• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I'll be having a pint and a little spliff tonight celebrating this - buzzing about Spurs again. What a lovely feeling. Good things to come, folks! :D

F**king buzzing too. Looked at trying to get to Leeds but have my kids that weekend and I could bring them both but she hates football and the flights are silly money. Have a ticket for that one, if anyone fancies it, PM me. Would rather see the seat taken than empty.

Had booked Brentford for the Wednesday night but the f**kers changed it to Thursday. Was going to just leave it and write it off after the last few weeks. This has me excited like a kid on Christmas Eve so just booked flights and hotel for the Thursday.

We're back baby...

Ill sit on the fence with levy, he must back this manager without getting involved then ... it will be a start.
yep though if you think about it paratici eventually got what he wanted. who knows maybe the change has already begun.

i'm glad we got conte instead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine or man u.
that man u game loss turned out to be a good thing for us, especially if solsjkaer stays on longer

fudge me. I left the stadium on Saturday completely disillusioned with Levy and with the club. For the first time, I wanted Levy out. What an appointment. I can only figure he's given Conte some assurances on budget.

To get the best available manager in world football is a huge statement. That we have the balls to go for him and he has the balls to come here. I'm thrilled. Only Poch would have made me happier and I'm not sure how much of that is sentiment.

I know we've been down this road before with AVB and Jose but this feels different. This feels like a genuinely top manager, who will take no brick, at the peak of his powers.

Levy, you've pulled me back in you bald, evil little genius.
Echoes my thoughts entirely. I have been a staunch Levy fan, but this weekend I thought he’d lost me. And the same re Poch.

I need TP for my bunghole!

I'd echo what a lot have said already - this guy is a seasoned winner, based on a model of spending big, winning and then leaving. If this is a signal that the 60,000 a week in the stadium means we can fund a £150m summer year after year, at long last, then this appointment may work. If its just going to be bargain basement wheeling dealing akin to Arnesen rather than signing players for now, then it will fail, and to quote that bloke standing sideways in Titanic "she will surely sink".

A couple of things come to mind - this lad Sarr we have bought - I wonder if we can get him over sooner as he sounds like the right kind of deep lying player Conte likes. The second is, for everyone who is citing February 2022 as being when we should decide if this has worked - think again - January is a terrible time to buy players - for every Tevez and Mascherano there are 10 Demba Ba's and Salomon Rondons. Between now and the end of the season its about scouting and identifying the players that Conte wants, getting the deals signed early in summer window, and giving the gaffer the chance to mould his team.

Tottenham 2022/23 will be far better than 2021/22, mark my words!

January could be good for pre-contract agreements in readiness for the summer though

Maybe Conte is a true competitor to the point he has taken a job in the hardest league to succeed in with a second tier club to test himself. If so I doff my hat.

van Gaal actually did that. He'd won everything at Barca and Ajax, so actively decided to test himself next by seeing if he could do the same with a nobody club. He did - he won the league with AZ Alkmaar.

I don't understand why some bother following football at all. If you can't take enjoyment out of days like this what's the point?
Yes, it may fall flat on it's face in the future but worry about that when it happens, enjoy the moment now.

Maybe to protect themselves a bit against future disappointment? Or to be able to claim they saw it coming if the worst happens?

F**king buzzing too. Looked at trying to get to Leeds but have my kids that weekend and I could bring them both but she hates football and the flights are silly money. Have a ticket for that one, if anyone fancies it, PM me. Would rather see the seat taken than empty.

Had booked Brentford for the Wednesday night but the f**kers changed it to Thursday. Was going to just leave it and write it off after the last few weeks. This has me excited like a kid on Christmas Eve so just booked flights and hotel for the Thursday.

We're back baby...
Where’s home for you?

Back