• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

All leaves an odd taste in the mouth, but in terms of seeing Spurs win and compete with the best, this clearly helps massively...and if we were on the outside, it would be cr@p. Levy has worked wonders to get us included in this gig

I think I'd be throwing the towel in if we were on the outside of this.

All leaves an odd taste in the mouth, but in terms of seeing Spurs win and compete with the best, this clearly helps massively...and if we were on the outside, it would be cr@p. Levy has worked wonders to get us included in this gig
Spot on for me. Trying to be patient and seeing how this actually pans out.

If it happens though I really struggle to see how being outside it would be good.

Clearly being outside it would be terrible, but that's the reality for 99% of European football teams now, with little to no chance of getting into it, ever.

I'm alright Jack, and all that.

Clearly being outside it would be terrible, but that's the reality for 99% of European football teams now, with little to no chance of getting into it, ever.

I'm alright Jack, and all that.

right, but if its happening then you want to be 'in'. If we weren't to join, it would still go ahead. We are no bearing on it happening, so better to be in

I also think there will still be a compromise with ESL teams also playing in the PL etc, granted though that pL will be devalued.

I see they're talking of 'substanitally' increased solidarity payments to the leagues impacted to also help get it over the line

Sad reality is Tottenham would be royally fudged if they were on the outside looking in.

But in many ways I'd still prefer us to stay out of it and take our chances in a PL without the other five. Not so much because it would mean we'd have a better chance of winning the title as because we'd still be in a gloriously competitive league with all the intensity, excitement and angst of promotion and relegation etc.

right, but if its happening then you want to be 'in'. If we weren't to join, it would still go ahead. We are no bearing on it happening, so better to be in
That's a bit of a cop out, to excuse Spurs. I doubt it'd have taken more than a few of the English teams to back out to stop it happening. We're not just passive bystanders.

I also think there will still be a compromise with ESL teams also playing in the PL etc, granted though that pL will be devalued.
The PL can't get rid of the founding clubs, as the six of them well know. They'll have to swallow it and basically get fudged over for the next 23 years. It's already extremely unlikely someone outside of 5 of these 6 wins anything domestically, this'll make it more or less impossible. But they can't just tell us to fudge off.

I see they're talking of 'substanitally' increased solidarity payments to the leagues impacted to also help get it over the line
A few scraps from the table, but not enough that you might actually become a challenge to us in anyway, presumably.

I wonder if this league, if it goes ahead, will have rebranding like Super League Rugby did or like US Football, so we might see

Barcelona Dragons
Emirates Marketing Project Chiefs
Liverpool Steelers (see what i did there?)
Chelsea Cheetahs (and there?)
Real Madrid Raiders
and depending if we end up in bed with a US Football team, Tottenham Hotspur Titans or Jaguars

I wonder if this league, if it goes ahead, will have rebranding like Super League Rugby did or like US Football, so we might see

Barcelona Dragons
Emirates Marketing Project Chiefs
Liverpool Steelers (see what i did there?)
Chelsea Cheetahs (and there?)
Real Madrid Raiders
and depending if we end up in bed with a US Football team, Tottenham Hotspur Titans or Jaguars
Would be horrific!

Back