• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European Super League - Dead on arrival

I don’t think that UEFA or domestic leagues can do much to screw the founders, but the situation would be trickier for the five annual invitees if they faced a five year ban from UEFA competitions on their return.

THat might tip things over, agreed. But who else are the 3 unnamed teams? Ajax? Porto and Benfica?

I think PSG and the German teams will look at this and, like me with Spurs, think you're better off being in and holding your nose than outside and suffering

People keep mentioning they are fan owned and that will stop them.

Let’s assume it’s a success, will the fans who are used to seeing world class players play for them be happy all those players leave?

The gap in the league would drop as well.

Plus clubs like red bull won’t care, they are hated anyway.

Let’s assume it’s a success, will the fans who are used to seeing world class players play for them be happy all those players leave?
I think thats why fans will want Bayern and PSG to sign up. Once this thing gets more momentum (TV rights announced, dates set etc) they'll want their teams to be in as they'll realise that being on the outside will see their players leave

I don’t think that UEFA or domestic leagues can do much to screw the founders, but the situation would be trickier for the five annual invitees if they faced a five year ban from UEFA competitions on their return.

After the 23 years you mean? not sure anyone cares

Too many English. I'd say its 3 from:

PSG
Bayern
Dortmund
Porto
Benfica
Ajax

Most likely the top 3

I think you are right that it would be too many.

Porto is a good shout, but why wouldn't they have jumped on it if invited?

Back