• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

No Sessegnon, Romero, Bergwijn, Lo Celso. Lacking quality options in key areas even when everyone's fit.

Then two games in 48 hours.

Compromises were made. Two of the subs at least probably had to happen (Reguilon and Emerson). Lucas in great form more or less had to come on.

Think Conte did as much as could be expected. Sure, if he had done whatever else it could have worked better, but had Son or Lucas had just one good first touch in one of several key situations we'd have won.

Both Doherty and Gil were real threats playing where they played.

Tough crowd. Two legit goals ruled in and we wouldn't be discussing it. Isn't he the only Spurs manager to go his first seven games unbeaten?
Yep
The disappointment seems to stem for some that he didn’t bring Tanguy in which he of course their opinion and valid
But we have no idea how Tanguy is doing in training

Tough crowd. Two legit goals ruled in and we wouldn't be discussing it. Isn't he the only Spurs manager to go his first seven games unbeaten?
He's also the first Spurs manager to play nearly every game at home, due to snow and COVID cancellations.

In the above interview, I liked that Conte said "we need to improve the mentality, why do we need to take a slap and go behind before we start playing?"

Always going to be a tough crowd when we don't win.

Not sure if that's premier league era the 7 unbeaten. The media seem to have forgotten that there was football before the premier league. Which i find insulting.

Always going to be a tough crowd when we don't win.

Not sure if that's premier league era the 7 unbeaten. The media seem to have forgotten that there was football before the premier league. Which i find insulting.

He's raised expectations massively since coming in. He wouldn't want it any other way. I think he would be miserable with low expectations.

This game would have been a solid step in the right direction at almost any point going back a couple of years before he came in.

Hopefully it's the new low point.

He's raised expectations massively since coming in. He wouldn't want it any other way. I think he would be miserable with low expectations.

This game would have been a solid step in the right direction at almost any point going back a couple of years before he came in.

Agree. Just bitter everyone thinks shearer has the goal scoring record.

Dunno. His comments saying it could take years to get in the cl seems to be managing expectations.

Do we all agree if Levy doesn't back conte in the windows ... then we ALL know where we have gone wrong?
The key word is windows
Conte is a managing expectation saying it will take years not months
People will over react just on the January window alone (some good, some bad).
just trust conte to make it clear on how happy he is

Back