• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Midfield three (3-5-2) rather than front three (3-4-3) has been a recurring topic on here with several of us thinking that a 3-5-2 would be the preferred option at some point.

Midfield three I think we need at least one player capable of a proper final third attacking impact. Or two players capable of sharing that work. This to make it a "front 5" when attacking.

Right now, imo, Ndombele isn't capable of that (and the defensive work needed in a three). Lo Celso might at some point, but not sure. The two of them as box to box players, perhaps at some point, but time will tell.

Hojbjerg, Skipp and Winks are full of running, but short on real quality in the final third to become that fifth attacking player.

Alli is the key to making that midfield three work. Enough stamina, enough attacking quality, enough defensive work rate. Lacks quality in buildup play so perhaps either Ndombele or Lo Celso is needed in a three too. But perhaps the structure under Conte will make it possible with two of Skipp, Winks and Hojbjerg?

Either way, for me, right now. Midfield three if Alli plays, otherwise front three. Up to Alli to show that he can perform consistently enough in that role.

His interview. "I give everyone the opportunity, to prove they can stay".

Love it.
That's what I want to hear because some players need to go. Genuine dear for your place is 100% neccessary for a successful team

That's what I want to hear because some players need to go. Genuine dear for your place is 100% neccessary for a successful team
This is where Levy and Paratici come in, the challenge I think we’ve had is shifting players surplus to requirements, due to a combination of most suitors for those players represents a step down in both status and salary and Levy looking to achieve a decent fee, possibly linked to their book value for accounting purposes. Hopefully this has been noted as an opportunity cost that prevents the refreshing of the squad. I think Aurier was the first example of us doing something our end to free up a squad place?

I’m sure we went the only club who suffers from this, but obviously not as much of an issue when you are a doped club or Man U.

Seriously though, that is mad. It couldn't be a more stark change in such a short space of time. Worst to best and the guys barely had a proper fortnight to work with the whole team in normal conditions.

Yep, i think Winksy has shown what he's made of and what he can do

On Sunday, he produced a performance I thought he might no longer have in him. But he has to do it again and again. Nothing proven yet for me.

That's frightening and, I'm sorry to say because I'm not one for hammering players for this stuff, is a damning indictment of the the players and previous coaching staff. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are, there is no excuse for not giving 100%. It's the least you expect of professionals.

Off topic but love the story of john (jack) ketch.

For those that don't know, john ketch was an english executioner. It was tradition at the time that if you were being executed you would give the executioner a few coins to make it a clean cut. One lord refused to pay so ketch chopped at him 5 times with his axe and still the guy was not dead so he took out his knife and sawed his head off. The mess was so bad that they renamed catsup to ketchup.

True or not, good story.

Off topic but love the story of john (jack) ketch.

For those that don't know, john ketch was an english executioner. It was tradition at the time that if you were being executed you would give the executioner a few coins to make it a clean cut. One lord refused to pay so ketch chopped at him 5 times with his axe and still the guy was not dead so he took out his knife and sawed his head off. The mess was so bad that they renamed catsup to ketchup.

True or not, good story.
Hmm interesting. They still call it Catsup in parts of SE Asia.

Back