• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I really despair about some supporters on here i really do, we have just appointed one of the best managers in the game yet we have those who still have to bitch, moan and cast doubt about what is going to happen.

Miserable sods and you wonder do they ever have a good day. Welcome Conte i never thought we would be in a posistion to employ someone who is so highly rated in a lot of countries and still has the hunger to win more.

Welcome. Optimistic about this one.

No complaints about Conte, others could have been good too, but none clearly better at this time that we could have gotten imo.

Reactions: DTA
I'm just relishing the here and now and enjoying feeling excited about watching Spurs again. Getting Conte is a real coup. Time enough to worry about transfers in January. We've got 14 games, PL and cups, between now and the window opening. That gives Conte a good amount of time to see what he has to work with, where the gaps are, who needs moving on etc. What level of activity we see in January will be in part dependent on which of Conte's and Paratici's targets are available. Spending big isn't the same as spending wisely, and we may have to wait until the summer for any meaningful changes. That doesn't automatically mean he isn't being backed if things are slow in January.

No compensation required - it's an 18 month contract which gets automatically extended another 12 months when he qualifies for the CL.

If he doesn't qualify, it doesn't get extended.
From what I can see it is rare that our managers actually finish the season before getting their marching orders.... Of our last umpteen:

Santini - nope
Jol - nope
Ramos - nope
Redknapp - yes
AVB - nope
Sherwood - yes
Poch - nope
Mourinho - nope
Nuno - nope

I don't think Feb 1, 2022 will make any difference. Whether we believe it or not, we're one of the big boys now. Underperforming big boys, but big boys nevertheless.

Stop being deluded and fickle..I hate to say it but were not big boys..were not anything until we start winning trophies..

I'd echo what a lot have said already - this guy is a seasoned winner, based on a model of spending big, winning and then leaving. If this is a signal that the 60,000 a week in the stadium means we can fund a £150m summer year after year, at long last, then this appointment may work. If its just going to be bargain basement wheeling dealing akin to Arnesen rather than signing players for now, then it will fail, and to quote that bloke standing sideways in Titanic "she will surely sink".

A couple of things come to mind - this lad Sarr we have bought - I wonder if we can get him over sooner as he sounds like the right kind of deep lying player Conte likes. The second is, for everyone who is citing February 2022 as being when we should decide if this has worked - think again - January is a terrible time to buy players - for every Tevez and Mascherano there are 10 Demba Ba's and Salomon Rondons. Between now and the end of the season its about scouting and identifying the players that Conte wants, getting the deals signed early in summer window, and giving the gaffer the chance to mould his team.

Tottenham 2022/23 will be far better than 2021/22, mark my words!

January deals can and have been done so i don't buy this idea that Conte has come now and not in the summer because he expects us only to sign players next summer...

He will have come because

a) he believes he will be backed to turn this squad into trophy-winners (and didn't believe we were willing to last summer)
b) he sees enough to work on now with some changes to be done in January 2022 (otherwise why not wait for other bigger jobs)

I'm not saying i expect £100M+ spent in January; i'm saying i expect one or two key acquisitions to be brought in for Conte and not hear about having talks with x or y player that he wants/needs and it falling down due to 'differences in terms of payment structure', 'the agents were changing the goalposts constantly' or 'January is traditionally a hard month to do business" etc etc and instead we sign an equivalent of Jack Clarke before loaning said player back to their championship club...

January deals can and have been done so i don't buy this idea that Conte has come now and not in the summer because he expects us only to sign players next summer...

a) he believes he will be backed to turn this squad into trophy-winners (and didn't believe we were willing to last summer)
b) he sees enough to work on now with some changes to be done in January 2022 (otherwise why not wait for other bigger jobs)

I'm not saying i expect £100M+ spent in January; i'm saying i expect one or two key acquisitions to be brought in for Conte and not hear about having talks with x or y player that he wants/needs and it falling down due to 'differences in terms of payment structure', 'the agents were changing the goalposts constantly' or 'January is traditionally a hard month to do business" etc etc and instead we sign an equivalent of Jack Clarke before loaning said player back to their championship club...

