not good for the players.

not an issue imo, he speaks directly to them, they know how it works

Would you rather he be all smiles after a loss? He hates losing. Good.

I'm slightly paraphrasing but The Athletic are reporting "In this club they always change the coach and not the players. The players are the same but the results don't change" and "if we continue this way, we can finish 10th, 12th, 13th the same way that when I arrive here."

Good. Hope he keeps going, tbh - more home truths, in more media, more frequently.

This isn't just some naive rookie saying it as it is. He knows the game. He knows how the media work. Listen to what he's saying. There's a problem.

The guy is also talking openly about his own future perhaps not being with us. If alarm bells aren't going off, you're not paying attention.

yeah, we know that, some of the players are clams, they've got three managers fired by "being clams"

we've changed the structure of the club, I'm confident Levy will handle things differently this time, that's why we have Paratici, that's why Nuno was kicked out long before his record justified it, and why we've hired Conte

Levy has realised the mistake he made getting rid of Jose so quickly, the same way he learned from binning AVB too early, which probably was why we gave Poch so much time in the hope he'd turn it around

he's using the media to send messages, up and down

yeah, we know that, some of the players are clams, they've got three managers fired by "being clams"

we've changed the structure of the club, I'm confident Levy will handle things differently this time, that's why we have Paratici, that's why Nuno was kicked out long before his record justified it, and why we've hired Conte

Levy has realised the mistake he made getting rid of Jose so quickly, the same way he learned from binning AVB too early, which probably was why we gave Poch so much time in the hope he'd turn it around

he's using the media to send messages, up and down

I hope you're right. Conte walks before the summer and there will be anarchy. Club will be a laughing stock, lose a lot of credibility within the game, Levy has nowhere else to go in terms of managers and the players will be wondering WTF is going on. The atmosphere at the stadium will be beyond poisonous.

Whatever is going on, Levy has got to do everything reasonably possible to keep Conte happy.

He is right though.

Goals are our problem. We have a goal difference of -1. We are totally reliant on Kane and Son. Virtually no goals from wingbacks, support forwards, central midfielders or defenders (from corners or free kicks). When have we scored three or more goals within 90 minutes . At least with much maligned Mourinho we scored 6 at old trafford and stuffed Burnley for five. That season we had a very respectable goal difference.

Our wingbacks offer nothing at present. They have no pace, no trickery, can't beat a man, can't get to the by-line and on the rare occasions they do, can't deliver a decent cross. Wingbacks are our achilles heal. I am not surprised that Conte wanted Traore and Diaz. These guys offer pace, trickery and game changing moments. We don't have that from our wingbacks at the moment. Far from it. Sess is frightened of his own shadow and Royal gets into some decent positions and then fluffs his line. Really really poor from supposedly top footballers.

Would you rather he be all smiles after a loss? He hates losing. Good.

No of course not. There are a lot of options in between those two extremes. What he's saying is stuff you don't hear from managers who are happy in their job or see things working out the way they want. Did you ever hear Klopp saying this stuff even in his first season when Liverpool were finishing 8th?

What he's saying indicates a pretty deep problem. Will it cause him to walk? fudge knows. If I was a betting man, I'd say no. But I know it's not good.

He should tell the media how disappointed he is and that we should be doing better. Anything beyond that, he should be keeping behind closed doors. This fella isn't a rookie, he knows what he's doing by saying this stuff.

Back