• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I am yet to see a coach who can make off target shots potent.

I agree that Townsend would be more effective at a club where most opponents don't try to put ten men behind the ball.:D
You've nailed funniest post of the year already. Again!

I think he offers something different off the bench. He will run at players and commit them thus winning free kicks and opening things up. Def a good plan B off the bench. We dont currently have anyone that will pick up the ball and run with it.

unfortunately i think he is being used as an example and wont play again for the first team. His attitude for the u-21 has been good. I think he deserves another chance

Pritchard, Dembele, Kane, Lamela

Pritchard, Dembele, Kane, Lamela

Walker, Rose, Bentaleb, Onoma.....

Son!

Part of why Townsend doesn't fit in particularly well with our style of play is how he "picks the ball up and runs with it" without looking for a pass, with his head down, down blind alleys with little actual space to attack. Luckily very few of our other players do that. But when space opens up for players like Son and Dembele in particularly they can most certainly run with it.

Seems the deal is almost done

http://www.theguardian.com/football...g Machine-andros-townsend-tottenham-agree-fee

No!!!!! Loan him to the Barcodes, then sell to them in the summer! He'll score against us in the last game of the season, I'm having nightmares about it already!

Seems the deal is almost done

http://www.theguardian.com/football...g Machine-andros-townsend-tottenham-agree-fee
Does anybody know whether he ended up playing for the under 21s tonight? Surely if a fee was agreed (or even close to being agreed) then he would've been pulled out of that game?

Glad this won't be a loan for the season followed by a transfer, by the time Townsend had sliced some shots and knocked Ashleys sports direct coffee mug over he would be on his way back to us.

I wish the lad well but something between their bid of 10mil and our demand of 14mil is insanely good business for us. Thats a Dier and an Alli with change i think wtf.

"But with Mauricio Pochettino keen to free up space in his squad, the Tottenham manager has personally intervened to request that the club accepts a lower bid – understood to be somewhere in the middle of the two clubs’ valuations."
"But it is understood that Pochettino has been impressed with Townsend’s attitude since being frozen out of the first team picture and was keen to allow him to find another club as a goodwill gesture."

Well done Poch. Shows what power he now has at the club.

Back