There are a lot of players fromserie a out of contract next summer. I expect us to go for a couple in jan on the cheap.

There are a lot of players fromserie a out of contract next summer. I expect us to go for a couple in jan on the cheap.

Yeah, me too.

If we can get a solid CM who is also a playmaker that would be good plus a left-sided CB.

No to Franck Kessie though..

I really despair about some supporters on here i really do, we have just appointed one of the best managers in the game yet we have those who still have to bitch, moan and cast doubt about what is going to happen.

Miserable sods and you wonder do they ever have a good day. Welcome Conte i never thought we would be in a posistion to employ someone who is so highly rated in a lot of countries and still has the hunger to win more.

I'm usually one of the grumpiest fudges around, but off my tits on Conte joining. He's a class manager NOW. Don't get me wrong, i'm fuming we just didn't do it in the Summer.

But Conte, jeez. I also think 3-5-2 is tailor made for our team. Sooner he gets on the training pitch to work with the squad the better.

Lots of football "fans" have low self esteem and see themselves as victims when they dont get instant gratification.

From what I can see it is rare that our managers actually finish the season before getting their marching orders.... Of our last umpteen:

Santini - nope
Jol - nope
Ramos - nope
Redknapp - yes
AVB - nope
Sherwood - yes
Poch - nope
Mourinho - nope
Nuno - nope
There may be a small amount of compensation required if we don't wait the season out, but this makes a lot of sense. Short contracts with rolling extensions based on CL qualification. There will never be a large payout that way.

Agreed. Conte will have a big pull on players, especially ones based in Italy.
Our DoF is also Italian with excellent contacts over there.

There are also a number of players currently in Italy who will have 6 months left on their deals this January and can agree a pre-contract deal with an overseas club....
CB: Romagnoli (AC Milan), Felipe (Lazio), Palomino (Atalanta)
DM: Brozovic (Inter)
CM: Freuler (Atalanta), Kessie (AC Milan), Vecino (Inter)
ST: Belotti (Torino), Dybala (Juventus)
LW: Insigne (Napoli), Boga (Sassulo), Perisic (Inter)
RW: Bernardeschi (Juventus)

I think our DoF will get some of those done on pre-contracts with the combination of Conte and the PL being a big pull for the player and then get to work on persuading their club to sell for a reasonable fee six months early. It wouldn't surprise me to see us get as many as 4 of these players overall and manage to get 2 or 3 of them in this January

There may be a small amount of compensation required if we don't wait the season out, but this makes a lot of sense. Short contracts with rolling extensions based on CL qualification. There will never be a large payout that way.
I agree with you... Though I'm not too sure how many of the better managers would agree to that sort of contract.

Chuffed about this, feels massive. We've been pretty rudderless for a while and I was really feeling like the year on year improvements under ENIC and the new dawn that the stadium seemed to offer had been for nothing.
Levy has made some big mistakes the last 3 years but fair do's he's been decisive this time and feels like an admission of previous mistakes which is ballsy.
Wooohooo we're on the road again COYS!!!!

Agreed. Conte will have a big pull on players, especially ones based in Italy.
Our DoF is also Italian with excellent contacts over there.

There are also a number of players currently in Italy who will have 6 months left on their deals this January and can agree a pre-contract deal with an overseas club....
CB: Romagnoli (AC Milan), Felipe (Lazio), Palomino (Atalanta)
DM: Brozovic (Inter)
CM: Freuler (Atalanta), Kessie (AC Milan), Vecino (Inter)
ST: Belotti (Torino), Dybala (Juventus)
LW: Insigne (Napoli), Boga (Sassulo), Perisic (Inter)
RW: Bernardeschi (Juventus)

I think our DoF will get some of those done on pre-contracts with the combination of Conte and the PL being a big pull for the player and then get to work on persuading their club to sell for a reasonable fee six months early. It wouldn't surprise me to see us get as many as 4 of these players overall and manage to get 2 or 3 of them in this January

That would be very interesting indeed...

I don't understand why some bother following football at all. If you can't take enjoyment out of days like this what's the point?
Yes, it may fall flat on it's face in the future but worry about that when it happens, enjoy the moment now.

Back