• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I'd have a hard time not asking if they'd take overnight delivery or should just drive him up there myself.

Allardyce believes the pace of Townsend will add a new dimension to his side. Townsend, whose contract at Spurs is not due to end until 2018, will significantly increase his current £40,000-a-week salary by moving to the Stadium of Light.

LOL. That's why Sunderland won't be seen in the top half any time soon, paying insane wages to absolute dross.

Allardyce believes the pace of Townsend will add a new dimension to his side. Townsend, whose contract at Spurs is not due to end until 2018, will significantly increase his current £40,000-a-week salary by moving to the Stadium of Light.

LOL. That's why Sunderland won't be seen in the top half any time soon, paying insane wages to absolute dross.

Barry Glendenning (I think) on the football weekly podcast some time back made the point that Sunderland are at a significant disadvantage financially as they have to pay players over the top to convince them to move to Sunderland (or anywhere near Sunderland). They're not going to compete with us or Chelsea for a player, but compared to most of their league rivals they will have to pay more to convince a player to move there over most other places in England - particularly London based clubs.

Struggling against relegation and being managed by Sam Allardyce isn't going to help that...

Barry Glendenning (I think) on the football weekly podcast some time back made the point that Sunderland are at a significant disadvantage financially as they have to pay players over the top to convince them to move to Sunderland (or anywhere near Sunderland). They're not going to compete with us or Chelsea for a player, but compared to most of their league rivals they will have to pay more to convince a player to move there over most other places in England - particularly London based clubs.

Struggling against relegation and being managed by Sam Allardyce isn't going to help that...
Probably not as bad as it is for Liverpool/Everton

Most of them probably live in Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but even that requires a bit of convincing I bet.

Probably not as bad as it is for Liverpool/Everton

Worse than those by a distance I think...

Most of them probably live in Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but even that requires a bit of convincing I bet.

Yeah. And let's remember that part of what comes with being a footballer is the life style. Part of that is being adored, but how much love do you get from the local population of Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a Sunderland player walking around town?

I remember reading some years back that Bryan Robson, when he was at Boro, used to carry out negotiations with prospective players in a hotel on the North Yorkshire moors so that they never got to see the town.

I remember reading some years back that Bryan Robson, when he was at Boro, used to carry out negotiations with prospective players in a hotel on the North Yorkshire moors so that they never got to see the town.

Having lived no further than 15 miles from Charing Cross all my life I can say all this North East bashing is rubbish, there are some lovely place around Durham and the coastline is fantastic up there. There are plenty of s***holes in and around London our own beloved Tottenham is one of them!

Having lived no further than 15 miles from Charing Cross all my life I can say all this North East bashing is rubbish, there are some lovely place around Durham and the coastline is fantastic up there. There are plenty of s***holes in and around London our own beloved Tottenham is one of them!

I'm not bashing the north east. I agree that there is some beautiful countryside and towns in that neck of the woods

But you are only 60 minutes away from London, up there Saudi Sportswashing Machine city centre doesn't have the same appeal for a young millionaire

Well aside from reuniting with Defoe and Kaboul, he might also enjoy living in the realm of Cheryl Cole...

B94yJpgIAAAsICE

Whats the flight time from Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Takes me over an hour to get to London Bridge.
With all the hanging around beforehand it's a little over 2 hours to Manchester, so I'd expect something similar. Then you've got all the travel time either side of each airport which in itself is probably more than your journey.

Living in the North just doesn't stack up. Chester is quite nice if you can ignore all the people, but other than that you're better off in even a bricky bit of the South East.

Not having ever been to the North of England (well that's not 100% true) all I can add is Barry Glendenning is a massive clam irrespective of what he says.

Back