• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Prem inside are doing this a lot recently. Looking for likes and hoping people don't fact check.

I'm not normally a stats person but with the break for the World Cup it felt like a good moment to take stock of where we are with Conte.
Either way, Let's hope Paratici and Conte spend the next month on the phone tapping up ahead of the Jan window. If we can strengthen the back 5 in any decent way then we could improve no end

A replacement for Dier (Skriniar or someone). A replacement for Royal (Porro).

And at the end of the season we can reassess. But this window needs to be as transformative as last January in terms of transforming a struggling team with some horrendous footballers into a proper side for the second half of the season.

A replacement for Dier (Skriniar or someone). A replacement for Royal (Porro).

And at the end of the season we can reassess. But this window needs to be as transformative as last January in terms of transforming a struggling team with some horrendous footballers into a proper side for the second half of the season.
Porro isn’t great defensively but has great first time control and movement
Skrinar isn’t signing any contract at inter despite the club noise

TBH I'm not overly bothered now, this part of season is done and we get a chance to reset even with the WC, I think for us this break weirdly comes at a good time and we can plan and in some cases relax.
Yes I’m delighted it’s over now, we limped to the finish, but I’m just wondering what you might have thought we gained that we didn’t deserve? Because I hear this a hell of a lot, but when we are brick we lose, quite rightly generally, except last week. So how many points have our performances really deserved in your opinion?

i doubt it’s very much different to the points we’ve got if we’re all being honest (won’t hold my breath on that).

Yes I’m delighted it’s over now, we limped to the finish, but I’m just wondering what you might have thought we gained that we didn’t deserve? Because I hear this a hell of a lot, but when we are brick we lose, quite rightly generally, except last week. So how many points have our performances really deserved in your opinion?

i doubt it’s very much different to the points we’ve got if we’re all being honest (won’t hold my breath on that).

I've always said I think most games have been balanced personally just frustrated with the 1H versus 2H

I would say it's evened out on the basis we gave ourselves too much to do against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool, United, Forest, but then had enough to claw back against Bournemouth and Leeds, so overall its been a C+ for the first half of the season

Happy clappers are just those who miserably fail to read the room, tbh. Which Ali Gold usually does. Defeats are supposed to hurt, lost hope always hurts, and people like Ali chiming in about how there are positives and we should be cheering comes across as mistimed and pretty infuriating.

Unlike others, that is the extent of my criticism for happy clappers. It's not that they don't care about losing, they do as much as any Spurs fan. It's that they usually have no sense of timing for their inputs on seeing the bright side of things.

Would it kill ya to wait a few days while others process the pain of losing?

As for Conte, no, I did not - it's been a busy couple of weeks on my end, mate. What did he say?

I had a long reply written, but I give up. Enjoy your perspectives and approaches, and I hope they work for you...

Last edited:
And everyone is saying how bad their season has been and how we have done well picking up results. We lose today and they win they are 2 points behind us with a game in hand and our season then looks like our performances.
You are such a wet blanket. Is this how hindsight works?

I am hacked off when I see Royale starting ahead of Spence because I think he is a poor wingback, but for those of you who want Conte out, well you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Before he joined we looked bereft as a football club, and a long way off a CL position. And then he came in and took us to the CL where we topped our group, and has won 79 points in his first 38 league matches. That is more than Pep (78) and Klopp (65). I think Spurs fans are being foolhardy if they want him out now, and yes I am looking at the likes of you @Danishfurniturelover.

I had a long reply written, but I give up. Enjoy your perspectives and approaches, and I hope they work for you...

Thanks mate, likewise. 'Happy clappers', as a football term, isn't going away though, so I honestly hope you don't get too exercised over it.

Whoever we sign the bar is very low

Yeah, I think it's the opposite of pressure, to be honest. Put in a decent cross, the crowd will go wild - pass forward instead of back, even wilder.

Pressure would be signing someone to replace, say, Kulu. Emerson? You could sign legless amphibians with better ball control.

Yeah, I think it's the opposite of pressure, to be honest. Put in a decent cross, the crowd will go wild - pass forward instead of back, even wilder.

Pressure would be signing someone to replace, say, Kulu. Emerson? You could sign legless amphibians with better ball control.

Yeh let's not pretend our fans are a bunch of baying ogres, if your decent the fans will adore you and love you, even more than the desire to win things in some cases. Its not an agenda

I've always said I think most games have been balanced personally just frustrated with the 1H versus 2H

I would say it's evened out on the basis we gave ourselves too much to do against Saudi Sportswashing Outfit, Liverpool, United, Forest, but then had enough to claw back against Bournemouth and Leeds, so overall its been a C+ for the first half of the season

My word. C+?

Back