• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

As I say what makes you happy mate, even if there is no factual proof to show that your BIAS is correct.

You should not be commenting on speculation since you only level at facts. My "proof" is from journos which i can use to form an opinion.

We are not going to be winning the league any time soon.

I do not know whether it is worth more points for us to complete our business early by signing players with a lower ceiling or holding out for the best of the rest. Part of the reason for holding out for players with more potential is that potentially they will be worth more in the future which is important when we operate on a sell to buy basis.

I also do not know the ins and outs of the Berahino deal, only what I have read in the paper and online gossip. I would assume that we made contact with WBA early but that it is a deal that has dragged on but that is just speculation.

Fair point, but surely we should possibly adapt a different strategy rather than apparently doing the same thing in the market (again according to online and papers).

Sigh :rolleyes: there is nothing wrong with having a opinion but having a BIAS is different. Anyway I have banged my head against a brick wall for long enough over this so I am out of this conversation.

Sigh :rolleyes: there is nothing wrong with having a opinion but having a BIAS is different. Anyway I have banged my head against a brick wall for long enough over this so I am out of this conversation.

my bias is based on journos .... talk about banging head. All opinion is based on bias unless talking fact. Again this is not talking facts.

Fair point, but surely we should possibly adapt a different strategy rather than apparently doing the same thing in the market (again according to online and papers).

I think that would depend on whether the club think that we are better off with the current strategy that the alternative. I do not know the answer to that.

I think that would depend on whether the club think that we are better off with the current strategy that the alternative. I do not know the answer to that.

Don't think anyone does but would be nice to see something else for a change. One season getting all business done early would be nice to see

As much as I would like Wanyama to sign I cannot see Saints selling to us at all. Not sure the player will be able to force his way out either.

Don't think anyone does but would be nice to see something else for a change. One season getting all business done early would be nice to see

But surely we should focus on what is best for the club rather than what would make us feel better. I am sure that there would be just as much noise and complaints if we were signing worse players earlier in the window.

But surely we should focus on what is best for the club rather than what would make us feel better. I am sure that there would be just as much noise and complaints if we were signing worse players earlier in the window.

Like the infamous post bale spending spree.

Part of our problem is clubs like Southampton don't see us as a big boy they see us as their level and therefore don't see it as an opportunity for the players progression

I honestly believe that when Liverpool or united come in for s player the clubs are more receptive as its a better sell for their own fans ... We couldn't compote with United

Where as with us they have a complex and look on it as a direct rival trying to take their players despite the fact they have put comelted with us for a very very king time... And i mean that for most sides

I don't think they see us as a direct rival, but they definitely see us as the next step up that they are trying to achieve - in the same way 4th place is (realisitically) our goal at the moment, 6th is theirs. That is why, as you say, they won't sell to us if they don't have to.

The other problem is, purely and simply, money. IMO the vast majority of players would take £100k per week to be part of the squad at United and start 5 games a season that £60-70k per week and start most games of the season for us.
Firstly it's United, secondly their agent wants them to take the most lucrative deal and thirdly £30k per week equates to nearly £8m over the course of a 5 year contract. And they get to play with Swinesteiger, Rooney etc rather than Dier and Mason!

Can't see this happening unless he hands in a transfer request. They won't want to sell to us and they probably won't have enough time to get a suitable replacement.

I'm must admit I'm not overly keen from what I've seen of him so far. Looks a bit like an old school clogger. Not the alround ballplayer + defensively capable player we are looking for

I'm must admit I'm not overly keen from what I've seen of him so far. Looks a bit like an old school clogger. Not the alround ballplayer + defensively capable player we are looking for
I think what's important here if we are indeed after him is that Pochettino knows him and trusts him. He will know all about Pochettino's complicated press for instance and can theoretically hit the ground running. The ideal signing of course would have been Schneiderlin. He is always going to be what Moutinho was to AVB isn't he

could depend on how serious they are about Townsend....if they really want him and he is prepared to go there then well.....

you scratch my back and ill scratch yours and all that.

Such is out desperation we are linked to limited dm players .. United took their best one . Wud rather leave him off

I think what's important here if we are indeed after him is that Pochettino knows him and trusts him. He will know all about Pochettino's complicated press for instance and can theoretically hit the ground running. The ideal signing of course would have been Schneiderlin. He is always going to be what Moutinho was to AVB isn't he

Or it could be we are getting to plan f stage with CMs and Poch knows for a cheap punt he'll be a competent stop-gap for a year. A bit like Redknapp bringing Crouch from Portsmouth until we were able to go for top forwards like Rafa and Ade.

Or it could be we are getting to plan f stage with CMs and Poch knows for a cheap punt he'll be a competent stop-gap for a year. A bit like Redknapp bringing Crouch from Portsmouth until we were able to go for top forwards like Rafa and Ade.
Maybe you're right. But it's a signing that would make sense given that he's worked with him before. Reminds me of when we signed Palacios. Addressing an obvious need in the team at the time.

This sounds a little desperate if with a week to go we are suddenly eyeing him up, no way they will sell him this to us especially this late in the window.

Back