• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

he doesn't suit poch's touch-go-come back-touch again football. i think he will do well at Saudi Sportswashing Machine or west ham where they try to open up games and take risks with pace on the wings.

as for decision making regarding when to shoot... i believe its something that can be as much the coach's instruction as the player's decision. under the right coach, his attributes could be quite potent.

he doesn't suit poch's touch-go-come back-touch again football. i think he will do well at Saudi Sportswashing Machine or west ham where they try to open up games and take risks with pace on the wings.

as for decision making regarding when to shoot... i believe its something that can be as much the coach's instruction as the player's decision. under the right coach, his attributes could be quite potent.

I am yet to see a coach who can make off target shots potent.

I agree that Townsend would be more effective at a club where most opponents don't try to put ten men behind the ball.

I am yet to see a coach who can make off target shots potent.

I agree that Townsend would be more effective at a club where most opponents don't try to put ten men behind the ball.

i thought coaches do just that? train the players to put shots on target. or do they just ask them to just run around a bit :)

take a look at this video - do you really think townsend has lost his shooting boots for good ?

i thought coaches do just that? train the players to put shots on target. or do they just ask them to just run around a bit :)

take a look at this video - do you really think townsend has lost his shooting boots for good ?

I think Townsend has always been poor at shooting and had bad decision making but he had a hot run of form when he first broke through.

Decision making is part of the problem, but only part of it. Too often his first touch lets him down, means that he has to take 3-4 touches instead of 1 or two before shooting. Makes it much easier to block and put him under pressure. He also seems to lack awareness. Again more touches before he takes the shot, because he has to take a touch, look up, touch again, then start doing his thing...

2011-2014... That's quite a span to be picking highlights from. He can shoot, no doubt. He strikes the ball well with both feet, no doubt. But there are other attributes needed to be a potent, consistent, goal threat.

Great, you can see it now…final day of the season…single point needed to secure champions league…away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine…enter Andros in the last ten mins!!

218px-headlesschicken.jpg

...one of those wild long range shots. The one that the law of averages says will fly into the top corner :)

He may become a better player with consistent playing time. But that won't be with us. Anything above £10m is tidy for us.

Last edited:
I think he offers something different off the bench. He will run at players and commit them thus winning free kicks and opening things up. Def a good plan B off the bench. We dont currently have anyone that will pick up the ball and run with it.

unfortunately i think he is being used as an example and wont play again for the first team. His attitude for the u-21 has been good. I think he deserves another chance

I think he offers something different off the bench. He will run at players and commit them thus winning free kicks and opening things up. Def a good plan B off the bench. We dont currently have anyone that will pick up the ball and run with it.

unfortunately i think he is being used as an example and wont play again for the first team. His attitude for the u-21 has been good. I think he deserves another chance

Dembele?

I feel sorry for the lad, Spurs do,not want him any more but appear to be pricing him out of a move. It seems a number of people on here do not rate him, if he is as bad as so many people make out, not me, then methinks £14m appears to be a lot of money

Are you having a laugh?
Normally, but not with this comment. It's not as outlandish an idea as it seems. He's pushing for loan deal and I don't see too many premier league clubs agreeing to that. This way he stays in London and comes back to the club in the summer, which is what he wants.

Is that the right thing for him to do? No it is probably not, but he's not going to get game time at Spurs now or later so I think he should just move for the sake of his career.

Normally, but not with this comment. It's not as outlandish an idea as it seems. He's pushing for loan deal and I don't see too many premier league clubs agreeing to that. This way he stays in London and comes back to the club in the summer, which is what he wants.

Is that the right thing for him to do? No it is probably not, but he's not going to get game time at Spurs now or later so I think he should just move for the sake of his career.

I guess you are ignoring the fact that Levy does not want to loan him out but instead wants a permanent deal? Maybe if he was not being priced out of a move this would not even be an issue

I guess you are ignoring the fact that Levy does not want to loan him out but instead wants a permanent deal? Maybe if he was not being priced out of a move this would not even be an issue

Let's how the window ends before talking like that. We've had two bids of £10m for him, there appears to be a little brinkmanship going on right now but it doesn't seem outrageous that a club might get near to or match the £14m we are meant to want for him.

Back