• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I know it pays to be cynical with us most of the time but I’d go as far to say that January isn’t really the time to judge, its a difficult time for any club to make big changes and not a good time to sell - it’s the summer window where I think we’ll see if things have really changed budget / approach wise.

Yes, like always..and the excuses are already laid out lol.

Does ANYONE actually think Conte will say "i'll take the job now, you want me to get top 4 but won't really spend until the summer?"
Me neither...

Its not about talent, its attitude and mentality.
I really like Sanchez, but not sure he has what it takes for a conte team.

Swithered on dele tbh, he has shown that he can knuckle down and work for team, but will he do it again? Will he feel his future is best served elsewhere?

Fair enough

I think the appointment of Conte is a testament to the work Levy has been doing over the past 20 years to elevate the club to a position that, not only can afford a manager like Conte, but also said manager is willing to join us. Levy still has his faults, but credit where it's due.

I really want to like this statement...but it feels like dejavu...let's revisit on 1st February 2022...:)

Ill sit on the fence with levy, he must back this manager without getting involved then ... it will be a start.

I don’t think we could have done any better than this. I just hope his combustible nature doesn’t explode straight away. He has to deal with the Kane situation which is incredibly hard. Plus Levy. Maybe we will swap him with PSG’s manager in 18 months. After Saturday I was completely uninterested in the season and this has certainly fired it back up.

after initially being skeptical of hiring Conte. I read into all the chat that he was a boring defensive manager. Then when I really looked into how his teams set up etc, goals, fitness and working to the players strengths I started to get on board. Now whilst not being excited, I have more hope for this season than I had. Watching spurs had become painful. Such bad play, lots of useless possession and then leaking goals all over.

I dont buy into the way we sign players either. I still think we tend to sign too many at a time. I very much like Romero and warming up to Royale. But Gil and Gollini we will see I suppose. I would rather we went for quality over quantity. Sign one really good midfielder for example and work with the rest. We have some good youth players. I hope they still get to play. Skipp, Tanganga have shown they can be as good as any mediocre euro players. German teams have shown if you give them a chance they will flourish. That mixed in with Some star players.

I have some hope again. I feel sorry for Nuno in a way. But we was going backwards and all the stats of our play and fitness are appalling. Hopefully he can get Kane working again, he got booed Sunday. We see a player not working hard.

Yes, but as i say didn't get a number 9 in January 2020 when a) Kane was injured and b) he admitted that his coaching or methods was reliant on him getting a number 9.
Tbh, @Grays_1890 gave some ITK in the summer window after that (and lockdown) that suggested even that spending was in knee-jerk to how we performed in our first game of the season at home to Everton when we lost, so again the jury is out on how proactive our transfer business was under Jose...

Our recruitment has been bad for the last 4 or 5 years. But the last couple money has been available. Just not spent well.

Conte has probably demanded more though.

A tactical mindset both on and off the pitch

Antonio Conte has been appointed as the new Tottenham Hotspur manager on Tuesday morning after they sacked Nuno Espirito Santo on an 18-month deal.

But while we all speculate about what players will play where and whether we are about to see him transform Lucas Moura into the best right wing-back in the league, Conte has his own plans to revolutionise the club.

Anyone who is familiar to Conte's style will know that he is regimented in his ways. He has set policies and it appears that also wants certain rules implemented off the pitch too.

During his time at Inter Milan, the Italian did an interview with French outlet L'Equipe in which he talked about the importance of his players limiting the amount of physical work on their bodies, in particular, in the bedroom.

Conte spoke of how he actively encourages his players to make sure their wives to 'go on top' so that there is no pressure on them to perform in the run up to big matches.

He said: "I explain to the players how they should have sex ... in the periods of competition, the intercourse should not last long and they should be on the bottom.

"During spells of matches the players should not have sexual relations that last for long periods.

"They need to make as little effort as possible. The best position for them is if their partners go on top.

"And it is preferable that they are with their own wives. That way they are not obliged to put in an exceptional performance."

His advice clearly works given he has plenty of accolades to showcase that his method is a reliable one. Conte also isn't the only other world class manager to have the same mindset.

Emirates Marketing Project boss Pep Guardiola also feels the same saying that it's "impossible to play good football if you don't make sex with your partner."

If Spurs suddenly have another downturn in form this season, we'll know the reasons why.

Clearly the recipe for success there, but also likely means Dele won't feature too often...:)

In which case we need to quickly start providing a top 4 budget to our manager otherwise we'll be paying lots of money in sacking compensation going forward.
No compensation required - it's an 18 month contract which gets automatically extended another 12 months when he qualifies for the CL.

If he doesn't qualify, it doesn't get extended.

I really want to like this statement...but it feels like dejavu...let's revisit on 1st February 2022...:)
I don't think Feb 1, 2022 will make any difference. Whether we believe it or not, we're one of the big boys now. Underperforming big boys, but big boys nevertheless.

How would he potentially have us lined up? Something like:

-------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------
----------Romero----------------Sanchez---------------------Dier---------
Royal----------------------------------------------------------------Reguilon
--------------Ndombele---------Hojbjerg---------Lo Celso---------------
----------------------Kane---------------------Son---------------------------

We'd need a DM in place of Hojberg i think

Maybe Conte is a true competitor to the point he has taken a job in the hardest league to succeed in with a second tier club to test himself. If so I doff my hat.

I'd echo what a lot have said already - this guy is a seasoned winner, based on a model of spending big, winning and then leaving. If this is a signal that the 60,000 a week in the stadium means we can fund a £150m summer year after year, at long last, then this appointment may work. If its just going to be bargain basement wheeling dealing akin to Arnesen rather than signing players for now, then it will fail, and to quote that bloke standing sideways in Titanic "she will surely sink".

A couple of things come to mind - this lad Sarr we have bought - I wonder if we can get him over sooner as he sounds like the right kind of deep lying player Conte likes. The second is, for everyone who is citing February 2022 as being when we should decide if this has worked - think again - January is a terrible time to buy players - for every Tevez and Mascherano there are 10 Demba Ba's and Salomon Rondons. Between now and the end of the season its about scouting and identifying the players that Conte wants, getting the deals signed early in summer window, and giving the gaffer the chance to mould his team.

Tottenham 2022/23 will be far better than 2021/22, mark my words!

Yes, like always..and the excuses are already laid out lol.

Does ANYONE actually think Conte will say "i'll take the job now, you want me to get top 4 but won't really spend until the summer?"
Me neither...
Seriously dude Spurs have really done a number on you haven’t they!

Top 6 is a realistic target for this season and the only promise I think we can give us to make funds available and maybe Paratici has some things lined up he can give assurances on. But no one spends big in Jan, even the doped clubs.
These aren’t excuses but we do need to be realistic. If we don’t spend at all in Jan then I think you could be concerned but it’s the summer where most business gets done. And if we don’t I will happily join you with any critique of Levy ( I have a few historic ones!)

Seriously dude Spurs have really done a number on you haven’t they!

Top 6 is a realistic target for this season and the only promise I think we can give us to make funds available and maybe Paratici has some things lined up he can give assurances on. But no one spends big in Jan, even the doped clubs.
These aren’t excuses but we do need to be realistic. If we don’t spend at all in Jan then I think you could be concerned but it’s the summer where most business gets done. And if we don’t I will happily join you with any critique of Levy ( I have a few historic ones!)

Deal :)
Strap youself in ...again..!:eek:

Back