• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Welcome Antonio.
I don't think I have ever been so excited about a Tottenham managerial appointment.
When we first came a courting in the summer i was not keen, nothing to do with you, but i didn't see that you were a good fit for us.
But oh how i have changed my mind. If anyone can get this bunch of lazy, moaning, self entitled clams performing or thrown out it is you.
I don't care if you last a week, a month or a decade because I know that after you've gone we will know exactly where the club are going.
Bring us some pride, bring us smiles and bring us some glory!

COYS

According to The Atlantic, his contract extends if we qualify for the CL.

So I think we can safely assume that's now our minimum standard for managers. Qualify or you're out.
In which case we need to quickly start providing a top 4 budget to our manager otherwise we'll be paying lots of money in sacking compensation going forward.

I've had a few messages of jealousy already from mates who support Arsenal & West Ham
You will still be brick with him in charge, etc etc
Ok then

Exaxtly. Conte is probably the 4th or 5th best coach in the world. If we do the whole rigmarole again of him asking for players and us refusing his targets because we need to offload Harry Winks first, it will truly be one of the most horrendous mistakes in its history - up there with sacking Poch, which in my mind remains the biggest for what could have been.

Act like the club that appointed Conte, not the club that appointed Nuno.

Not neccesaily, but if you bring in a man like Conte and still act like you have a Poch/Nuno/Potter then it's all for show and not really a serious move of intent or ambition

Because his attitude is spot on and he’ll have more protection, he’s been really good this season already.
I think Conte will swap him for a player who is good on the ball. I also think Conte will want a left footed player on the left side of the defence. My guess is Romagnoli comes for a reasonably low fee in January.

I think they all have the capacity to shine. We never seem to sign players who are capable of independent thought and leadership, so I can see them all getting into line as he will be the biggest personality at the club.

The good thing about him is there is no reason that can be put forward to defend the players against him. Players who work hard and do what they're told to do will play. End of.

No more of this 'yeah but Alli needs xyz player to be playing and it has to be a Wednesday night for him to perform and it's the manager holding him back'.

Who of the two do you think would get more games? Do you think we'd go get another 'destroyer' (perhaps a stronger/faster one)?

Whoever shows that they can move the ball better would be my shout. Defensively there isn't much between them. I do see them sharing the role mostly though.

Back