• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

How would he potentially have us lined up? Something like:

-------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------
----------Romero----------------Sanchez---------------------Dier---------
Royal----------------------------------------------------------------Reguilon
--------------Ndombele---------Hojbjerg---------Lo Celso---------------
----------------------Kane---------------------Son---------------------------

That would be VERY attacking..! I'd assume Rodon might play more instead of Dier though..

1. Well that's just not true. His Juventus and Chelsea teams were front foot attacking teams. Practical doesn't mean defensive.
2. I haven't seen any evidence of that, he left due to there being no investment and the board trying to sell his top players at Inter.
3. A club who wins things.

1. Maybe if i used 'pragmatic' would that be better?
2. Are you joking??
3. agreed, plus a club who spend big (certainly BIGGER than we do...)

Can i just say i'm very happy that he's been appointed, however, i know that ENIC/Levy/the Board will HAVE to back him in the same way that HAD to back Jose...

1. Both are managers considered to be 'practical' and who value defensive solidity over creativity if they had to choose one
2. They both have repuations of needing or demanding big budgets and are used to having bigger budgets than what Spurs usually have to spend
3. Both ex-Chelsea managers

Is that enough?
I think the point he's getting at is Conte is quite clearly not yesterdays man.

Well for starters we didnt have Paritici then. If you think he's gone to the trouble of getting in one of the best DoFs and now gone all out to get one of the CURRENT best managers in the world who would not come here without knowing we are serious about investing in quality then thats up to you I guess....

Time will tell. I think we should all have leant now to waikt to see what ACTUALLY happens rather than assume/think certain things will happen (like January 2020 for example...)

We can revisit on 1st February 2022:)

So gents my "Welcome Don Antonio" thread worked a treat ... Dier has just shat himself

Oh i certainly agree with that, but he IS a chequebook manager, no question about that. Do we suddenly have a chequebook board (like we assumed was the case two years ago when Jose rocked up)?

Name me a non cheque book manager that has won things.

fudge me. I left the stadium on Saturday completely disillusioned with Levy and with the club. For the first time, I wanted Levy out. What an appointment. I can only figure he's given Conte some assurances on budget.

To get the best available manager in world football is a huge statement. That we have the balls to go for him and he has the balls to come here. I'm thrilled. Only Poch would have made me happier and I'm not sure how much of that is sentiment.

I know we've been down this road before with AVB and Jose but this feels different. This feels like a genuinely top manager, who will take no brick, at the peak of his powers.

Levy, you've pulled me back in you bald, evil little genius.

Name me a non cheque book manager that has won things.

Arteta, if we're being churlish...Tuchel even at a push:D

But you KNOW what i mean by chequebook manager from our perspective and you KNOW why we didn't get Conte in the summer or several other targets and ended up with Nuno so let's not try and re-write or forget history now...

According to The Atlantic, his contract extends if we qualify for the CL.

So I think we can safely assume that's now our minimum standard for managers. Qualify or you're out.

Massive statement of intent from the club. One of the top managers in the world, in his prime, now Spurs manager.

This. There can be no more excuses. The dross will no longer be tolerated and he will be given funds to improve the squad, there is no way he would have come without cast iron assurances of money to spend.

And its been done swiftly before the season is dead.

fudge me. I left the stadium on Saturday completely disillusioned with Levy and with the club. For the first time, I wanted Levy out. What an appointment. I can only figure he's given Conte some assurances on budget.

To get the best available manager in world football is a huge statement. That we have the balls to go for him and he has the balls to come here. I'm thrilled. Only Poch would have made me happier and I'm not sure how much of that is sentiment.

I know we've been down this road before with AVB and Jose but this feels different. This feels like a genuinely top manager, who will take no brick, at the peak of his powers.

Levy, you've pulled me back in you bald, evil little genius.
Every time Spurs do it !!!
I fancy going Thursday night now too haha

According to The Atlantic, his contract extends if we qualify for the CL.

So I think we can safely assume that's now our minimum standard for managers. Qualify or you're out.

Did it also say how much he has asked for in terms of spending in January to achieve that?

Back