• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Seriously though, that is mad. It couldn't be a more stark change in such a short space of time. Worst to best and the guys barely had a proper fortnight to work with the whole team in normal conditions.
Nuno's plan was to sit back and absorb, Conte's is to engage and run. But yes, it is a stark difference. And yes, the distance covered is not the be all and end all. Leeds run a lot.

It's all an act for the Spurs fans according to Simon Jordan.

Personally I dont care. I want to see passion like this from our Manager, rather than the motionless, blank expression, caught-in-the-headlights look of our last man in charge
So the constant tactical instructions is all for show? the guy is clearly a clown.

Personally I dont care. I want to see passion like this from our Manager, rather than the motionless, blank expression, caught-in-the-headlights look of our last man in charge

Whatever it is, it works since he's been successful wherever he has been. Can't say the same about Jordan but I do annoyingly like his alternative views on talksport

Whatever it is, it works since he's been successful wherever he has been. Can't say the same about Jordan but I do annoyingly like his alternative views on talksport

Not a massive fan of Talksport but really like Jordan. Disagree with him a bit but find him insightful because of his background and considered with his opinions unlike most on that station and in the media generally.

On Conte. He plays to the gallery a bit but I don't think you can fake that much. He loves it. And fudge me, I really wanted Poch back but I'm absolutely delighted with Conte. Been everything id hoped for so far and more. If I was a player, I'd run through brick walls for him. I love Poch and always will but am genuinely hopeful Conte can bring us to bigger highs.

Not a massive fan of Talksport but really like Jordan. Disagree with him a bit but find him insightful because of his background and considered with his opinions unlike most on that station and in the media generally.

On Conte. He plays to the gallery a bit but I don't think you can fake that much. He loves it. And fudge me, I really wanted Poch back but I'm absolutely delighted with Conte. Been everything id hoped for so far and more. If I was a player, I'd run through brick walls for him. I love Poch and always will but am genuinely hopeful Conte can bring us to bigger highs.

Not taking any medals here, but always wanted Conte even back in the summer. He's doing a splendid job so far and long may it continue.

Would have liked Poch but always thought that his transfers were shocking and really started to undo the hard work by not addressing glaring holes in the team. Never replaced rose and walker combo, and the wanyama dembele rock. However he has enough credit in the bank to warrant him coming back in the future.

Also didn't like his book or the way he was throwing out brick in the media a season before he was sacked.

Not taking any medals here, but always wanted Conte even back in the summer. He's doing a splendid job so far and long may it continue.

Would have liked Poch but always thought that his transfers were shocking and really started to undo the hard work by not addressing glaring holes in the team. Never replaced rose and walker combo, and the wanyama dembele rock. However he has enough credit in the bank to warrant him coming back in the future.

Also didn't like his book or the way he was throwing out brick in the media a season before he was sacked.

Thats a very good post that sums up my thoughts on Poch with the exception of some of the transfer stuff as I think he has a legitimate out on that with Levy and the club failing to properly back him. But the good things he did far outweigh the rest. Its been rehashed on here a lot but he worked miracles in my book to make us top 4 regulars.

Poch was my number 1 choice in the summer. I was enthusiastic about Conte too but not as much as I am now. Because of fudgers like me, Poch's shadow lingers in the background at Tottenham. Its early days but Conte may well be on track to dispel that shadow.

Well Emerson says different: https://www.football365.com/news/spurs-emerson-royal-explains-nuno-rubbish-opens-up-conte-reign

“Every day he’s like that. The same way you see him on camera he is in training. He points, shows circles, but does not point to burn the player. He points because he’s very detail oriented.

“And he says to me ‘Emerson, if you do it like this it’ll be better for you, it’ll be better for the team’. And he showed me the same thing 10 times in game or in training. ‘When the ball is here you have to take a step back, better position your body’. And when it arrived, I took that step back that he said and it was what I needed to get out of the play. He’s explosive, he really screams, demands, you gotta be eating well if because if you’re not, you can’t stand it.”

One Saturday in Tottenham
With Ole at the wheel
Nuno took off Moura
and then his fate was sealed
Ronaldo scored the winner
and off went Fabio
Straight onto the blower
to Don Antonioooooooooo

Allez, Allez, Allez

Not the best pundits in the world. But might as well enjoy it while we can.

I like Shaka. Coming after the first bloke - was that Craig Burley? - and his "boy done great" and "useless for nobody" mangling of the English language, Shaka came across as articulate and as someone who might actually have carried on with his school studies beyond the first-year seniors. (That's ... er ... year 7 for you young 'uns]. I agree with what Frank LeB said, too. Conte has changed the club without spending any money but most of us suspect he is going to want to buy a few players and that Levy has lured him to the club on the proviso that Spurs will go balls-out to get the players Conte wants.

I know a lot of people are still pining for Poch but I do worry that if he ever came back it would be Richard Burton and Liz Taylor all over again; the way things have worked out (i.e. Conte not Poch) might prove better for us.

I like Shaka. Coming after the first bloke - was that Craig Burley? - and his "boy done great" and "useless for nobody" mangling of the English language, Shaka came across as articulate and as someone who might actually have carried on with his school studies beyond the first-year seniors. (That's ... er ... year 7 for you young 'uns]. I agree with what Frank LeB said, too. Conte has changed the club without spending any money but most of us suspect he is going to want to buy a few players and that Levy has lured him to the club on the proviso that Spurs will go balls-out to get the players Conte wants.

I know a lot of people are still pining for Poch but I do worry that if he ever came back it would be Richard Burton and Liz Taylor all over again; the way things have worked out (i.e. Conte not Poch) might prove better for us.

I think Conte is perfect for us. Much better than Pochettino at this point.

I think for a Pochettino return to work out it should be after his key players in the past are sold or no longer key players.

Back