• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I am firm in my belief I am right. Let's see in May shall we?

Sure, but see what?

We'll probably improve after the WC break, if we buy decent players. We'll finish 4th, hopefully. Probably trophyless, but not even GHod can change that about Spurs.

And then the next set of European games will roll around next year and crush us again.

The issue seems to be systemic - this yawning collapse is not just bad luck or fatigue, it's either a mental thing (which, again, is okay if it's because of Ventrone, but make it clear if so), or it speaks to Conte's inability to handle things other managers are pretty used to handling re: fixture congestion. 2 games a week is now a fact of football, we can't escape it, and neither can Conte.

Those flaws will remain even if we recover and finish 4th come the end of the season (which is the thing I'll give Conte credit for compared to where we were with Mourinho - he can still turn it around, whereas I lost hope in Mourinho doing that by this stage).

BTW, I find the phrase 'happy clapper' pretty egregious TBH. What is a 'happy clapper'? Someone who doesn't jump on the internet slagging pony and might have a different view and perspective? OK then. A few weeks back, on our pod, I raised the fact I felt Ventrone's death had left Conte floored and that he was struggling...I trust you saw yesterday's comments?

Happy clappers are just those who miserably fail to read the room, tbh. Which Ali Gold usually does. Defeats are supposed to hurt, lost hope always hurts, and people like Ali chiming in about how there are positives and we should be cheering comes across as mistimed and pretty infuriating.

Unlike others, that is the extent of my criticism for happy clappers. It's not that they don't care about losing, they do as much as any Spurs fan. It's that they usually have no sense of timing for their inputs on seeing the bright side of things.

Would it kill ya to wait a few days while others process the pain of losing?

As for Conte, no, I did not - it's been a busy couple of weeks on my end, mate. What did he say?

Indeed. I genuinely wonder if any of them remember Willie Young, Terry Neil, Christian Gross, Paul Price, Stuart Nethercott...and then O realize they likely don't!

Err...no, I don't. Because all of them lot were from before my time. :D

Seen loads of brick in Spurs colours, but my time properly following us started as a kid in '99 mate. Do you want me to list off all the brick we saw in the pre-Jol years, though? Because I can, just let me know. :p

Indeed. I genuinely wonder if any of them remember Willie Young, Terry Neil, Christian Gross, Paul Price, Stuart Nethercott...and then O realize they likely don't!

Willie Young! Blast from the past. My main memory is from when he was a Goon: The Ipswich 1978 Cup Final banner - "Featherlite Mariner slips round big Willie"

:D:D:D

Haha all about context of the period, one of my favourite seasons was Gross when nearly going down after, Barnsley away 1-1 with a Calderwood equaliser, return of Klinsmann, 2-0 against the Toon, Berti and whalloping Wimbledon away, topped off with Klinsmann sign off goal.

Some of the moments that season have been hard to and hardly recreated for me

And everyone is saying how bad their season has been and how we have done well picking up results. We lose today and they win they are 2 points behind us with a game in hand and our season then looks like our performances.
If if if if if…. And if Arsenal were to lose tonight (they wont by the way!). They’d be only 5 points ahead with their game in hand being City away!

Very interested to know how many and which points we’ve picked up this season that we didn’t deserve to?
Or lost
Pool last week we would have won if the ref had been competent
Same with Saudi Sportswashing Machine .. at least a draw if the ref had been consistent with his previous decisions (not that it was a foul on Hugo)
But there will be others going other ways
I’ve heard spurs fans say we were lucky vs Lestah… even with 6 goals

If if if if if…. And if Arsenal were to lose tonight (they wont by the way!). They’d be only 5 points ahead with their game in hand being City away!
But still playing 10x better than us. Arguably the best football in the league and the favourites to win almost every game they play nowadays and thats not if’s or buts.

But still playing 10x better than us. Arguably the best football in the league and the favourites to win almost every game they play nowadays and thats not if’s or buts.

Maybe if conte gets the same time and support as arteta we will too.

Back