• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Not neccesaily, but if you bring in a man like Conte and still act like you have a Poch/Nuno/Potter then it's all for show and not really a serious move of intent or ambition
Look, the club and the Dof and the manager will know the budget. Conte would never of signed unless he got what he wanted.

Now the two highly skilled highly paid men go off and prove their worth. If they fail, they fail. If they say we needed more, they lied the day they signed.

Look, the club and the Dof and the manager will know the budget. Conte would never of signed unless he got what he wanted.

Now the two highly skilled highly paid men go off and prove their worth. If they fail, they fail. If they say we needed more, they lied the day they signed.

As i say, we said similar when Jose joined "he wouldn't have joined if we didn't have a budget, yada, yada"

Let's revisit on February 1st. If the January window is no different to January 2020 (i.e. not getting a type of player manager needs, expected etc) then we will know that Levy/ENIC have likely sold Conte a pack of fibs pretending that they have lofty ambitions and a budget to suit...
Time will tell:)

So, seeing as he's been appointed now - he's taking charge against Vitesse, of course? I got tickets to a hockey match on Thursday, but would rather watch us now. :p

I guess some of us have been heavily scarred by the past. But you are allowed to have some hope and give credit for positive things when they do happen. Let’s not moan about the investment in future transfer windows before they have even opened!

Conte is a massive coup. If he’d ended up at any of the teams that finished above us we’d be jealous. I’m sure there are at least a couple of clubs fans who now feel the same.
We must have made some assurances regarding investment to him and we have a DoF he’s worked with before. It’s a day to be very positive!

Last edited:
As i say, we said similar when Jose joined "he wouldn't have joined if we didn't have a budget, yada, yada"

Let's revisit on February 1st. If the January window is no different to January 2020 (i.e. not getting a type of player manager needs, expected etc) then we will know that Levy/ENIC have likely sold Conte a pack of fibs pretending that they have lofty ambitions and a budget to suit...
They will know the budget now FFS.

It will be X amount plus do what the fudge you like with the squad. Sell who you want and use the proceeds.

That is the structure now in place.

I know it pays to be cynical with us most of the time but I’d go as far to say that January isn’t really the time to judge, its a difficult time for any club to make big changes and not a good time to sell - it’s the summer window where I think we’ll see if things have really changed budget / approach wise.

Wasn't Ndombele wanted by Conte for Inter?
Bit harsh to have the likes of Bergwijn and Sanchez in there and NOT Dele...but i take your point...

Its not about talent, its attitude and mentality.
I really like Sanchez, but not sure he has what it takes for a conte team.

Swithered on dele tbh, he has shown that he can knuckle down and work for team, but will he do it again? Will he feel his future is best served elsewhere?

Jose spent £123m on signings.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jos...rainer/781/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=247052

I guess some of us have been heavily scarred by the past. But you are allowed to have some hope and give credit for positive things when they do happen. Let’s not moan about the investment in future transfer windows before they have even opened!

Conte is a massive coup. If he’d ended up at any of the teams that finished above us we’d be jealous. I’m sure there are at least a couple of clubs fans who now feel the same.
We must have made some assurances regarding investment to him and we have a DoF he’s worked with before. It’s a day to be very positive!

In spirit you are correct....but as you say, it's a movie that been seen before.
I'm enjoying the envy of other fans, but i will wait until we actually SEE the club hierarchy act like they have employed one of the biggest coaches in the world.

Looking forwards to the few days at least before the international football break/circus at least.

Yes, but as i say didn't get a number 9 in January 2020 when a) Kane was injured and b) he admitted that his coaching or methods was reliant on him getting a number 9.
Tbh, @Grays_1890 gave some ITK in the summer window after that (and lockdown) that suggested even that spending was in knee-jerk to how we performed in our first game of the season at home to Everton when we lost, so again the jury is out on how proactive our transfer business was under Jose...

I think the appointment of Conte is a testament to the work Levy has been doing over the past 20 years to elevate the club to a position that, not only can afford a manager like Conte, but also said manager is willing to join us. Levy still has his faults, but credit where it's due.

Back