• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Townsend as an academy graduate on his first senior contract will be on low wages. Berahino would be the 2nd/3rd most expensive signings in history, so would expect a hefty wack to match.

I know that you do not want to sign him but I think that you don't do your argument any favours by making up stuff.

Our top earners now are on £70-80k a week, depending on reports. Even if Townsend was only on £15k a week, then your guess at the additional cost of Berahino would put him firmly in that bracket. I think that it is more likely that he would be paid around £40-50k and told to work for an improved contract, the same as we have done with everyone else.

Respectable display from him tonight. Decent pen and fine finish for his second. It's a shame he can't put in decent displays for the first team, always looked to be heaping too much pressure on himself when playing. Hope he gets a decent move for his sake.

Respectable display from him tonight. Decent pen and fine finish for his second. It's a shame he can't put in decent displays for the first team, always looked to be heaping too much pressure on himself when playing. Hope he gets a decent move for his sake.
Agree. He's a Spurs man through and through, really wanted it here I'm sure, but hey we all did!

happy for townsend to stay if he is OK to sit on the bench.
poch could utilise him more in cup competitions, good option to just wear down the opposition defence before kane comes on to finish the game.

happy for townsend to stay if he is OK to sit on the bench.
poch could utilise him more in cup competitions, good option to just wear down the opposition defence before kane comes on to finish the game.

The path even to our bench seems very long for Townsend at the moment. Son, Chadli, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen make 5. Onomah seems ahead of him too, and that's not even including Clinton and Pritchard because of their injuries. Clinton seemed clearly ahead of Townsend in the pecking order before his injury and I think Pritchard will get the chance ahead of him once he's up to speed.

We made 3 changes in our front 4 for the cup game against Leicester and Townsend wasn't even in contention it seemed. That was with Clinton and Pritch injured in addition to Dembele and Mason out (both can also play AM positions, or either could play deeper in midfield with Carroll further forward). In addition to that we're linked with strikers that can also do a job in an attacking midfield role when Kane starts as a striker...

The path even to our bench seems very long for Townsend at the moment. Son, Chadli, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen make 5. Onomah seems ahead of him too, and that's not even including Clinton and Pritchard because of their injuries. Clinton seemed clearly ahead of Townsend in the pecking order before his injury and I think Pritchard will get the chance ahead of him once he's up to speed.

We made 3 changes in our front 4 for the cup game against Leicester and Townsend wasn't even in contention it seemed. That was with Clinton and Pritch injured in addition to Dembele and Mason out (both can also play AM positions, or either could play deeper in midfield with Carroll further forward). In addition to that we're linked with strikers that can also do a job in an attacking midfield role when Kane starts as a striker...

Seems to be that way 100% - he is behind other youth team prospects

Townsend needs to move if only for himself, he is very unlikely to become a regular player for us as when given the chance he has failed to take it.

Seemed to be trying enough last night. Commentator mentioned a few times he has supposedly apologised to Pochettino. Perhaps he is going to knuckle down and fight for his place via the U21.
Although it was lower level oppostion, so hard to gauge, did well last night and has played a few U21 matches now. Perhaps there is a chance he could make the bench at least, for the replay. If not, then I would summise his days at Spurs truly are numbered

Seemed to be trying enough last night. Commentator mentioned a few times he has supposedly apologised to Pochettino. Perhaps he is going to knuckle down and fight for his place via the U21.
Although it was lower level oppostion, so hard to gauge, did well last night and has played a few U21 matches now. Perhaps there is a chance he could make the bench at least, for the replay. If not, then I would summise his days at Spurs truly are numbered
Commendable attitude and obviously he is desperate to stay at the club that he loves. His bond with the club is one reason I could see him pushing for loan rather than cutting ties altogether, but for his career I'm not too sure that is the wisest course of action. I'm sure he doesn't want to go to a relegation threatened club either so he has some hard choices ahead of him.

I'm a bit late to the party in here but I'll throw my thoughts in here anyway.

Townsend never really stepped up from new and exciting to first team regular despite having a lot of the attributes required. It's fine for a young player to come in and have us all on our feet with their direct play and pace but you can't build a career on it in the premiership because those players get found out.
He is the most frustrating player in the squad but I hope he carves out a career at the top level because he is a Tottenham boy and I've been impressed with his willingness to step down to the U21s and get match fitness. A lot of players would have sulked.
I think with Pritchard coming back, who Poch speaks highly of, Townsend won't get a look in so he has to move for himself really. Hodgson loves him so he has a chance at going to the Euros if he plays regularly.

£14m would be a fair price for all parties in my opinion. I hope he gets the right move.

I think Townsend could have been a much better player at Spurs if he had not become too greedy by trying to score goals all the time like Bale. He should have contributed more to the team by creating goal scoring chances to others instead of trying to score himself.

Back